The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A potential goodbye to Alex Burrows

Brouhaha

" When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." 

-Tecumseh

Burrows isn't dying, obviously. But this quote seemed relevant to me in the sense that Alex full well knows that this may be his last game in the "Blue home jerseys with the familiar green and white trim". Yes he's declined in production quite heavily over the last few seasons, but what made many people such huge fans of him in the first place still remains- his heart and ability to inspire. It's no secret that he's been a great mentor for not only the kids, but the newer guys on the team (Sutter, Barts, etc). It's come to that dreaded point in time where we know that we need to improve the team and to do so likely means cutting him loose. It is because of the simple fact that he knows this, yet still is so incredibly positive about everything that makes this potential goodbye even tougher. Here are a few shots and highlights of Alex's time as a Canuck.

23ba68c6dfc6dc85231b5b04285193d6.jpgburrows4_b.jpgburrows_b.jpg179505_eb.jpgDec811_BTL11_b_slide.jpgAlex-Burrows-Vancouver-Canucks.jpgblackhawks.jpgburrows_ot.jpg4839269.jpg9285155.jpg

For all I know he could be a Canuck next year anyhow, but who knows, really. The only reason why i'm really making any effort to watch the game tonight is because this might be the last time we see him in a Canucks Uni, and if it is, well, nothing but great memories for me!

giphy.gif

One of my fav Canuck, I'd give him another shot..dude's been struggling since he got hurt..let him refocus in the off-season, After all, We are going to need Mr. Clutch when we make that big playoff run next season. ::D

With Rodin coming from overseas and likelihood of Boeser turning pro, makes it that much more likely this may just be his last game in the Blue and Green sweater.

Burrows is lined up with the Sedin's tonight and is also on today's game day progamme 

Not to mention these remarks by WIllie...

...going to be honest, kind of getting emotional putting all the pieces together. At least I'll be there to see him if it is indeed his last game as a Canuck. Was a true warrior for this city. 

5 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

With Rodin coming from overseas and likelihood of Boeser turning pro, makes it that much more likely this may just be his last game in the Blue and Green sweater.

Burrows is lined up with the Sedin's tonight and is also on today's game day progamme 

Not to mention these remarks by WIllie...

...going to be honest, kind of getting emotional putting all the pieces together. At least I'll be there to see him if it is indeed his last game as a Canuck. Was a true warrior for this city. 

Man, that quote by Willie, gave me a bit of a shiver. I'm feeling the same way putting the pieces together too. 

3 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

I've never been the biggest Burrows fan but obviously he's meant so much to this franchise. I don't think he comes back next year, but he's had a great career.

Fair enough man, I suppose I shouldn't have assumed that everyone loves him. But yes, considering how he came up to the Chel, you're right, he's had a great career.

5 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

I've never been the biggest Burrows fan but obviously he's meant so much to this franchise. I don't think he comes back next year, but he's had a great career.

Especially with the defying odds he had against him.

Burrows will be here start of next season u can quote me on it. There's no need for this team to buy him out as there's plenty of cap space. And the likeliness of attracting a huge free agent is pretty low given the status of the team as a major rebuild unless we overpay like crazy for someone like Lucic or maybe eriksson.. Keep dreaming if you'd even think there's a 1% chance stamkos will even consider Vancouver 

19 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

Burrows isn't dying, obviously. But this quote seemed relevant to me in the sense that Alex full well knows that this may be his last game in the "Blue home jerseys with the familiar blue and white trim". Yes he's declined in production quite heavily over the last few seasons, but what made many people such huge fans of him in the first place still remains- his heart and ability to inspire. It's no secret that he's been a great mentor for not only the kids, but the newer guys on the team (Sutter, Barts, etc). It's come to that dreaded point in time where we know that we need to improve the team and to do so likely means cutting him loose. It is because of the simple fact that he knows this, yet still is so incredibly positive about everything that makes this potential goodbye even tougher. Here are a few shots and highlights of Alex's time as a Canuck.

Great trip down memory lane ahaha especially that last one. :lol: I have a feeling we still see Burr next season, if only before the TDL. I was never a big fan of him, but I do respect his talent and what he's done for the team and Vancouver community. I definitely wish him well.

No other Canuck I can think of over the years that has been more 'clutch' than Burrows(Linden as well). A lot of great goals. His classic 'fore hand, back hand and roof' will be replayed for years to come.  Alex wouldn't like it but I hope he gets a hatty but the Canucks lose the game. 

40 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

" When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." 

-Tecumseh

Burrows isn't dying, obviously. But this quote seemed relevant to me in the sense that Alex full well knows that this may be his last game in the "Blue home jerseys with the familiar green and white trim". Yes he's declined in production quite heavily over the last few seasons, but what made many people such huge fans of him in the first place still remains- his heart and ability to inspire. It's no secret that he's been a great mentor for not only the kids, but the newer guys on the team (Sutter, Barts, etc). It's come to that dreaded point in time where we know that we need to improve the team and to do so likely means cutting him loose. It is because of the simple fact that he knows this, yet still is so incredibly positive about everything that makes this potential goodbye even tougher. Here are a few shots and highlights of Alex's time as a Canuck.

23ba68c6dfc6dc85231b5b04285193d6.jpgburrows4_b.jpgburrows_b.jpg179505_eb.jpgDec811_BTL11_b_slide.jpgAlex-Burrows-Vancouver-Canucks.jpgblackhawks.jpgburrows_ot.jpg4839269.jpg9285155.jpg

For all I know he could be a Canuck next year anyhow, but who knows, really. The only reason why i'm really making any effort to watch the game tonight is because this might be the last time we see him in a Canucks Uni, and if it is, well, nothing but great memories for me!

giphy.gif

Heart of a Canuck 

For @VanCanucks fans coming tonight for game vsEDM,would be great to hear you cheer your hearts out for Alex"Big Goal"Burrows #Dragonslayer

Burrows with the twins, for the last time? Zalewski with Granlund and Hansen Kenins with Gaunce and Virtanen Pedan and Weber out Markstrom

Archived