The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

Hmm. Do I cheer for Tanev or Markstrom's team. If Hutton was playing the numbers would mean Canada. Since the Swedes got a little bit nasty a couple of years ago I am more willing to give them the nod. If they would only stop the diving and whining after the whistle I would like them more. Love the Finns. All business and tough.

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hmm. Do I cheer for Tanev or Markstrom's team. If Hutton was playing the numbers would mean Canada. Since the Swedes got a little bit nasty a couple of years ago I am more willing to give them the nod. If they would only stop the diving and whining after the whistle I would like them more. Love the Finns. All business and tough.

Was the D man Larson the guy we signed from the KHL?  Or whatever his name is?  The guy is a horror show.  Way too soft.  I sure hope it's not the same guy.  Please, say the guy we signed is better, and tougher.  PLEASE!  Just lie if you have to.  And if Rodin is like that too...ugh.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was the D man Larson the guy we signed from the KHL?  Or whatever his name is?  The guy is a horror show.  Way too soft.  I sure hope it's not the same guy.  Please, say the guy we signed is better, and tougher.  PLEASE!  Just lie if you have to.  And if Rodin is like that too...ugh.

Nope. Adam Larson plays for the Devils. You're thinking of Philip Larsen.

2 minutes ago, ilovewinona said:

Nope. Adam Larson plays for the Devils. You're thinking of Philip Larsen.

Thank you so much!  Even if you're lying, it's nice to believe our guy is not the Swedish guy I saw out there this tournament. :)

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Thank you so much!  Even if you're lying, it's nice to believe our guy is not the Swedish guy I saw out there this tournament. :)

Well Adam Larsson is a 1st pairing defenseman in the NHL, so i probably wouldn't mind him. Would probably take him over Philip Larsen, but it's close.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Adam Larsson was the #4 overall pick in the 2011 draft. I'm thinking he has a little more talent than Philip Larsen...

On 20.5.2016 at 4:29 AM, Harvey Spector said:

Adam Larsson was the #4 overall pick in the 2011 draft. I'm thinking he has a little more talent than Philip Larsen...

Also, I think Philip Larsen is from Denmark, if I remember correctly

Archived