The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

Canada needs to clean it up defensively and can't give the refs any opportunities to stack the penalty count. It happened against Finland and looked like it might on the way to happening in this game for a while. 

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Team USA played better than I thought they would.  There's that at least...... <_<

This tourney is always a crap shoot..its who has the best players available while the playoffs are on..I dont find  it a true bell weather of hockey supremecy.

17 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

true but I dont put Horvat in the company of those other players..Larkin will eclipse this year next season...he was a rookie.

Horvat also had to play tougher minutes Larking may end up getting more points but I would say Bo is more valuable. Bo also plays a heavier game and is a 200 foot player, oh did i mention he is captain material????

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

This tourney is always a crap shoot..its who has the best players available while the playoffs are on..I dont find  it a true bell weather of hockey supremecy.

That and most players aren't exactly jacked up to play in it.  Eichel said right away that he had no interest in participating.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Horvat also had to play tougher minutes Larking may end up getting more points but I would say Bo is more valuable. Bo also plays a heavier game and is a 200 foot player, oh did i mention he is captain material????

That's the Hodgson kiss of death right there....  Thanks for that. :P

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Not at all. Still, its decent hockey and usually something nice to have on in the background during your Saturday/Sunday morning. 

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

You just did..but I know how he plays.

Larkin wasnt who I was originally referring to..it was the elite foundational players..like McDavid. Eichel, Mathews and Laine...its one of those I would love on the Canucks..Ghost mentioned Larkin...

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

I don't know.  Yes Larkin can't play in his own end, and he's soft as a marshmellow, but he looked really super fast out there today.  Didn't Daigle score 20+ his rookie season.  Hummmm...super fast, high skill in the O zone, invisible without the puck, 20 goal rookie season.  But he did look really fast today.  

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

You just did..but I know how he plays.

Larkin wasnt who I was originally referring to..it was the elite foundational players..like McDavid. Eichel, Mathews and Laine...its one of those I would love on the Canucks..Ghost mentioned Larkin...

You can't have him!! :angry:

Archived