Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

for old farts like me...I remember it well.:picard:

I was born 4 years later but it was still an occasional topic of conversation for years in Buffalo.

 

The NHL trolled the Canucks even before their very first season began! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would it make up for that loss (that looked like a win there for a moment) to get Talon back here to oversee what JB is doing?  

I would go for that..Talon was a bit of a joke when he was in Chicago..but since being in Florida he has turned the team into a possible contender,,great drafts and trades..he is pretty astute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm just wondering if Florida's new move towards using Analytics in its hockey operations will work in the NHL.  Playing "Moneyball" in hockey, especially with a 103 pt. team, is asking for trouble.

They have a good young core, with Lou as their old vet goalie, keeping everyone relaxed.  Maybe going analytics ( like Arizona) with the GM is just openly doing what a lot of other teams are already doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

They have a good young core, with Lou as their old vet goalie, keeping everyone relaxed.  Maybe going analytics ( like Arizona) with the GM is just openly doing what a lot of other teams are already doing?

I just think that there are way too many variables when it comes to hockey, especially forwards.  I can only really see that approach working well when it comes to choosing goalies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I just think that there are way too many variables when it comes to hockey, especially forwards.  I can only really see that approach working well when it comes to choosing goalies.

I guess we shall see over time.  Now, can our guys win tomorrow?  I really felt our team had no chance of getting past the quarters, and now they're in the Gold medal game.  In this case, I'm happy to be proved the moron.  Maybe analytics would have shown me the errors of my prediction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

I guess we shall see over time.  Now, can our guys win tomorrow?  I really felt our team had no chance of getting past the quarters, and now they're in the Gold medal game.  In this case, I'm happy to be proved the moron.  Maybe analytics would have shown me the errors of my prediction?

I'll be cheering for Canada against the Finns of course, but I'm American.  Team Canada needs to play better than they did against Team USA in order to beat them for the gold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...