The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

didn't see them winning, hats off to the team and coaching staff.  good on Talbot bouncing back. 

Edmonton's going to be the next great dynasty... again dammit

They're just  a couple of defencemen away  from getting their crap together

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

this is the equivalent of a guy from tuktoyuktuk smack talikin on an american baseball site.

Bite me.  I've been watching hockey since 1980 and can hold my own with most people while discussing the game.  I also played organized hockey in my youth.  I live in a border city (Buffalo) that has been jokingly described as Canada's 8th hockey club because of how much we love and are passionate about our hockey and our NHL team. I can actually walk to Canada from Buffalo.

I was still pumped about the gold medal Canada won and made an honest goof-up.

Know what you are talking before you do some serious trash talk on someone.  Also know your place.

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Bite me.  I've been watching hockey since 1980 and can hold my own with most people while discussing the game.  I also played organized hockey in my youth.  I live in a border city (Buffalo) that has been jokingly described as Canada's 8th hockey club because of how much we love and are passionate about our hockey and our NHL team. I can actually walk to Canada from Buffalo.

I was still pumped about the gold medal Canada won and made an honest goof-up.

Know what you are talking before you do some serious trash talk on someone.  Also know your place.

even if you were right what were you expecting ? a positive feedback from your "fear the real us team comment?  you weren't exactly holding your own there mate!

8 minutes ago, chon derry said:

even if you were right what were you expecting ? a positive feedback from your "fear the real us team comment?  

you weren't exactly holding your own there mate!

I trash talked during the Winter Olympics.  CDC loved talking trash with me for both the men and women's gold medal games.  I do it for fun and most play along with me except for massive d-bags. That should be obvious since I've put muahaha in one or two of my posts.

Holding my own on a joke comment that I've made before on CDC and will again during the next hockey tournament?  There's no holding your own in that "mate".

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I trash talked during the Winter Olympics.  CDC loved talking trash with me for both the men and women's gold medal games.  I do it for fun and most play along with me except for massive d-bags. That should be obvious since I've put muahaha in one or two of my posts.

Holding my own on a joke comment that I've made before on CDC and will again during the next hockey tournament?  There's no holding your own in that "mate".

lets say USA won the gold medal today ,and i was talking about ' the real team canada " on say sabre's.com , making mistakes about my trash talk, if your any kind of example of buffalo hockey fans i think i'd get torched a whole lot worse than any thing you got from me or anyone else. beside's whats team USA got to do with anything on a day that TEAM CANADA WINS THE GOLD MEDAL?

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

lets say USA won the gold medal today ,and i was talking about ' the real team canada " on say sabre's.com , making mistakes about my trash talk, if your any kind of example of buffalo hockey fans i think i'd get torched a whole lot worse than any thing you got from me or anyone else. beside's whats team USA got to do with anything on a day that TEAM CANADA WINS THE GOLD MEDAL?

Very few on Sabres.com would care.  By "real team USA", I was talking about how a handful of top USA players refused to play in the tourney.

Team USA had nothing to do with the game.  It was a continuation of the occasional good natured trash talk I do on CDC before, during, and after the games and tournaments are played.

I also tease the country of Canada on occasion.  Most people either ignore it or also play along with me. 

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Very few on Sabres.com would care.  By "real team USA", I was talking about how a handful of top USA players refused to play in the tourney.

Team USA had nothing to do with the game.  It was a continuation of the occasional good natured trash talk I do on CDC before, during, and after the games and tournaments are played.

I also tease the country of Canada on occasion.  Most people either ignore it or also play along with me. 

i think i'll chose NOT to go on sabre's.com on the outside chance that you might be wrong again,and let the "real teams" settle it out like what happened today , watched every international tournament since 72 ,and the record being what it is, i think i'll leave it at that. but your user name and comments do invite a certain amount of criticism. 

12 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i think i'll chose NOT to go on sabre's.com on the outside chance that you might be wrong again,and let the "real teams" settle it out like what happened today , watched every international tournament since 72 ,and the record being what it is, i think i'll leave it at that. but your user name and comments do invite a certain amount of criticism. 

Why are you continuing to argue and be a d-bag about this.  Nobody else outside of you on CDC even cares.  You're 57 years old, act like it.

29 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Why are you continuing to argue and be a d-bag about this.  Nobody else outside of you on CDC even cares.  You're 57 years old, act like it.

i responded to a lame troll attempt only to be called a d-bag twice . engaging an intelligent poster is hard engaging someone like you is impossible, like you said "most people ignore" i think i'll do that.

32 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i responded to a lame troll attempt only to be called a d-bag twice . engaging an intelligent poster is hard engaging someone like you is impossible, like you said "most people ignore" i think i'll do that.

Learn what trolling means.  I wasn't trolling CDC.  Act your age.

At 19 years old, Connor McDavid is the youngest player to ever win an U18 World Championship, a World Junior Championship, and a World Championship.

The other three players to accomplish this were Denis Grebeshkov (24), Fyodor Tyutin (24) and Alexander Perezhogin (25).

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At 19 years old, Connor McDavid is the youngest player to ever win an U18 World Championship, a World Junior Championship, and a World Championship.

The other three players to accomplish this were Denis Grebeshkov (24), Fyodor Tyutin (24) and Alexander Perezhogin (25).

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Corey Perry has become the second player in history to win the IIHF World Junior Championships, the Memorial Cup, the IIHF World Championships, a Stanley Cup and an Olympic Gold Medal.

The first was Scott Niedermayer. Niedermayer also has a World Cup.

The Connor McDavid one they said during the broadcast. 

Did Corey Perry win anything in the U18?  He must love looking at his awards case at home.

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Connor McDavid one they said during the broadcast. 

Did Corey Perry win anything in the U18?  He must love looking at his awards case at home.

Perry is also one of the most decorated junior players of all time. He won everything worth winning in his London Knights career and also had his number retired as the all time leading scorer there. 

His resume top to bottom is one of the most impressive I have seen. First ballot HOFer and the Ducks will likely retire his number as well. 

Archived