The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

1 hour ago, Blueberries said:

4 minutes for Hutton? WTF Peters doesn't know how to coach. Giving his 3rd best defenseman 4 minutes SMH.

I was surprised this Matheson kid played more than Hutton! He played well but still, play the current NHLer not the AHLer

1 hour ago, Blueberries said:

4 minutes for Hutton? WTF Peters doesn't know how to coach. Giving his 3rd best defenseman 4 minutes SMH.

That seems about right. Only saw him in the first 10 mins of the game

9 hours ago, Blueberries said:

3rd best?

Every time a Canuck is in an international tournament, homers act like the tournament is all about them. Reminds me of when people had to put down Strome and Marner to make Virtanen's performance at the WJC seem more acceptable. 

It's mind boggling, the skill these guys have on display with the big ice. So amazing to watch. You really get to see the individual talent.  I wish the NHL could somehow reconfigure their rinks. Of course there's many excuses why that would never happen. Bottom line....money. 

2 hours ago, Time Lord said:

3rd best?

Every time a Canuck is in an international tournament, homers act like the tournament is all about them. Reminds me of when people had to put down Strome and Marner to make Virtanen's performance at the WJC seem more acceptable. 

tumblr_m4mkh7w3gR1r7q0u5o1_500.gif

On May 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Time Lord said:

3rd best?

Canada's loss was on strome as much as it was on JV

26 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Anyone watch the game?

Hutton played 11 mins, Tanev 14

Tanev was named player of the game for Team Canada. Made a nice cross crease pass on the Brassard goal.

Surprisingly, the score was pretty close after the first period (2-1), then within 4 minutes into the second, the flood gates opened.

5 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Tanev was named player of the game for Team Canada. Made a nice cross crease pass on the Brassard goal.

Surprisingly, the score was pretty close after the first period (2-1), then within 4 minutes into the second, the flood gates opened.

Seen Hutt nabbed himself a an assist too.

Archived