Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread


Recommended Posts

"You can see the young guys leaning on him," said coach Bill Peters of 26-year-old Tanev, who's the veteran presence on a relatively inexperienced Canadian blue line. "I think he's been a stabilizing force for us and someone that we might be able to use in even more situations than we have up to this point in the tournament."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

"You can see the young guys leaning on him," said coach Bill Peters of 26-year-old Tanev, who's the veteran presence on a relatively inexperienced Canadian blue line. "I think he's been a stabilizing force for us and someone that we might be able to use in even more situations than we have up to this point in the tournament."

It's really nice to see Tanev get that type of compliment.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hutton hasn't been overly impressive as he seems to lose position a bit. Bigger ice. Team Canada has to gell quickly as they are subject to a fast forecheck.

 

The player that really makes me cringe is Dumba. High risk/reward type who is making a lot of mistakes. He is getting ice IMO because Peters is desperate for offense off the blue line. Really like Murray!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Istvan Bartalis became the first Hungarian player to score against Team Canada since Laszlo Rona on February 18th, 1938.

We have a VERY weak team at world's this year.  I'd be shocked if we get past the quarters.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have a VERY weak team at world's this year.  I'd be shocked if we get past the quarters.  

The level of competition is low this year, just look at some of the goaltenders for each team.

 

Canada will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DeNiro said:

The level of competition is low this year, just look at some of the goaltenders for each team.

 

Canada will be fine.

I hope you are right.  It would be awesome to win two years in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Kyle Connor has really hurt USA tonight. Larkin and Matthews are by far the best players on Team USA.

 

Aho having great game as well. Such a mature player for someone in just his draft + 1 season. 

 

Laine and Barkov have been relatively quiet but had a monster shift at the end of the second period. Hoping to see that continue in the 3rd.

 

So far Matthews has gotten the better of the matchup thus far. Finland hasn't had a lot of PP chances though for Laine to unwind that shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Toews said:

No Kyle Connor has really hurt USA tonight. Larkin and Matthews are by far the best players on Team USA.

 

Aho having great game as well. Such a mature player for someone in just his draft + 1 season. 

 

Laine and Barkov have been relatively quiet but had a monster shift at the end of the second period. Hoping to see that continue in the 3rd.

 

So far Matthews has gotten the better of the matchup thus far. Finland hasn't had a lot of PP chances though for Laine to unwind that shot.

No Laine for the last 10 minutes.  He's obviously got some work to do on the D side of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...