The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG: The Sim

Kazmanian Devil

47 minutes ago, canucklax said:

how so?

you trade Veleno- 9.0 B former first overall pick. Future first line giant center

1st round pick this year, possibly a 8.0D prospect

Stasny- cost controlled 3rd/4th line center

for Larkin who I guarantee because your team sucks will put no more than 50 points

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

you trade Veleno- 9.0 B former first overall pick. Future first line giant center

1st round pick this year, possibly a 8.0D prospect

Stasny- cost controlled 3rd/4th line center

for Larkin who I guarantee because your team sucks will put no more than 50 points

I know Veleno has the potential, but it wasn't showing here, and he was my best trade chip to improve my team. I want a fast and skilled team (a la Chicago which just won the cup) over a "big" one. goals win games and Larkin had 34 goals last year

Not worried about losing the 1st, I have the 5th overall pick as well as 24th overall, 4 2nd rounders and got scouting reports, in addition to all the prospects I already have. 

I know my offense sucked this year, thats why I had to make a trade to try to improve it. Keeping the forwards I had last year wasn't going to cut it. Its not often that a top 15 scorer in the league is available at age 23. He perfectly fits my needs now and in the future.

5 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I know Veleno has the potential, but it wasn't showing here, and he was my best trade chip to improve my team. I want a fast and skilled team (a la Chicago which just won the cup) over a "big" one. goals win games and Larkin had 34 goals last year

Not worried about losing the 1st, I have the 5th overall pick as well as 24th overall, 4 2nd rounders and got scouting reports, in addition to all the prospects I already have. 

I know my offense sucked this year, thats why I had to make a trade to try to improve it. Keeping the forwards I had last year wasn't going to cut it. Its not often that a top 15 scorer in the league is available at age 23. He perfectly fits my needs now and in the future.

By the time you're ready to contend for a cup Larkin will be 27-28 and you will trade him for a draft pick and the rebuild cycles will continue? 

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

By the time you're ready to contend for a cup Larkin will be 27-28 and you will trade him for a draft pick and the rebuild cycles will continue? 

I've only had 1 season to fix the mess that I inherited, and intended for the team to be dismantled this year. That's quite a lot of speculation about me putting the team in a "cycle" after having control for such short of a period of time. I appreciate your concern

Rangers going to get some house keeping started here:

Adam Lowry, Kristers Gudlevskis, Jonathan Ericsson, Joel Edmundson and Mario Lucia will not be receiving new coontracts from the Rangers and will be released to Free Agency

We also send down Tyler Soy and Marek Hecl to the minors

Pre Draft and FA

Kreider - Monahan - Kane                                   Antipin - Severson

Gusev - Zetterlund - Sherbatov                           Myers - Vatanen

xxx - Eakin - xxx                                                  Sekera - Johnson

Poirier - xxx - xxx                                                

Vasilevskiy

Binnington

The bot 6 will hopefully be getting a complete overhaul. the D is pretty set, but may look at a cheaper option in the bottom pair. The gaoltending wont change unless we can obtain a better back up! 

Want to take offers on the following:

Nikita Gusev - Want a similar type player, Top 6, but RW instead of LW

Jack Johnson - Gets the Defensive job done, could be a top 4 in someone elses depth chart, would want similar, cheaper D back

Andrej Sekera - same as johnson, defensive D, shown some offense in the past, want a cheaper, similar option back

3 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I've only had 1 season to fix the mess that I inherited, and intended for the team to be dismantled this year. That's quite a lot of speculation about me putting the team in a "cycle" after having control for such short of a period of time. I appreciate your concern

I understand. Just don't understand why you trade a 19 year old blue chip prospect for a 24 year old player that is in his prime ALREADY when you are not ready to contend now.

2 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

I understand. Just don't understand why you trade a 19 year old blue chip prospect for a 24 year old player that is in his prime ALREADY when you are not ready to contend now.

Honestly, I wasn't sold on Veleno fitting in to my long term plans and wanted a player that better fit the philosophy I have. It's not like Larkin is old, he's just now turning 24. I already have enough assets in picks and prospects to have the rebuild I need, but can also try to improve the team for now and in the long term. Same reason I acquired Forsberg earlier in the year. Those two should be a dynamic duo for the next 10 years in the league.

Pre FA Winnipeg Jets

Puljujarvi - Roslovic - Ehlers

Perlini - Barbashev - Voracek

Lemieux - Sommer - Rodin

Dano - Brown - Konecny

Tilander - Zaitsev

Lindell - Subban

Ekholm- Enstrom

XXX

Hellebuyck

Looking to move for a #1 goalie and improved bottom 6. #8 overall is available. 

Montreal tops off the season with a visit to the conference finals for the second time in 3.0, and the third time in the 9 seasons I've been here. It seems as though the rebuild is complete with many young players stepping up into big roles.

Our roster will remain mostly the same, but I will be looking to aquire a top-4 defensive defenseman to replace Alex Goligoski who will not be joining us next season. Matt Beleskey will also not be resigned.

Montreal recalls Lennart Markun, Adrian Kempe, and Igor Merezkho.

Our line up looks like this heading into the off season;

Pacioretty - Shipachyov - Granstad

Jenner - Andersson - Nyquist

Hall - Markun - Fast

Athanasiou - Kesler - Kempe

Versteeg

McDonagh - Josi

??? - Green

Berglind - Nygren

Merezkho

Lehner

Neuvirth

Montreal Trade Block:

Kris Versteeg - Bottom-6 Forward

Magnus Nygren - Bottom Pair DFD (Played 1st unit PK)

2 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Aka no one can PM you. Been like this for a while too, people have mentioned it before as well lol.

...don't know if it's a settings things or if your inbox is full or whatever but you should fix it :ph34r:

I always delete a few PMs when people mention it and then it fills up again lol

Shout out to guys like Spoderman and inane who use the same PM for every trade negotiation

1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

I always delete a few PMs when people mention it and then it fills up again lol

Shout out to guys like Spoderman and inane who use the same PM for every trade negotiation

How many PMs do you possibly have lel

...just delete the first 1000 and you should be set :lol: 

Archived