The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Troy Stecher

I grew up with his dad and uncle in Steveston so this has an extra nice ring to it. I hope he does well.

I look forward to getting a chance to meet him in Penticton for the Youngsters tourney this year.

Now, for those that were saying this would look poorly upon JB and the Canucks for not signing him.... does it reflect well now?

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Does anybody know if he is joining Utica yet? Heard on the radio he is not doing any media interviews until tomorrow.

Not sure, I believe somewhere someone said that Global reported he was going to join them during their playoff run.

18 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

This isn't even the biggest prize. Big one coming in 2 weeks at draft lottery.

By biggest surprise do you mean 6th in the lottery? #hockeygodshatecanucks

Having seen him play several times this year, I could see him having a strong camp and making the team.

His best interests would be to see a year in Utica first, play with the likes of McCann, Virtanen, Gaunce, Subban and (hopefully) Demko.

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least he'll be an upgrade over Weber.

I said this in the looking at Stecher thread. Right handed point shot d-man that's responsible and can defend.

He's only a shade smaller than Weber to boot. Wonder if we trade Subban for a 4th rounder? 

8 minutes ago, ftmN said:

By biggest surprise do you mean 6th in the lottery? #hockeygodshatecanucks

The silver lining in this is that, despite their best efforts, the Leafs and Oilers would find themselves out of the top 3.

Archived