The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Troy Stecher

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Lol yes. I said this about half an hour ago, but DeNiro lost his bowels, so be careful.

Last I checked, we're still on Caggiula's final 4. 

No I said that Boeser is not going pro right now.

Nothing to do with Caggiula. Thanks for including me in your post though.

2 hours ago, theminister said:

Now, for those that were saying this would look poorly upon JB and the Canucks for not signing him.... does it reflect well now?

woah, woah, you make it sound as if doing the opposite of the thing you're getting ridiculed for would also garner an opposite response.

this isn't the logic forum.

i think it was in the brock boeser talk, there was a dude in there this morning who is a UND fan and just a casual cdc'er i think; anyway he was saying this morning that Stetcher was down to Edmonton and Vancouver and it would be signed and announced as early as today.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Stecher will need a year or two in the AHL, and Larson will be waiver eligible so he'll make the team based on that alone. I guess if Larson really stinks in camp then they could waive him, but I think he'll provide a reasonable option for us.

Larsen also has 5 years of pro experience.  Nothing wrong with Stecher starting in Utica to get up to pro speed, especially being a bit smaller.  But as I suspected, this could give Subban's spot in the pecking order a shift (don't tell Desi).

Archived