The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Gstank29

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

To the people saying he fell into Benning's lap.

The ground work was done two years ago.

To give credit where it is due, he did first mention that the Canucks have been in contact with him since the start this year - and only as a side-note does he say the team (previous management) showed interest two years ago when he attended the 2014 development camp.

4 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

To give credit where it is due, he did first mention that the Canucks have been in contact with him since the start this year - and only as a side-note does he say the team (previous management) showed interest two years ago when he attended the 2014 development camp.

The 2014 development camp which Stecher took part in was when Benning was in charge and was a Benning invite. So no, no ther management can take credit for this signing.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The 2014 development camp which Stecher took part in was when Benning was in charge and was a Benning invite. So no, no ther management can take credit for this signing.

Oh right! We were on the same page. I was trying to give Benning credit as well.

Edited by NHL'er

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 28m28 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher on not drafted: I use that as fuel to become a better player, and I pride myself on not taking 'no' for an answer.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 30m30 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher on not being drafted: Oh yea, it killed. I hate to lose and I love to win, and I looked at the draft as a losing sequence in my life.

Hutton - 5th round

Tavev - undrafted

Tryamkin - 3rd round

Stecher - undrafted

Could this possibly be our top 4 in 2 years?  If so that would almost be unprecedented to have 2 undrafted players and a 5th rounder in your top 4...

5 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Everyone seems to have suddenly forgotten how built this guy is. 190 pounds at 5'10 is pretty damn big.

I remember years ago a 20 year old kid came into his first Canucks training camp at pretty much that exact same size and weight. I was really impressed to hear that in the strength tests he bench pressed 400 lbs. 13 REPS! It's definitely possible for someone that size to be very strong and be very effective at the NHL level. He never really got much bigger, but that 190 lb. kid was the most exciting player to ever wear a Canucks uniform. I think he wore number 10.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I remember years ago a 20 year old kid came into his first Canucks training camp at pretty much that exact same size and weight. I was really impressed to hear that in the strength tests he bench pressed 400 lbs. 13 REPS! It's definitely possible for someone that size to be very strong and be very effective at the NHL level. He never really got much bigger, but that 190 lb. kid was the most exciting player to ever wear a Canucks uniform. I think he wore number 10.

I think you mean 200 pounds...

bench press doesn't mean anything anyways. There are better ways to test strength.

But yes look at Crosby 5'11 195 lbs. pretty much same as me but I may be 1/2" taller and he's most likely stronger than I am. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

And keep your friggin head up, because if you get hit by one of the big boys it's STRETCHER TIME.  :lol:

The same thing goes for Duncan Keith yet he rarely gets drilled with a big hit.

Wanna know why? Skating ability.

Smaller guys that make it to the next level learn how to not get hit. You really think Patrick Kane would still be playing hockey if he didn't have that ability?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, cabinessence said:

Absosmurfly not! Keep building your team of wee men.

Why waste so much time on here arguing silly things?

Last time I checked Stecher was a prospect... Maybe, just maybe stechers play translates well to the NHL game.

If this ends up being the case prospector JB struck gold.

Anywho, instead of arguing foolish things try being a constructive contributor; that way I don't have to waste my time hitting the ignore button.