The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau Explains Quantum Computing to a Reporter

jdatb

I've seen people ragging on the reporter for being "condescending" in his lead up to the ISIL question. Before the clip starts, Trudeau actually said something along the lines of "I hope someone asks me about Quantum Computing" so it wouldn't be entirely wrong to suspect that maybe it was a prepared answer. At the same time, Trudeau did study engineering at one point and it's also possible that he does have a base knowledge in how computers work and understands what wave-particle duality is. 

As a scientist, I absolutely can appreciate that Trudeau (and the current Federal government) have shown more interest in science and research. Whether this was a prepared answer/staged question doesn't discount the fact that he took the effort to learn about it (or at least appear to care...he's a politician after all).  However, I think we also have to be careful not to continue treating Trudeau like a celebrity (not referring only to this incident but a general trend)- because at the end of the day he is our Prime Minister and his actions and policies should be scrutinized just like any other Prime Minister's. 

Edit: BTW, I haven't actually seen what Trudeau's response to the reporter's actual question is. Should that not be what is more important here in the grand scheme of things?

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

do you think he got the job because of hard work or being given the keys to the job because of all his daddies cronies and influence im sure its the latter 

Well, that's not why I voted for him.

Trudeau put his intelligence on display when he revealed his reasoning to establish a gender quota in his cabinet rather than a true meritocracy.

'Because it is 2015' ... and that is supposed to be a logical response.

Idiots who want to carve up the individual liberties of people based on gender and ethnicity love Trudeau because his politics are all about what you are, not who you are.

Homeless and white? Too bad, get a job you bum.

Homeless and from the Middle East? Here's the key to your hotel room, courtesy of the ' Diversity is our Strength' initiative.

Canada is facing serious economic issues and he is parading around on his pro-feminism tour, the guy is a regressive's wet dream. Quantum computing lesson? Cool beans, JT. We already knew you were a teacher, maybe you could start doing your actual job?

He epitomizes that movement. Rich, entitled,  but despite being clueless about real issues facing ordinary Canadians he thinks he can solve them with some buzzwords and empty rhetoric.

He knows deep inside that his accession to the throne is a result of a deep distrust of the preceding government, not a ringing endorsement of his.

Most of Justin's "appeal" is tied to the fact that his party represents the Laurentian elites, by far the most powerful interests in the country.

If he had ran with one of the other parties,  he'd be getting skewered left and right by the controlled media.

38 minutes ago, NewJerseyFan said:

when's the next reelection? this guy is the biggest cuck in the history of mankind

6 months in....should he have completely undone the 8 years of mismanagement from the previous government in that amount of time, or what? Honestly, some people have no smarts at all.

And 'reelection'? You're planning on having him elected again already even though he's "the biggest cuck in the history of mankind"?

(And if the quoted post is an attempt at sarcasm then a little practice would be in order.)

15 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

6 months in....should he have completely undone the 8 years of mismanagement from the previous government in that amount of time, or what? Honestly, some people have no smarts at all.

And 'reelection'? You're planning on having him elected again already even though he's "the biggest cuck in the history of mankind"?

(And if the quoted post is an attempt at sarcasm then a little practice would be in order.)

absolutely. I mean, he's a hunk and a half. nice guy to look at. 

3 minutes ago, NewJerseyFan said:

absolutely. I mean, he's a hunk and a half. nice guy to look at. 

For sure! Ever take a look at Justin's hands?  They are so manly and huge! You know what they say about a man with large hands...

Archived