The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Van-Fla

I just poted this in the Demko thread and figured i would throw it he to see what you armchair gm guys think

TO FLA

Markstrom

TO VAN

no more ties to Luongo contract

Luongo will soon be retiring and the Panthers are a young up and coming team so why wouldn't they want their old goalie in Markstrom? He has come a long way since being traded from there and could really help them out.

Maybe Demko is is worried Markstrom could be our future and not him, so to me moving Markstrom would help make Demkos choice easier. Of course I would make sure Demko is a done deal before we traded markstrom.

Can a trade like this be done? Or did I just waste my time? Lol

16 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

I just poted this in the Demko thread and figured i would throw it he to see what you armchair gm guys think

TO FLA

Markstrom

TO VAN

no more ties to Luongo contract

Luongo will soon be retiring and the Panthers are a young up and coming team so why wouldn't they want their old goalie in Markstrom? He has come a long way since being traded from there and could really help them out.

Maybe Demko is is worried Markstrom could be our future and not him, so to me moving Markstrom would help make Demkos choice easier. Of course I would make sure Demko is a done deal before we traded markstrom.

The NHL has some very strange trades that are clearly only to do with financial issues.  The Leafs trading Clarkson for a contact of a player who will never play (Horton).  I don't know which team is paying Pronger, but he is still on a team's payroll, while working for the league too.  It's a strange trade, but who knows with the way this league does underhanded business it might just happen.  we all know there is no way Datsyuik's cap will stay with Detroit.  That contract will get traded to a ream needing to reach the cap floor.  Seven mil on their cap, but no money actually going out.  

1 hour ago, Spotted Zebra said:

And if we trade Markstrom and Demko still doesn't sign? We go with Canata and Levesque?

If it gets to the point where the Canucks have to pay a significant amount, they'll challenge the league on it. They'll probably win too.

Read the whole thing before commenting. Thanks!

I hope we can win a challenge if it were to happen. However the league does seem to hate us lol

2 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

And if we trade Markstrom and Demko still doesn't sign? We go with Canata and Levesque?

If it gets to the point where the Canucks have to pay a significant amount, they'll challenge the league on it. They'll probably win too.

I think Sabourin and LaBarbera is the duo of the future.

3 hours ago, McHortanen said:

Well, that really. It can't be done to trade the retained cap and salary (which wouldn't be enough return anyway), and we certainly can't absolve ourselves of the cap recapture rule if that's also what you were thinking. Florida wouldn't trade back for Markstrom either I think.

2 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

If we even re-sign Cannata :P,  he's a FA. 

Bachman/Levesque!

Archived