The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion)Trevor Linden bringing some luck of PQ to the draft lottery!

jono2009

I really hope we win it, or the leafs win in. At the end of the day I really just hope it's not EDM or ARZ.

My gut says ARZ since thats where this Matthews guy is from. Whens the last time (if any) the definite #1 overall grew up in and cheered for the Coyotes?

26 minutes ago, Inge34 said:

I'm with you. I think the Finns are a tougher more feisty breed of hockey player than the Americans, anyways. I am hoping for Laine even with the #1. 6'4" 210lbs, great skater, wicked shot, play making abilities, cocky, scouts are reminded of Selanne!!!! Did I mention 6'4" and still growing. Shut the front door!!!!! I think we get a later pick and take Dubois but I'm toes and fingers crossed that we get Laine.

I get that everybody wants to hop on the Laine train, but I think you need to rewatch the Matthews highlight package.

Laine lines up for the onetimer and rips. He is insanely skilled at getting a quality shot off even the iffiest pass.

Matthews walks in, uses the D man as a screen and snipes. He doesn't wait for his setup guy, he makes the play for himself. If you're relying on ONE GUY to take over this team, Matthews is the only guy poised to do that. He is a one man army. Laine is basically a puck machine. We already have Boeser for that.

i am betting on 5th or 6th place. At least i won't get my hopes up to high, then the walls come crumbling down!.   If the canucks are doing this extra stuff out of excitement that tells me trade is for sure an option if there not happy!

8 minutes ago, By sea and land said:

I think Linden bringing Big Pat's hockey card is cool.

Tonight is a big night in the NFL.  I have a feeling if the Detroit Lions have a good night, so too will our Canucks on Saturday.  Franchises in search of a monumental win.

Being a Rams fan since the 1970's and a Canucks fan since the 1970's this week will be a great one for me. With the Rams already having the #1 pick and about to draft a franchise quarterback nothing would make me happier than the Canucks landing the #1 overall pick as well and landing a franchise centre.  This week could shape the future of both my teams...

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

As if having Desi and Alf wasn't already enough..... 

As if having sarcastic CDCers constantly wasn't enough. Myself and others have started to doubt Matthews, I said he could easily be Stefan and another CDCer

messaged me saying the same thing.

Another person said he's scoring a lot in Europe like 12th overall Canucks bust pick 

Josh Holden did.

Laine is bigger, has a far better shot, nearly as good hands, and the same offensive hunger.  

Remember the 1999 Draft? 

A hyped center in Stefan decided to play in the then IHL to get experience against men,

the next two picks, back to back similar Swedish wingers who turned out to be the real No.1s. Stefan was a huge bust.

2016 draft

A hyped center in Matthews decides to play 

in the NLA to get experience against men,

the next two picks, back to back similar Finnish wingers. Sound familiar???

5 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

Love it! The only problem I see is that we'll end up with the 2nd pick, since that's where Quinn took Linden! Oh well Laine is not a bad consolation prize to Matthews, and may very well end up being the better player.

I'd pick Laine at #1 or #2...he is going to be a beast

Hopefully they get a top 3 pick

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

As if having Desi and Alf wasn't already enough..... 

Yeah, until the one you quoted showed up, I was thinking wow, a thread where the trolls can't find anything to rant about. I guess some of them are more determined than the others.

Archived