The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. couple sues Snapchat after crashing car; severe injuries involved

Dazzle

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Indeed so, a country which has made outrageous cutbacks to education while tripling the "defence" budget into the trillions. You get what you pay for. 

I guess you're more interested in a outlandish post than actual facts? The USA has the most top ranked universities in the world compared to any other country. That is a fact. But, don't let that fact get in the way of your "outrageous cutback" comments though. And lets not forget another fact that everyone has the right to an education here in the USA, including illegals. They even get to pay "in-state resident" fees just the same as any local Californian does. So your remarks about the US education system are more about your lack of knowledge of the USA education system than fact.

And back to the story:

What this girl did was stupid (driving 107mph and using a snapchat app that encouraged speeding for records sake) and she as well as the program that encouraged her record breaking should pay for the brain injuries sustained by the innocent party. I'm sure if any CDC'er had themselves or a family member injured like those poor folks were, they would be trying to obtain compensation for those injuries too.

1 hour ago, SNACanuck said:

I guess you're more interested in a outlandish post than actual facts? The USA has the most top ranked universities in the world compared to any other country. That is a fact. But, don't let that fact get in the way of your "outrageous cutback" comments though. And lets not forget another fact that everyone has the right to an education here in the USA, including illegals. They even get to pay "in-state resident" fees just the same as any local Californian does. So your remarks about the US education system are more about your lack of knowledge of the USA education system than fact.

And back to the story:

What this girl did was stupid (driving 107mph and using a snapchat app that encouraged speeding for records sake) and she as well as the program that encouraged her record breaking should pay for the brain injuries sustained by the innocent party. I'm sure if any CDC'er had themselves or a family member injured like those poor folks were, they would be trying to obtain compensation for those injuries too.

That really makes sense, the girl is 18, a product of the public school system...so you come back with stats ranking Universities? Gee I wonder where those nice stats come from. The US lags behind other countries when it comes to producing scientists, mathematicians and engineers...show me some stats on public, government paid for education. The way its going is privatization....... 

19 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

That really makes sense, the girl is 18, a product of the public school system...so you come back with stats ranking Universities? Gee I wonder where those nice stats come from. The US lags behind other countries when it comes to producing scientists, mathematicians and engineers...show me some stats on public, government paid for education. The way its going is privatization....... 

2015 US Federal Budget. Military spending: $598.5 Billion Dollars. Education: $70 Billion Dollars. But add in state and local level spending and the numbers change dramatically. US Gov of all levels spending on Military in 2015: $799 Billion Dollars total. Education: $996.5 Billion (this includes $319.4 Billion spending on tertiary education)

Currently nation wide US public schools have their highest graduation rates of all time at 82% but are a bit short of their 2020 goal of 90% graduation rates. Still, its the kids in poorer communities that face an uphill battle to graduate.

Archived