The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

logan brown!

linden17

Tanev + 5th to peg for 2nd.

Throw in some other asset as a sweetener if needed. If we take Logan brown and he doesn't perform well right away I'll be boycottin the team for the first half of the year lol.

We've suffered enough don't need an oversized pylon running around.maybe Im 2 critical but I hate drafting for size.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Throw in some other asset as a sweetener if needed. If we take Logan brown and he doesn't perform well right away I'll be boycottin the team for the first half of the year lol.

We've suffered enough don't need an oversized pylon running around.maybe Im 2 critical but I hate drafting for size.

remember Janowski 6'4. okay now im scared we are screwed!

benning is like a kid at a candy store, he is obsessed with size!

8 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

We aren't taking brown. Button is out to lunch. I haven't heard benning even talk about brown.

I can picture Button doing this and then going home getting a cup of a coffee and reading this thread, while he giggles like a girl lol

troll is successful well played mr Button

well if he's not I know Botch is because he has used some of views in his articles before, I deserve my royalties mr BOtch lol

32 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Not enough. If u want 2nd overall, u will need to pay a kings ransom like 

5th OA, Horvat, Tanev and maybe 2nd round pick. Not sure if thats enough, but u know what i mean. 

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

brain washed brainwashed i say brainwashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

get over the freaking Boston series, big players don't mean striking gold. GET FREAKING SKILLED PLAYERS, im sick of getting these big players liek Virtanen who turn out to be future Raffi torres. 

How big is St louis, Chicago, Dallas, Pittisburgh, etc etc? Logan Brown is over-rated for the love of god why can't this management just draft skill or go with a safe pick and take the finish defencemen.

Uh. St Louis is pretty big..As are Anaheim and SJ. Also I didn't realize at 19 Virtanen has already reached his ceiling. I agree take bpa..But Vancouver has to deal with LA Ana and SJ. Some size is needed 

For the record Button also said the Canucks have nothing close to a first line centre in their organization after Hendrik.... Not saying that Horvat or McCann are guaranteed to become first line centres but the possibility is absolutely there. 

Button just likes pushing people's buttons. 

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

remember Janowski 6'4. okay now im scared we are screwed!

benning is like a kid at a candy store, he is obsessed with size!

Thank you Desi...

Benning takes zero drafting advice from Craig Button, but please continue your stream of consciousness for us, it is divine.

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Well when 17-18 yr olds dont perform well right away seems perfectly reasonable to boycott the team...

10 hours ago, wren223 said:

The amazing Button does his mock draft after the lottery and puts Vancouver as picking Brown fifth. This guy has no clue. He loves Brown, I've seen him mention him before and how he likes him. Yet Brown isn't even metinoed in the top 10 in any mock draft I've seen. So he puts Van taking him 5th overall going off the board to get him and giving up guys like Tkachuk to division rivals. Benning would be crazy to take him at 5th.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.481511

Well in all fairness when we drafted Virtanen he had him ranked 50 something but his mock had us taking him at 6.

and I'm not a button fan in just sayin

12 hours ago, wren223 said:

The amazing Button does his mock draft after the lottery and puts Vancouver as picking Brown fifth. This guy has no clue. He loves Brown, I've seen him mention him before and how he likes him. Yet Brown isn't even metinoed in the top 10 in any mock draft I've seen. So he puts Van taking him 5th overall going off the board to get him and giving up guys like Tkachuk to division rivals. Benning would be crazy to take him at 5th.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.481511

He doesn't necessarily love Brown; this is his mock, not his scouting list. Remember in 2014 he had Virtanen at 42 on his scouting list but had the Canucks taking him at 5, which they did. His scouting list and his mock are two totally different lists.

He's trolling the Vancouver pick.  Does this every year.  He couldn't really do it last year, since it was number 23.  This years top 6 is obvious as is gets, so in 2014, the consensus ranked number 6 player in Jake Virtannen he purposely puts him at 37.

this year the consensus number 5 pick, which is the left over of Tkathuck or Dubois, he purposly puts in a random guy at 5, jumps 27 on his own personal list, which he personally had him at 27, all of a sudden he goes up 22 spots in a span of 4 weeks.  no wonder he's not a longer a gm and just a T.V scout.

Now Logan brown is not random guy, his ranking is pretty much exactly were he is, mid to late teens.  Inconsistent all year, I think I recall in my top prospects game reports a long with others, he was literally invisisable.  He does have a great package, of speed size and skill, but no way he touches Tkatchuk or Dubois.  I rather take a have any of the top 4 dman over Brown.

Hmmm was thinking the whole Brown thing just air till came across this at NHL.com "

At 6-foot-6 and 222 pounds, Brown is anything but typical. The fact that he has a fluid skating stride to complement his deceptive speed makes him one of the more intriguing talents available for the 2016 NHL Draft."  Anyone else remember players/writers saying similar stuff about Lemieux? "Just look at how Lemieux stick handled around the North Stars or beat Ray Bourque one-on-one, it wasn't his speed that beat them, but Lemieux's deception(speed)."(debate on who was faster Wayne or Mario).

While he not the next Mario of course... seeing how many similar comments on how his speed is deceptive....if he can slow the game down to his speed or catch defensemen napping at lower speeds is a skill one should not over look.  At 5?... doubtful as he just got into top ten by ISS.  However: say Arizona wants Tkachuk badly.... say 5th and 63rd for 7th and 18th?

I could live with taking him at 7 then.

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

If he wasn't 6'6 I doubt he would even be mentioned in the top 20. 

Matthews, Auston C 9/17/1997 L 6.01.5 210 Zurich ZSC SuiA
2 Puljujarvi, Jesse RW 5/7/1998 R 6.03 203 Karpat FinE
3 Laine, Patrik LW 4/19/1998 R 6.04 209 Tappara FinE
4 Nylander, Alexander RW 3/2/1998 R 6.00.5 179 Mississauga OHL
5 Dubois, Pierre-Luc LW 6/24/1998 L 6.02.5 202 Cape Breton QMJHL
6 Tkachuk, Matthew LW 12/11/1997 L 6.01.25 195 London OHL
7 Chychrun, Jakob LD 3/31/1998 L 6.02 215 Sarnia OHL
8 Sergachev, Mikhail RD 6/25/1998 L 6.02.5 206 Windsor OHL
9 McLeod, Michael C 2/3/1998 R 6.02.25 188 Mississauga OHL
10 Juolevi, Olli LD 5/5/1998 L 6.02.5 179 London OHL
11 Brown, Logan C 3/5/1998 L 6.06 222 Windsor OHL

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said: