The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Y/N) Drafting A Dman @ 5, Trading for Yakupov

20 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Bad.

Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad 

Of course we would never trade Hutton. But what about a 2nd round pick ?

Yakupov had more goals in his 1st 48 games then Stamkos. He was Dallas Eakins whipping boy. Eakins was one of the worst coaches in pro sport. He is damaged in the same way that Bearstchi was damaged except by a factor of 10.

Yaks agent has a relationship with the canucks and Yaks v\favorite player was Bure

Get is done JB !

20 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

no way, do not give up the most developed/best player in a trade, that is an automatic loss. Yakupov is a bust, chychrun has high, high bust potential. Hutton on the other hand has 1D potential.

The trade I would do is to move our pick for a more developed player. I like Tkachuk and I think Dubois is ok but thoughts on:

To ANA

5th

Hansen

To VAN

ANA 1st

Shea Theadore

Julis Nattinen

Yak is not a bust.

Thats what everyone thought about Dubnyk , Schultz and Petry. How did that turn out ???

20 hours ago, stawns said:

is this a joke?  Yak scored 8 goals this season.  I wouldn't trade 4 th rounder for him

Thats because you have no idea

he was trying to get traded

Nobody would trade for Bearstchi either.

Yak is our only chance at a top pick.

I'd trade a 2nd. Buy low. Not high.

1 minute ago, LolClarkson said:

Thats because you have no idea

he was trying to get traded

Nobody would trade for Bearstchi either.

Yak is our only chance at a top pick.

I'd trade a 2nd. Buy low. Not high.

Haha, ok Carnack.

9 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Of course we would never trade Hutton. But what about a 2nd round pick ?

Yakupov had more goals in his 1st 48 games then Stamkos. He was Dallas Eakins whipping boy. Eakins was one of the worst coaches in pro sport. He is damaged in the same way that Bearstchi was damaged except by a factor of 10.

Yaks agent has a relationship with the canucks and Yaks v\favorite player was Bure

Get is done JB !

I'd totally be okay with this, but I think it would take more than a 2nd... but who knows?

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I'd totally be okay with this, but I think it would take more than a 2nd... but who knows?

Yeah I dunno. Im going to check the Oilers board to see what they expect.

From the Oilers

I'll probably get slaughtered as I'm assuming the expectations for a Yak return will be high, but I'll just chime in anyways.

Would you guys be open to Daniel Carr? Most Habs fans say that they wouldn't do it considering he was playing first line minutes in Gallagher's role when Gally got injured. Sadly for Carr, he got a 3month knee injury, but everyone seems really high on him. Essentially a 6 foot version of Gallagher.

Sad to see Yak go. He's kind of an enigma, some nights you see him and he looks lights out, then others and you wonder what the heck he's doing. I think theres a player there, but I can't help but think we'll be disappointed with the return. Sucks, to throw an entire season away for basically nothing.

Eakins killed him and the oilers then lost faith in him

4 games and then he is gone

my guess maybe a 2nd and B prospect

Here we go...

As for an offer, I was nearly crucified and sent some angry PMs last time I suggested our 2nd rounder (38th) for him, has that opinion changed yet? If not, what would it take from the habs? Please don't say Beaulieu, he's shaping up to be a #4 for us.

What about Yak for a big 3rd line centre?
Sheahan for Yak? Throw in a plus (i.e. 2nd round pick) from our side to close.

Hope he gets that fresh start that he needs. Classy guy.

Heard a Vataanen to Edmonton for Yakupov+ rumor from around that time. Sounds like Pouliot was the other part of the

Anyone saying Hutton has #1 D potential needs to quickly re-assess their talent evaluation. Hutton is a quality defenceman, but there is no way he develops into that team carrying stud defenceman. We are going to have done really well if he continues and works out as a solid #2/#3.

As far as the offer, unfortunately to make a deal like that you have to be trading away from a position of strength... and the canucks have no position of strength at the moment. We are shallow throughout the lineup. I'd try to put together a proposal that is feasible, but the Canucks really don't have the assets chiarelli would wan't unless Edler would waive... and even then I wouldn't trade Edler for Yakupov.

On 02/05/2016 at 10:41 AM, CDeM85 said:

Just wondering if people would be on board for a scenario like this.  A trade with EDM involving Hutton and Yakupov.  Canucks draft Chychrun and hope he can step into 2nd pairing minutes.

Good or bad?

Bad, it's McDavid or nobody  !!

20 hours ago, Misconduct16 said:

Anyone saying Hutton has #1 D potential needs to quickly re-assess their talent evaluation. Hutton is a quality defenceman, but there is no way he develops into that team carrying stud defenceman. We are going to have done really well if he continues and works out as a solid #2/#3.

As far as the offer, unfortunately to make a deal like that you have to be trading away from a position of strength... and the canucks have no position of strength at the moment. We are shallow throughout the lineup. I'd try to put together a proposal that is feasible, but the Canucks really don't have the assets chiarelli would wan't unless Edler would waive... and even then I wouldn't trade Edler for Yakupov.

Not sure why u are so sure about that. His skill set in a mans body is going to be rather formidable imo

I'd try to give our 2nd rounder from Columbus plus Hansen for Yak. That would be a fair price, Hansen could slot in right where they have Yak on Edmonton and vice versa.

Plus, we should bring more Russians to be friends with Tryamkin haha! Help him learn the language and fit in here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 7:07 AM, LolClarkson said:

Not sure why u are so sure about that. His skill set in a mans body is going to be rather formidable imo

He's already 22 going on 23... the talk about 'growing into a mans body' is about young players coming out of the draft. Hutton will not put a ton onto his frame, what you see is close to what you get.

Archived