The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just Do What Dallas Did !

MaxVerstappen33

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He was actually traded because he was disrupting the room by sleeping with teammates wives. aka why Horton needed a new change of scenery.  That's a hard character flaw to predict and I don't know how well that would go in the draft interview questions.

As far as I know, he was traded cause he was partying late at night during the playoffs/after the playoffs, not being professional and wasnt performing up to par during that time/especially during the final vs Chi. They traded him cause they felt they needed a top 6 forward and he wasnt playing like one at the time, plus had these other character issues. Do you have a source that makes you that certain it was sleeping with Hortons wife that caused the trade? Cause all I've heard is complete unsubstantiated rumours on the matter. 

On 5/13/2016 at 1:22 PM, LolClarkson said:

You've repeated that how many times now..

We have 3 shots at getting some kind of incarnation of Benn already. Virtanen, Boeser and McCan. We can swing for the fences with offers to Stamkos this year and Taveres next year.

We can trade for Yakupov or Droiun.

We already have a better back end then Dallas and our goaltending situation is world better. It wasn't that long ago that Markstrom was the top goalie prospect in the world.

Jason Spezza is 32. Sharp is 34. Hemsky is 30 something. We can make a good old second line with tje Sedins and a FA like Erricson. Plus the Sedins high IQ game bodes well for their age. Daniel Alfredsson was getting to 30+ goals past his mid 30's

Maybe Virt if he hits his absolute ceiling can be a Benn. Bo is more in the Toews/Bergeron mold - which is really needed. If he keeps getting better we're &^@#ing stoked. McCann cannot be a Benn...just very different players. 

Yakupov is a selfish player and not someone we want. After these playoffs Drouin is going to cost a fortune if he is even traded. I can see TB keeping him and letting Stamkos go. They made the conf finals without him...

I am very optimistic on our prospects, management and team.  But very few things about how Dallas are now is how were going about getting better.  Dubois can be a Benn....many compare him to him actually but I want Thachuk. I loved how his dad played and Mathew looks like he plays very similar. 

A few good signings and continued prospect improvement and were looking good for next year. :)

19 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Maybe Virt if he hits his absolute ceiling can be a Benn. Bo is more in the Toews/Bergeron mold.

I am very optimistic on our prospects

I Agee, you are optimistic

On 2016-05-13 at 2:43 PM, BI3KSA- said:

As far as I know, he was traded cause he was partying late at night during the playoffs/after the playoffs, not being professional and wasnt performing up to par during that time/especially during the final vs Chi. They traded him cause they felt they needed a top 6 forward and he wasnt playing like one at the time, plus had these other character issues. Do you have a source that makes you that certain it was sleeping with Hortons wife that caused the trade? Cause all I've heard is complete unsubstantiated rumours on the matter. 

He was getting Jeff Carter and Steve Downie stories mixed up with Seguin. Those guys were house wrecking. Not Seguin. Seguin was just douching it up.

Archived