The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else getting sick of losing out to the coilers?

YOWnuxFAN

It's annoying anytime we lose out on a player that we are connected to, regardless of the team. 

But it happens.

Thats just life, we have to move on like we always do. Do I wish Caggulia went to someone other than the Oilers? Absolutely, but the guy isn't a game breaker... Andrew Shaw at best

1 hour ago, YOWnuxFAN said:

Seriously. We were in the running for Shultz, Dallas Eakins, Caggiula and it also looks like we'll lose Dubois to them. It's getting ridiculous.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed that we are losing out or that they will likely mess up this kid's development like they've done to so many others (including Shultz).

end rant.

Schultz was a Bust, Eakins was brutal and Caggiula will fizzle out slowly as well..

Seriously. We were in the running for Shultz, Dallas Eakins, Caggiula and it also looks like we'll lose Dubois to them. It's getting ridiculous.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed that we are losing out or that they will likely mess up this kid's development like they've done to so many others (including Shultz).

end rant.

The Fing Oilers are responsible for the new draft rules that screwed us.

Eakins was a blessing though. He sucks.

We can get them back by making a player out of Yakupov

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Canucks had lukewarm interest in Eakins at best. Caggiula is at best a middle 6 forward. I wish people would stop overreacting either here or on Twitter. 

Get over it.

Edit: That last part isn't directed at you OP but just in general. I am not trying to be rude.

If Caggiula went out of his way to choose the Oilers then he failed an IQ test. I don't want low IQ players.

Seriously why would anyone pick that team after Eakins and Schultz got so burned ?

People are sick of losing. The cup playoffs may have a new team that has never won the cup that will before Canucks do. Then the draft where for the first year of the lottery we are one of 2 teams who drop multiple spots. We lose out on gamebreakers like laine and Matthews. Then it seems we'll lose Green from Utica who should be retained. The team also has had a downward spiral for a few years and it looks to continue. Then a player who would of had good development here goes to Edmonton where it snows 9 months of the year. 

Fans have had enough.

13 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Schultz was a Bust, Eakins was brutal and Caggiula will fizzle out slowly as well..

Schultz is doing alright actually.

Going to the Oilers now reminds me of the men who volunteered to go to Vietnam in the later years. Draftees were forced to but these guys are volenteering ?

More of a salpin the face to Canucks ownership and management who wined and dined him and thought it was the obvious choice to keep the ND connection going.

Most things are too good to be true do I was not buying the Canucks being an attractive destination for any type of free  agents including NHL and college free agents.

This guy also spurned his own college coach and could have a great spot waiting for him in the Flyers playing in the East where he is more likely to succeed as a small gritty guy who can chip in offense and use his speed to forecheck.

Looking forward to Stecher laying him out though in the future if both guys make it.

LOL. TSN is reporting that Cagguila chose the Oilers because he was wowed by their new stadium (http://www.tsn.ca/ncaa-standout-caggiula-headed-to-oilers-1.485052)??? Seriously, who chooses a team because of the building? It would be hilarious if Caggiula did indeed chose the Oilers because of the stadium and not some other factors like guaranteed playing time and etc. I'm guessing it's probably more the case of ridiculous TSN reporters making up garbage.

I don't think we were losing out on anything to the Oilers. I mean the Oilers have sucked so much for us to feel sour about anything that they have done. If anything, the feeling I have is more like... disgust? That team has picked 1st overall so many times and yet, failed to build a strong team because they never draft anyone good in the 2nd round and beyond. You can't build a team like that. 

And, missing out on Schultz didn't really work out for them. In fact, it only went on to prove that guaranteeing young players ice time to attract them is not a good idea in general. If the Oilers also promised Caggiula NHL ice time for next season, then I think it has a good chance to turn out exactly as it did for Schultz. As for Dubois, Edmonton has not picked him yet. Oh and Eakins??? I'm glad we lost out (?) on him. 

16 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Schultz is doing alright actually.

Going to the Oilers now reminds me of the men who volunteered to go to Vietnam in the later years. Draftees were forced to but these guys are volenteering ?

*was

end rant.

You realize that calligraphy isn't projecting to be much more than a third liner, right?

And Schultz is a soft, lazy defenseman. 

And Eakins sucked the chrome off a trailer hitch. 

In fact, I think you may truly be lost. Goodbye. 

I think a big part of it is new people come into the league and see a team like the Oilers that is full of potential and they think "Hey, they can't be terrible forever.  I want to be part of a rising team that will dominate the NHL!".

The problem is...the Oilers have been terrible forever and a lot of players (and some coaches) have been fooled by the promise of greater things for them in the future.  It's an understandable mistake and one that can't hold indefinitely, eventually some of these guys will get lucky and Edmonton might actually help their careers like they hope...and not trash them like it has done to so many.

JB- "well kid, we think you're real good and see a future for you here in Vancouver, in the future, you know, like, not next year, ummmm unless well, you're real good but we think you need a couple years in the A to be a skill forward for us in the future, but we want you like future. Brock will be here real soon"

Chirelli (sp?)- "Connor McDavid, ya, you'll play with him, we don't believe in development in the A, develop here in NHL and have your potential flushed like my last railer when the wife knocked on the bathroom door."

Archived