Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else getting sick of losing out to the coilers?


YOWnuxFAN

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, theilluminati said:

Name one other "highly touted young player" the Oilers have signed in the last 10 years besides Justin Schultz?....Do you even watch hockey or just read message boards and make idiotic statements..?

 

This is is a hockey forum?! I thought we were talking about cribbage. Man thanks I was totally lost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jaku said:

 

This is is a hockey forum?! I thought we were talking about cribbage. Man thanks I was totally lost. 

So you make an incredibly lame joke to mask your stunning lack of basic, relevant hockey knowledge..? Jaku the Troll does have a fairy tale ring to it though...keep doing you champ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theilluminati said:

So you make an incredibly lame joke to mask your stunning lack of basic, relevant hockey knowledge..? Jaku the Troll does have a fairy tale ring to it though...keep doing you champ...

Absolutely, because I truly and honestly don't really care what you think. Can't make one slip up around here, other wise theilluminati is going to call you an idiot. Sorry for trying to lighten the mood "champ" I guess I'll just keep "doing you" whatever in the world that means... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CupIsComing said:

Exactly! (ugh...what does that say about my general outlook on life)? :unsure:

 

I do agree with your assessment regarding how well Boeser will fit here and why it would be attractive to him...if I let myself think about it!

 

he was overlooked by ,give or take 5 teams ,jb was the guy that took the chance on him , i'm sure boeser recognizes this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Absolutely, because I truly and honestly don't really care what you think. Can't make one slip up around here, other wise theilluminati is going to call you an idiot. Sorry for trying to lighten the mood "champ" I guess I'll just keep "doing you" whatever in the world that means...

For the sake of accuracy, he did NOT call you an idiot. He:DID say "Do you even watch hockey or just read message boards and make idiotic statements..?

 

Thus he called the statement idiotic- not you the poster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

For the sake of accuracy, he did NOT call you an idiot. He:DID say "Do you even watch hockey or just read message boards and make idiotic statements..?

 

Thus he called the statement idiotic- not you the poster.

for the sake of accuracy, this could imply the poster is an idiot

 

" So you make an incredibly lame joke to mask your stunning lack of basic, relevant hockey knowledge "

 

GG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

Name one other "highly touted young player" the Oilers have signed in the last 10 years besides Justin Schultz?....Do you even watch hockey or just read message boards and make idiotic statements..?

gilbert brule, sam gagner, magnus paajarvi come to mind. sorry these were draft picks and not fa signings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not defending the Oilers, but this whole Edmonton doesn't know how to develop players comes from years under old management.

 

They now have a completely different group from President of Hockey Op's down to GM and coaches, and ALL of them are respected hockey people who had their choice of teams of where they could coach, manage and run the entire organization. And they all chose the Oil. They obviously saw  benefits to going there.

 

All I'm saying is that I don't understand people trashing the decision of the new kid based on the actions of old regimes that were run by guys named Lowe &Tambellini and coached by their friends. Time will tell I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

for the sake of accuracy, this could imply the poster is an idiot

 

" So you make an incredibly lame joke to mask your stunning lack of basic, relevant hockey knowledge "

 

GG

But is it accurate to say that people with a "stunning lack of basic, releveant hockey knowledge" are necessarily idiots?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly think they(oilers) moving a lot on bodies at Draft.  Probably used the guarantee of some 2nd line time and PP as MCD's winger to make the deal. Where as with us he more than likely spends one year in Utica, (would be the better move for his development) baring not blowing everyone's socks off at camp.

 

but if ya look at the oilers signing him.... actually makes it more desperate for the oilers to move some forwards so price will actually drop on some.  Not that we want any of them but means Oilers get less for their goods...and that is a good thing for us!

 

PS its not Whining..it being choked a dive of a city rival had a FA chose EDM over us again. Calgary I even would understand as a nice city,  but EDM IS a dive IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJDDawg said:

Not defending the Oilers, but this whole Edmonton doesn't know how to develop players comes from years under old management.

 

They now have a completely different group from President of Hockey Op's down to GM and coaches, and ALL of them are respected hockey people who had their choice of teams of where they could coach, manage and run the entire organization. And they all chose the Oil. They obviously saw  benefits to going there.

 

All I'm saying is that I don't understand people trashing the decision of the new kid based on the actions of old regimes that were run by guys named Lowe &Tambellini and coached by their friends. Time will tell I guess.

They felt pretty confident that they'd be in the hunt this year.  But it was the same garbage.  They are gonna have to prove it to me.  I will be floored if they finally trade their big pick, instead of thinking about "in five years...".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

 

 

All I'm saying is that I don't understand people trashing the decision of the new kid based on the actions of old regimes that were run by guys named Lowe &Tambellini and coached by their friends. Time will tell I guess.

I think its the feeling that this is yet another prospect that is going to be rushed. It may be a new crew in Edmonton, but its the same owner and maybe the same old mistake, who knows. Something tipped the kid to pick Edmonton, and if it wasn't guaranteed ice time I don't know what it was. Certainly not the scenery. And I certainly don't blame the kid, who could turn down the idea of guaranteed time with McDivehead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is really unbelievable the number of people who have decided to criticize this kid's decision as to where he plays hockey and, at the same time, disparage Edmonton.  I kind of doubt we would be ragging on him if he had chosen Vancouver....then we would have been overjoyed and imagining him becoming a solid Canuck.  BUT, for some reasons, he chose Edmonton.  It must have been a very difficult decision but he has his reasons.  Let's leave him alone, and leave Edmonton alone...and wish him luck with his decision (I am guessing all of us would have similar problems deciding the best situation for us....if, in fact, we had enough talent to ever be placed in that predicament!) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Losing out on the draft lottery sucks, but the good news is we still pick high. The Oilers also dropped but who cares about them? They continually have high picks for a reason. For the next few years we have a shot at moving up in the lottery and hopefully hit the jackpot eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On May 7, 2016 at 3:06 PM, GarthButcher5 said:

I'm not sure how we are "losing to the Coilers" when we consistently finish higher than them in the standings. 

This is a good point... Definitely consoling. I was just really looking forward to the Nucks getting Caggiula 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2016 at 9:52 PM, Toews said:

Canucks had lukewarm interest in Eakins at best. Caggiula is at best a middle 6 forward. I wish people would stop overreacting either here or on Twitter. 

 

Get over it.

 

 

Edit: That last part isn't directed at you OP but just in general. I am not trying to be rude.

DRAKE CAGGIULA  Canada 40.png  
 
Open print friendly window (pop-up) views: 43884

 

BIRTHYEAR 1994-06-20 BIRTHPLACE Pickering, ON, CAN
AGE 21 NATION Canada
POSITION C/LW SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 178 cm / 5'10" WEIGHT 84 kg / 185 lbs
CONTRACT 17/18
phiq.png 

A smart, skilled, and gritty buzzsaw of a winger that gets up and down the ice with focused drive. His mobility is elite, and his first three steps propel him to top speed quickly. Defensively, he is very active and can contain the opposition by limiting their chances in the slot. Offensively, he can be uncontainable, consistently displaying excellent vision and individual puck skills; can act as both the passer or the shooter in any given situation. An all-around game, rooted in his strong will to win and his ability to make the players around him better, is what he brings each and every night. Character is something built through tough situational battles and having to step up at key moments as a leader. Caggiula has the capacity to be that leader on and off the ice.

 

Source: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=97396#sthash.yzJ961fI.dpuf

 

Rationalizing it doesn't make it any easier. That's 1 more top nine player they have that we don't. Judging by his bio, we don't have a single young player similar too his style aside from maybe Virtanen. I love Virtanen's style of play and would have been overjoyed to get another player like that. It probably would have made many of us more excited to see the Canucks next season. 

 

This is a significant blow to fanbase morale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...