The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) This team needs a legit 1st line Center, to replace Hanky

32 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

cdc'ers always make trade proposals that are for players they want, giving up players they want to move...it doesn't happen that way...benning would have to go to colorado's gm and ask him who he'ld want for that players...then decide if he was willing to make that deal...

I guarantee Edler would be one of the assets Colorado would want. So go from there, Hansen just came off a fantastic season, largely part to playing with the Sedins, but Hansen was no slouch he looked very good playing in a top 6 situation. He could very well get 30 goals next year with Colorado. The 2nd Rounder that the Canucks would be giving up is the 33 overall pick which could be a very nice asset. Duchene hasn't reached his full potential or has he. Both teams benefit. Colorado NEEDS quality D.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not exactly a "legit 1st line center" then, is he?

I choose Duchene because we don't have the assets to land a franchise center, but we do have the assets to land a center that could have a bump in the right situation. Duchene fits the mold, and how exciting would it be to watch this team with the lineup i've proposed.

10 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

your missing the point...trades are made when both sides are happy with the deal..benning can't go into a trade by telling the other gm, who he would give them for this player...they will discus different options...i'm saying that cdc just make trades that they feel would be great for their team...i wouldn't trade horvat and tanev but colorado could want someone that we don't want to give up..it isn't rocket science.

very true, just a proposal Smither's

2 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

Know I realize they could get Dubois, but he's honestly 2 maybe even 3 years away so whats there to get excited about? 2-3 more years of the Sedins slowing down even more and they keeping eating up the most minutes but that's OK because they're the best we got. This is my whole point...

The Sedin's will continue to anchor the number one line until there is players who can take over or the twins are no longer on the team.

As much as Horvat or McCann, maybe someone they draft this year and the likes of Virtanen as well are developing and going to be solid players, no doubt top six. Nobody is going to simply be given the top line role over the Sedins until either a player is ready or the twins are moved on.

Furthermore moving Edler will only weaken the defense on the Canucks, he may not be that PP quarterback and he may have his fair share of errors but he is as solid and reliable as any defense on the team not to mention management loves him lol.

For the right price, I don't mind pursuing Duchene. And I also don't mind giving up Edler as part of the deal.

Let's just say, I'd rather have Duchene and Demers than Stamkos...because they'd cost about the same...

2 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

I choose Duchene because we don't have the assets to land a franchise center, but we do have the assets to land a center that could have a bump in the right situation. Duchene fits the mold, and how exciting would it be to watch this team with the lineup i've proposed.

To be perfectly honest, I think Horvat could be that guy. Not a legit 1st line center, but a great complementary player ala Brendan Morrison (Not saying he's a comparable player, per se, but that his role could be similar to what Morrison's was on the West Coast Express).

I'd rather just throw a sh#t-ton of money at Stamkos then trade a truckload of tangible assets for Duchene.

Remember with Edler, you'll need to convince him to waive his NTC, and apparently he doesn't want to. I've said in numerous threads that he needs to be sold on somewhere sunny and ‘familiar‘ in terms of playing with former mates. So either FLA (Luongo), or ANA(Kesler/Bieksa). Who knows, maybe COL would work too. Cold winters like Sweden has, and of course there's the weed. Again, 'familiarity'.

As for a 1st line C, I have also mentioned in numerous threads,...I think we already have our #1C.  It's McCann. He's just not fully developed yet. And so give him a year, maybe even 2, in Utica until the Sedins are gone in 2yrs. With the little splashes of offensive brilliance he showed throughout the year, and the nasty edge he plays with after the whistle, in 3 years, with the twins off the books, and some luck at this yrs draft, I expect to see a first line of Tkachuk a properly developed McCann & Boesser. I remember hearing that McCann and Boeser had some pretty sweet chemistry at the development camp last summer in the 3on 3 games they held. Not superstar level, but I see McCann having the same sort of offensive game that Sakic had. Unbelievable wrist shot, great on the point on the PP, slick eye for his linemates,...just not as dominant as Burnaby Joe. 

So, for me, I say just be patient,...McCann will take the reigns when he's ready, and by then, Horvat will be a young vet 2C & Sutter will be a great leader at 3C,  and both will be more then able to help out McCann along the way.  

Just gotta wait for the twins to be gone. My gut says they'll play their contracts out here and either retire intact, or play one more year for a true Cup contender,...until then, Hanks' our #1. 

59 minutes ago, DinoTambo said:

Remember with Edler, you'll need to convince him to waive his NTC, and apparently he doesn't want to. I've said in numerous threads that he needs to be sold on somewhere sunny and ‘familiar‘ in terms of playing with former mates. So either FLA (Luongo), or ANA(Kesler/Bieksa). Who knows, maybe COL would work too. Cold winters like Sweden has, and of course there's the weed. Again, 'familiarity'.

As for a 1st line C, I have also mentioned in numerous threads,...I think we already have our #1C.  It's McCann. He's just not fully developed yet. And so give him a year, maybe even 2, in Utica until the Sedins are gone in 2yrs. With the little splashes of offensive brilliance he showed throughout the year, and the nasty edge he plays with after the whistle, in 3 years, with the twins off the books, and some luck at this yrs draft, I expect to see a first line of Tkachuk a properly developed McCann & Boesser. I remember hearing that McCann and Boeser had some pretty sweet chemistry at the development camp last summer in the 3on 3 games they held. Not superstar level, but I see McCann having the same sort of offensive game that Sakic had. Unbelievable wrist shot, great on the point on the PP, slick eye for his linemates,...just not as dominant as Burnaby Joe. 

So, for me, I say just be patient,...McCann will take the reigns when he's ready, and by then, Horvat will be a young vet 2C & Sutter will be a great leader at 3C,  and both will be more then able to help out McCann along the way.  

Just gotta wait for the twins to be gone. My gut says they'll play their contracts out here and either retire intact, or play one more year for a true Cup contender,...until then, Hanks' our #1. 

I can't tell if that was serious or a joke, but regardless,  I laughed. Hard. 

On 5/7/2016 at 3:18 PM, smithers joe said:

your missing the point...trades are made when both sides are happy with the deal..benning can't go into a trade by telling the other gm, who he would give them for this player...they will discus different options...i'm saying that cdc just make trades that they feel would be great for their team...i wouldn't trade horvat and tanev but colorado could want someone that we don't want to give up..it isn't rocket science.

You have clearly never been in a sales type of position. You don't ever go into a negotiation without a proposition. If we said "hey who do you want for Duchene" they would ask for the sky. At the same time you can't go in with a low ball offer or they will not take you seriously. You have to go in with a respectable offer and present your proposal to them.

On May 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM, poet said:

For the right price, I don't mind pursuing Duchene. And I also don't mind giving up Edler as part of the deal.

Let's just say, I'd rather have Duchene and Demers than Stamkos...because they'd cost about the same...

But with Stamkos and Demers if we can afford both, all we'd be using to get them is money, which to me makes a lot mors sense than giving up an arm and a leg for Duchene. 

I dont see the problem....

Henrik Sedin

Brandon Sutter

Bo Horvat

Markus Granlund

Jared McCann

And then hopefully

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Henrik Sedin has 2 more years at 1st line center

Brandon Sutter has 5 more years

Bo Horvat *Future Captain* *Life Long Canuck*

Markus Granlund 2 more years

Jared McCann 5 more years?

Pierre-Luc Dubois 1st line center in 4 years?

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

You have clearly never been in a sales type of position. You don't ever go into a negotiation without a proposition. If we said "hey who do you want for Duchene" they would ask for the sky. At the same time you can't go in with a low ball offer or they will not take you seriously. You have to go in with a respectable offer and present your proposal to them.

you are probably right but are you talking about an nhl respectable offer or a cdc respectable offer?...there is usually a wide difference...

32 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

you are probably right but are you talking about an nhl respectable offer or a cdc respectable offer?...there is usually a wide difference...

Haha, yes yes that's true. I would be referring to an NHL rather than CDC. I still think Duchene could end up being traded to Tampa Bay for Drouin, considering Drouin's history with Mackinnon.

Archived