The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bruce Boudreau to coach Wild

JV77

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Actually surprised that Calgary didn't attempt to get him, or that he didn't hold out for Calgary. While the Wild have some good pieces, Parise and Suter's contracts, not to mention Vanek's are going to be a weight around their neck for quite a while.

that is cause the crow crawford is heading there! so team 10/40 is predicting.

The Wild's biggest issue for any coach is managing the ego of their star players and what Fletcher calls a mere generational gap (both coaches have hinted to locker room chemistry issues).   Parise bringing in Adam Oates to advice him on a road trip, Suter playing on both PP units when he has a muffin of a shot...  Doubtful that happens under Boudreau.  Good for the Wild.

As per Russo, Boudreau has free rein to select his own assistant coaches.  Fletcher was in California this week and although Boudreau was the clear target he also tried to get approval to speak to MacLean and I haven't seen anything to say he did - so it could mean that he's in line for the Ducks job.  Unless, they see him continue as assistant coach but it's Murray that brought him in (not Boudreau) and it would be surprising that he doesn't allow him to make his case for the job. 

Boudreau would have turned Calgary into a bit of a powerhouse, very similar pieces over there to what Boudreau had in Washington. Say what you want about his post-season failures, Calgary at worst would have been a dominant regular season team with that mobile defence and those young forwards at Boudreau's dispense.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Boudreau paid the price because Perry quit playing after the regular season ended.   Anaheim's core has peaked imo. 

Will be interesting to see what he does with a team without any superstars?

Boudreau is known as a players coach.  Are you saying some of the players effed him over?  And  the Ducks early exit was the fall out of a power struggle?

Some guys just don't get empowerment.  It's a powerful tool but people who respond to the old school fire and brimstone approach think it's soft and don't respect it.

2 hours ago, SedinMadness said:

that is cause the crow crawford is heading there! so team 10/40 is predicting.

Didn't Burkie hire Crow here?

But he's not the GM in Calgary so I don't know if it means anything. 

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Boudreau is known as a players coach.  Are you saying some of the players effed him over?  And  the Ducks early exit was the fall out of a power struggle?

Some guys just don't get empowerment.  It's a powerful tool but people who respond to the old school fire and brimstone approach think it's soft and don't respect it.

That's a pretty big assumption to read into my post, but no, I'm not saying anything remotely like a power struggle exists there. 

But it's pretty clear to anyone that Perry simply didn't show up in the playoffs this year, for whatever reason? 

He's supposed to be THE difference maker for their club but for some unknown reason he took the series off, they lost a tight one to a lower seed, and now their looking for a new coach,  that's all I meant. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

That's a pretty big assumption to read into my post, but no, I'm not saying anything remotely like a power struggle exists there. 

But it's pretty clear to anyone that Perry simply didn't show up in the playoffs this year, for whatever reason? 

He's supposed to be THE difference maker for their club but for some unknown reason he took the series off, they lost a tight one to a lower seed, and now their looking for a new coach,  that's all I meant. 

I know, I'm just trying to understand your post.   It sounds more potent than you intended obviously.  The best players didn't deliver.  It's not like this is the first time that a favorite team bowed out early.

Archived