The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What you did about your real life crushes..

Mainly Mattias

I imagine you people are old enough to have a decent list of major crushes and remember what (in)actions you took to further a potential relationship. And I'm not talking about those inaccessible ones like movie stars..  I'm talking about those ones who are completely approachable.. and the only thing preventing you is you (or, potentially their significant other! ..or age ..or their incarceration?)

Did you stalk them?  Shower with gifts and attention? Insult them? Ask them out?

girls i had crushes on i just pretended to ignored them and tried play mysterious. that didn't work. then i tried to be an asshole, that didn't work. then i would straight up confess and i ended up standing there scratching my head awkwardly, trying to play it off as people looked on.

i gave a girl i crushed on, well we actually had a thing for each other, when we were in grade 8 a ring and her parents were NOT happy. i stopped talking to her after that in the summer time and a year later a friend told me she threatened to kill me for some unknown reason D:

i had more luck being experimental than being with girls :x

This is my strategy with girls. I don't have "crushes" that's weak and sets yourself up for failure. I developed a personality. Some people like it, others don't. And here comes the key to whole thing. I don't give a &^@# about what they think, girl or guy. I just keep being me. Girls are attracted to that, and some will show signs of interest. I go for those girls.

Ahahaha

Ok so I was legitimately going to make a move on this girl, she's the most amazing girl I've ever met and still is to this day.

So I asked her best friend, who I was also good friends with, if I had a chance with her. The best friend was dating someone at the time so I thought it was safe to ask, right?

So news ended up getting back to her, which got back to me via our mutual friend (different friend. This one's a dude).

Since then, the timing has never been right and I've come to the conclusion that as of now I'm not mature enough to date a girl like her yet...

3 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

This is my strategy with girls. I don't have "crushes" that's weak and sets yourself up for failure. I developed a personality. Some people like it, others don't. And here comes the key to whole thing. I don't give a &^@# about what they think, girl or guy. I just keep being me. Girls are attracted to that, and some will show signs of interest. I go for those girls.

Right on. Basically sums up my thoughts.

6 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

Figured that out on my 20s.  After I realized this, smashed a lot of the girls I'd been interested in before.

Get a motorcycle. It turns on the moment you put the key in and hit the starter. You can look at other motorcycles and it won't get jealous. You can ride it when ever you like. You can ride other motorcycles and never hear a complaint. It doesn't talk back to you.

If somethings wrong you can fix it. It doesn't over think of why you are riding together, it just does. 

Archived