The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What you did about your real life crushes..

Mainly Mattias

Was shy/awkward with girls in my teens. Forced myself to just not GAF in my 20's and *poof* no more 'crushes', no more friend zones (unless I actually wanted to) etc. If I only knew then what I know now...

Only down side of that is sometimes it's hard to turn that attitude off even when your now in a committed relationship :lol:

Personally, there are lots of girls that have interested me, but most have had boyfriends or/and are too good looking for me.

I'm very comfortable around them, but part of that is because I have zero expectations of anything happening between us.

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Was shy/awkward with girls in my teens. Forced myself to just not GAF in my 20's and *poof* no more 'crushes', no more friend zones (unless I actually wanted to) etc. If I only knew then what I know now...

Only down side of that is sometimes it's hard to turn that attitude off even when your now in a committed relationship :lol:

This.

Except I don't buy in to the part of that attitude that still believes that there's "nice guys" and "a-holes" and girls only go for the latter.

"Nice guys" are guys who haven't learned to walk in confidence.

"A-holes" are just a-holes and appear to be confident cause they treat everybody like dicks.

It's fully possible to be confident in yourself, not let people treat you like a puppy and still be a kind, giving and decent person.

It's a game of teasing for me because the concept of rejection is terrifying. Act like you're not pursuing anything but open to possibilities. Hit the buttons in all the right combinations until they are the ones making a move on you. It's slow, tedious but the tension is tons of fun and by the time something does happen you probably know a lot more about them than you did initially. 

I've never had crushes though. Just people I wouldn't mind sleeping with. I'm a dog 

Just now, nzan said:

This.

Except I don't buy in to the part of that attitude that still believes that there's "nice guys" and "a-holes" and girls only go for the latter.

"A-holes" are just a-holes and appear to be confident cause they treat everybody like dicks.

It's fully possible to be confident in yourself, not let people treat you like a puppy and still be a kind, giving and decent person.

Agree it's certainly possible. Seen a lot of girls date a-holes though :lol:

Just now, J.R. said:

Agree it's certainly possible. Seen a lot of girls date a-holes though :lol:

No question.

And all of us "nice guys" facepalmed waiting for the a-hole to treat her like an a-hole, and wonder why they still wouldn't date us...until we realized that we were substituting in the term "nice guy" when in actuality we were losers.

By a loser, I mean a guy that is willing to be walked over rather than turn into one of those a-holes.

My life took a turn when I decided I wasn't going to be either of those things; rather, I was going to continue being kind and caring, but I also was going to be a man, and people weren't going to walk over me anymore. 

It turns out that real confidence goes a lot further than the bravado of the a-hole variety.

27 minutes ago, nzan said:

This.

It has more to do with looks tbh. Before they truly get to know someone, there's a physical attraction to that person, and sometimes that person is nice and other times that person is a douche.

Edit: This is more for random meet ups than people you have had as friends first.

I was always a pussy when it came to crushes never wanted to ruin what i had(friendship) or rejection.  in my 20s i realize alcohol  in your system can change that, so its not the most conventional way but at least i got my answer rather than always thinking about what could have been....some were Yays and some were nays...those nays dont really hurt until the next morning ahhh but you can always sooth that pain with a beer lol...im happily married right now and dont drink anymore and i didnt use alcohol to ask this one out because she asked me out ..so phew lol...anways thats my story 

Don't really get crushes anymore but when I did, it was bad.  I'd pretty much embarrass my self trying to impress her.  The success rate of that was a whopping 0%.  Now I just do what I do and if I think a girl is interested in me and if I think they're chill I go from there.  

Whenever a girl likes me I somehow don't like them back and it's annoying.

Archived