The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What you did about your real life crushes..

Mainly Mattias

I was one of the few females( at the time) posting and I was getting alot of negative attention from all the jabronies. At the time I wasnt really looking for attention from guys I just wanted to talk hockey and I was being harrassed. I was treated like a puck bunny even though  I had been a canucks fan since I was a teenager so long before some of the boys here were even born. I also was getting messages out right asking me to hook up by some of these same boys. when I just litterly wanted to be treated like any other fan.

Sometimes I think a lot of the newer female posters have it alot easier then I did 3/4 years ago. Its no longer taboo to be a female canucks fan on these forums.

So  the main reason I crushed so hard on TS Is because he treated me like a person and not a dumb chick to hook up with. 

So we started talking and I told him I really wanted to meet up with other Canuck fans(despite the way I was being treated)  to watch games. Ts and I tried to organize  this forum thingy to meet up with other fans  to watch a game but it never panned out... so  we decided to meet up  anyways to watch a game just the two of us.

I just showed up in jeans and a canucks jersey when I first met up with him.  He wore a jets hoodie and  cargo pants. So never really felt like a date.. at first.. we were just two fans getting together. The first place we tried to go was closed so We ended up going to Tom and Jerrys and ate nachoes and watched the canucks get killed by Jonathan Toews.

Somehow durning the night the mood shifted and it started to feel more like a date. One of those crazy life moments when things just fall into place and it just feels right.

So we left the restraunt early and went back to my place to watch the my little pony movie and TS some how ended up staying the weekend. We have  been together just over 3 years now. 

Archived