The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Game of Thrones (Game On)

Beluga Whale

c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s.jpg

Welcome to Beluga Whale's Game of Thrones Mafia game. This game will contain many new elements and will be far from vanilla but hopefully still fun!

The plot for this game will be a fight for the North between House Bolton and their supporters (MAFIA) against the Stark supporters (TOWN).  I'll try to keep the Game of Thrones spoilers to a minimum but there may be some spoilers for season 6 just based off which characters are in the game.

Belligerents:

Spoiler

MAFIA (House Bolton Supporters) - 5 players

Lord Ramsey Bolton - 1-shot bulletproof JOAT: Strongman, Doctor save, Role investigation abilities

Lord Harald Karstark - Redirector 

Lord Smalljon Umber - Jailkeeper

2 Bolton Supporters - Mafia Goon

TOWN (Stark Supporters) - 14 players

Jon Snow - Vigilante 

Melisandre - Sheriff

Davos Seaworth- Jailkeeper

Sansa Stark - Can call a Trial by Thunderdome between players of his//her choosing twice during the game

10 Stark Supporters - Regular TP 

Total: 19 players

Additional role information:

All regular TPs have the ability to pray to the Gods AKA - access the Mystery Box once per game to potentially receive an item or ability. Any ability gained can only be used once but doesn't have to be used in the same round it was received. The chances of receiving an item increase as the game progresses. The possible items from the Mystery Box in each round are as follow:

I.          60% nothing; 5% kill; 5% save; 5% roleblock; 10% watcher; 15% tracker

II.          50% nothing; 15% kill; 10% save; 5% roleblock; 10% watcher; 10% tracker

III.          40% nothing; 15% kill; 15% save; 10% roleblock; 5% watcher; 15% tracker

IV.          30% nothing; 20% kill; 15% save; 15%roleblock; 5% watcher; 15% tracker

V.          20% nothing; 40% kill; 20% save; 15% roleblock; 5% tracker

VI.     10% nothing; 45% kill; 25% save; 20% roleblock

*I will add GoT flavor to these action later on*

Trial by Thunderdome can be called twice during the game (only once per round) by the player with the role of Sansa Stark. The player can tell me two players they wish to call the Trial by Thunderdome on privately and I will announce in the thread that everyone will have to decide between the two on who to lynch and who to leave alive. This lynch will take place along side the regular lynch meaning there can be multiple lynches per round. 

A Jailkeeper's Night Action protects a player from attacks but also Roleblocks them. 

1-shot bulletproof means that the player can survive a kill action one time during the game. 

Every action except for Trial by Thunderdome is a night action

The Mafia kill is factional and cannot be tracked, watched or roleblocked.

Most of the standard CDC mafia rules apply and any changes will be noted in the next section.

Rules Specific to this game:

• Nightfall will take place at 9:00 PM PST. You may NOT post after 9:00 PM until AFTER I post the nightfall report. 
  • Night actions are due by 9:15 PM PST.
  • The deadline for a regular TP to access the Mystery Box on a given round is 8:00 PM. 
  • The deadline to call a Trial by Thunderdome at least 12 hours before the end of the round.
  • There is NO PMing between any players other than the mafia.
  • Do NOT discuss any private communications with the host.

Night Action order:

Strongman Kills 

Blocking abilites

Saving abilities

Investigation (includes tracker, watcher and sheriff)
Mafia night kills
Vigilante kills

Game Schedule:

I hope to start once we hit 19 players. The game should run from Friday to around May 22nd so make sure you are available every day during that time period if you wish to sign up. 

Round 1: 48+ hours (depending on when we start)

Round 2: 48 hours

Round 3: 48 hours

Round 4+: 24 hours

Signing Up:

I'm going to try to make this more of a competitive game than the norm on CDC so I'm requiring that all players be able to post at LEAST 5 times per 24 hour period. I also ask that you only sign up if you intend on taking the game SERIOUSLY and playing to the best of your ability to help your faction win.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

To sign up you must copy this and sign your name:

"I understand the requirements for this game and I pledge that I will be able to meet them".

Feel free to comment and discuss anything you do or don't like in the setup and rules. Nothing is set in stone and I'm still working on balancing everything.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Role PMs

MAFIA

1-shot bulletproof JOAT

Spoiler

got-ramsay.jpg

You are Lord Ramsey Bolton, the 1-shot bulletproof JOAT. You win when Town can no longer control the lynch. 

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night in the Mafia PM.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

1-shot Bulletproof Vest (BPV):

The BPV modifier gives you one or more Bulletproof Vests that passively protect you from one shot each. Each time you are shot, your number of BPVs will decrease by one. If you lose all of your BPVs then you can be killed like everyone else. You will not be notified if a BPV is broken.

You have 1 BPVs at the start of the game.

JOAT:

As the JOAT you have access to strongman kills, role investigations and saves. You can cycle through these abilities as many times as you wish however you must complete a cycle of every ability before you can use an ability again. For example, if you use the strongman kill first, you must wait until after you've used the investigation and the save until you can use it again. 

Strongman kill: The Strongman modifier makes killing actions cut through all roleblocking and protection night actions. This is NOT an extra night kill as it only modifies the mafia night kill.

Investigation: Role investigation will reveal a target's role and any role modifiers. Vanillas and Goons will inspect as Vanilla. 

Save: A save will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

Redirector

Spoiler

original_low-180786.jpg?1462197083

You are Lord Harald Karstark, the Mafia Redirector. You win when Town can no longer control the lynch. 

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night in the Mafia PM.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Redirector:

Each night, you may redirect a player, causing all of his/her night actions performed on that night to target a designated second player instead of whatever their original target was. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

Jailkeeper

Spoiler

JS89387766.jpg

You are Lord Smalljon Umber, the Mafia Jailkeeper. You win when Town can no longer control the lynch. 

Mafia Jailkeeper:

As Mafia Jailkeeper, you have access to the Jailing Night Action. Jailing another player will both protect that player from being killed as well as prevent that player from being able to successfully use their Night Action that night. You will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night in the Mafia PM. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

Mafia Goon (2)

Spoiler

House-Bolton-heraldry.jpg

You are a Bolton supporter and a Mafia Goon. You win when Town can no longer control the lynch. 

TOWN

Vigilante

Spoiler

got_jon_hardhome.jpg?itok=Q-Upjryx

You are Jon Snow, the 1-shot bulletproof Town Vigilante.  You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

1-shot Bulletproof Vest (BPV):

The BPV modifier gives you one or more Bulletproof Vests that passively protect you from one shot each. Each time you are shot, your number of BPVs will decrease by one. If you lose all of your BPVs then you can be killed like everyone else. You will not be notified if a BPV is broken.

You have 1 BPVs at the start of the game.

Town Vigilante:

As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Killing Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night in your role PM. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If your action is redirected or blocked you will be notified.

Sheriff

Spoiler

Melisandre.0.0.jpg

You are Melisandre, the Town Sheriff.  You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Sheriff:

As Town Alignment Cop, you have access to the Alignment Inspection Night Action. Alignment Inspection will reveal a target's alignment. Submit your Night Action each night in your role PM. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If you do not submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the un-Inspected living players.

If your action is redirected or blocked you will be notified.

Jailkeeper

Spoiler

game-of-thrones-liam-cunningham-1.jpg

You are Ser Davos Seaworth, the Town Jailkeeper.  You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Jailkeeper:

As Town Jailkeeper, you have access to the Jailing Night Action. Jailing another player will both protect that player from being killed as well as prevent that player from being able to successfully use their Night Action that night. You will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night in your role PM. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If your action is blocked or redirected you will be notified.

Lyncher

Spoiler

game-of-thrones.png?w=635&h=394

You are Sansa Stark and you have the ability to call a Trial by Thunderdome twice during the game. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Trial by Thunderdome:

You can call a Trial by Thunderdome (TBT) twice during the game (only once per round). To call a TBT you can submit two names that you'd like to have a TBT in this role PM. As soon as I see your player submission I will announce the TBT in the thread. If you wish to call a TBT on a given round, you must submit the names at least 12 hours before the end of that round. This lynch will take place along side the regular lynch meaning there can be multiple lynches per round. 

Example: You say - Trial by Thunderdome: Virt and Dral. 

I will then announce to the thread that Virt and Dral are in a Trial by Thunderdome and everyone must vote one of them.

This action cannot be prevented and you can also use it during any round you like.

Regular TP (10)

Spoiler

Stark-Sigil.jpg

You are a Stark supporter and are a regular TP. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

You can Pray to the Gods (use the mystery box) ONCE per game to potentially acquire an ability. If you wish to access the Mystery Box, let me know in this role PM and I will give you a randomized result. The deadline to use the Mystery Box is 8:00 PM each round. You can also use an acquired ability on the same round you received it OR you can save it for as long as you like. 

The probabilities for the contents of the Mystery Box vary each round and are detailed in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

I.          60% nothing; 5% kill; 5% save; 5% roleblock; 10% watcher; 15% tracker

II.          50% nothing; 15% kill; 10% save; 5% roleblock; 10% watcher; 10% tracker

III.          40% nothing; 15% kill; 15% save; 10% roleblock; 5% watcher; 15% tracker

IV.          30% nothing; 20% kill; 15% save; 15%roleblock; 5% watcher; 15% tracker

V.          20% nothing; 40% kill; 20% save; 15% roleblock; 5% tracker

VI.     10% nothing; 45% kill; 25% save; 20% roleblock

Mystery Box contents

Spoiler
  • Nothing:
    Spoiler

tumblr_mmmw2boXjS1s79da0o1_500.gif

You did not receive an ability from the Mystery Box.

• Faceless Man Assassination (Vigilante Kill):
    Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

The Many-Faced God has granted you one Faceless Man kill (1 vigilante kill). Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action in this role PM. You can use this ability during any round you wish however it can only be used once.

• Maester Save (Doctor Save):
    Spoiler

250px-Brittmartin_Maester_Luwin.jpg

The Old Gods have granted you one Master save. The Save will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action in this role PM. You can use this ability during any round you wish however it can only be used once.

• Tormund Giantsbane (Roleblocker)
    Spoiler

tve83220-2478-20150531-0.jpg

The Old Gods have granted you the ability to use Tormund and his Wildling army (Roleblock).

Roleblocker:

You have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action in your role PM.

• Ghost (tracker):
    Spoiler

tumblr_n6wkw1s8sM1qd1s6no2_250.gif

The Old Gods have granted you the ability to use Ghost (tracker) to track a player one time.

Tracker:

You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. Submit your Night Action in this role PM. You can use this ability during any round you wish however it can only be used once.

• Bran (watcher):
    Spoiler

bran-the-warg.jpg

The Old Gods have granted you the ability to use Bran Stark (watcher) to watch a player one time.

You have access to the Watching Night Action. Watching another player informs you who used a Night Action on that player at night, if any. Submit your Night Action in this role PM. You can use this ability during any round you wish however it can only be used once.

I would like to play. Also, I understand the rules, and would also like to pledge to be active. Unless I'm Mafia again. In which case I won't be.

c0VsWr6.png?1

That is my signature. I reserve the right to use a stamp.

10 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Am I correct in assuming that without a 'save' being used, it is possible to have 5 TP die in the first round by:?

Never mind kill order

1 Lynch

2 MK

3 Vig

4 Strongman

5 Thunderdome

It is possible but it would be bad play to call a Thunderdome or use a strongman in round 1 so it's unlikely imo.

Also, I don't think it's necessarily unbalanced if 5 TP could die in round 1 because it's also possible that 3 mafia could die instead. I do think though, that a game like this will always have a lot of variance and will be tough to perfectly balance.

Archived