The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kings sign head coach Darryl Sutter to contract extension

Darryl Sutter and the Los Angeles Kings agreed to terms on a multi-year contract to remain coach, Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said Friday.

The 2015-16 season was the final one on Sutter's contract.

"I have no desire to go anywhere else or do any of that," Sutter told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday. "We'll get it worked out. That's my plan."

Sutter was hired by the Kings on Dec. 20, 2011, to replace Terry Murray. In four-plus seasons Sutter is 186-112-45, and won the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014.

The Kings finished second in the Pacific Division this season and lost to the San Jose Sharks in five games in the Western Conference First Round.

https://www.nhl.com/news/la-kings-darryl-sutter-agree-to-terms-on-contract/c-280672702

I forgot his name, but didn't LA Kings turn down permissions for teams to speak with the Kings Associate/Assistant coach in hope he would become Sutter's replacement???

I remember reading about it on CDC last offseason or the one before.

1 minute ago, Kakanucks said:

I forgot his name, but didn't LA Kings turn down permissions for teams to speak with the Kings Associate/Assistant coach in hope he would become Sutter's replacement???

Stevens
That is the first thing I thought of too.

22 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

That would be John Stevens and I thought the exact same thing as you.

40 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Stevens
That is the first thing I thought of too.

19 minutes ago, Xbox said:

That would be John Stevens and I thought the exact same thing as you.

Thanks guys. I wonder whats in his mind right now.

I also wonder if teams like Calgary/Anaheim would ask for permission to speak to him as well.

1 hour ago, Kakanucks said:

no...

it was rumored that Vancouver had interested in John Stevens, but it was later disclosed that he wants to stay in L.A as a assistant coach until further notice.

41 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

no...

it was rumored that Vancouver had interested in John Stevens, but it was later disclosed that he wants to stay in L.A as a assistant coach until further notice.

Well I guess noone is sure except for LA Kings. but this was reported back in June 2014. So it was first rumored that LA Kings were denying teams to talk to John Stevens, then he was promoted to Associate Coach from Assistant Coach.

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM, HowYaDrouin said:

Word circulating that Los Angeles has not -- and likely will not -- give other teams permission to talk to John Stevens about coaching jobs.

John Stevens will be staying in LA, with a promotion. Well-deserved.

Archived