The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yan-Pavel Laplante | LW/C

stonecoldstevebernier

Watched the game and he was by a mile the stand out performer for the Canucks.

It was a joy to behold to see the feistiness shown throughout the game by LaPlante.

I've been waiting for ages to see this kind of aggression from a Canuck, who can actually fight as well, and not in staged fights.

Have high hopes for him to become a player for us in the future. 

On 9/11/2017 at 5:38 AM, spook007 said:

Watched the game and he was by a mile the stand out performer for the Canucks.

It was a joy to behold to see the feistiness shown throughout the game by LaPlante.

I've been waiting for ages to see this kind of aggression from a Canuck, who can actually fight as well, and not in staged fights.

Have high hopes for him to become a player for us in the future. 

I agree, I'm hoping LaPlante gets a good look at training camp and keeps improving so he is a call up during the season. Looking forward to seeing him in Vancouver.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Yan-Pavel Laplante | LW/C
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Any updates on Laplante? 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I believe he got shut down sometime last November with a long term injury and pretty much missed the entire season. Don’t know the nature of the injury. Was reported as “upper body” and with an “indefinite” timeline.

To add to that, it's been reported that he is a very poor hockey player and is generally a waste of a contract at this time.

In all seriousness, he's a long way away from being relevant to this franchise.

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, Guile said:

To add to that, it's been reported that he is a very poor hockey player and is generally a waste of a contract at this time.

In all seriousness, he's a long way away from being relevant to this franchise.

It was only looking at CapFriendly I realized he's still on contract? Has he been not playing for almost 2 years? Was it some type of heart problem or something? 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It was only looking at CapFriendly I realized he's still on contract? Has he been not playing for almost 2 years? Was it some type of heart problem or something? 

I have asked several times over the last 2 seasons ( he played 5 games to start last season ) as to what his injury/ reason is. No reply. He looked good in a couple of training camps, but was not a top prospect. Hard checking, high revving Motte type. If I had to guess, I'd think that concussion issues might be in play !

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

From the Utica OD back in July: "Laplante, the 23-year-old forward who suffered an upper-body injury in mid-November, is not expected to be ready for training camp. He developed an infection after surgery and a return date is unclear, Johnson said."

Just now, mll said:

From the Utica OD back in July: "Laplante, the 23-year-old forward who suffered an upper-body injury in mid-November, is not expected to be ready for training camp. He developed an infection after surgery and a return date is unclear, Johnson said."

Yikes. 

It honestly feels like his career is over. Whatever infection/injury he got, he's never been able to recover from it. Much like Dorsett, I expect to see LaPlante on the LTIR until his deal ends and then after that he'll never be heard of again in NHL circles unless he becomes a Coach/GM in a few decades.

Archived