The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Olympic Committee Is Testing Old Blood Samples For Doping Violations

SabreFan1

They're even testing samples as far back as the 2008 Olympics.  So far 31 from a dozen countries have tested positive from back then with more to come.  Lotsa medals are going to be stripped....

You darn 'roided up Canadians are boned!!!  Muahahaha!  :lol:

Actually, I think the top 4 countries that will be caught the most are in order:  Russia, China, US, and Germany.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/31-caught-doping-retests-beijing-olympic-samples-ioc-n575336

Canada has to be the most stingiest Country when it comes to doping thanks to Ben Johnson, I would be shocked if any Canadians get indicted.  Those bull hormone pumping yanks though.....

Just now, Tre Mac said:

Canada has to be the most stingiest Country when it comes to doping thanks to Ben Johnson, I would be shocked if any Canadians get indicted.  Those bull hormone pumping yanks though.....

I wouldn't be that shocked. All it takes is for an athlete to get ahold of something that isn't being tested for at the time. Also PEDs don't show up forever. A lot of athletes are going to be taking drugs and then stopping just prior to testing. Newer testing methods will be able to find smaller amounts though.

Just let the roid's be used... Have two different events at the same time:

Juiced Olympics - let's see what technology is capable of. Anything and everything is allowed if they want to get sick and die for a little sports glory that's their choice. All these athletes would be ineligible to play in the Normal Olympics.

Normal Olympics - Make doping actually a punishable by law offence here. If a country wants to be part of it they have to write it into their laws somehow so that there is some teeth to prevent it from happening. If you're caught doping here or aiding and abedding a doper you go to jail and get massive fines. Wanna dope? Sign up for the Juiced Olympics.

With that said I wonder if they will find anything with Michael Phelps? Now I may take crap for saying anything against him but just looking at how jacked he was after his wins makes me suspicious. Not just beating the WRs by a couple of milliseconds but by multiple seconds, screams to me that he was juiced. 

I could be wrong but there was a doping expert from China that I saw interviewed that said 100% he was on some sort of PED in Beijing. Could be sour grapes but I don't think so. 

I would compare it to auto racing where you have open wheel racing and stock car racing. 

IMO anyone who beats a world record now is juiced. In order to beat a world record clean, you'd have to be so much better than the competition, that you can beat them even if they are juicing. After seeing the effects of steroids (not me but seeing training partners who've used them), I find that very hard to believe. The effects are huge.

59 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

With that said I wonder if they will find anything with Michael Phelps? Now I may take crap for saying anything against him but just looking at how jacked he was after his wins makes me suspicious. Not just beating the WRs by a couple of milliseconds but by multiple seconds, screams to me that he was juiced. 

I'd actually be pretty shocked.

Phelps swam as well as he did because of his freakish body type.  He has a 6'7 wingspan, a long weirdly triangular shaped torso (which wouldn't be a result of doping), short legs, and massive hands and feet.  He's also double jointed at his ankles, elbows, and wrists to boot.

The guy is literally designed to swim.  It doesn't surprise me at all that he dominated like he did.

But who knows.  I'm admittedly a huge fan and stranger things have happened.

12 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I'd actually be pretty shocked.

Phelps swam as well as he did because of his freakish body type.  He has a 6'7 wingspan, a long weirdly triangular shaped torso (which wouldn't be a result of doping), short legs, and massive hands and feet.  He's also double jointed at his ankles, elbows, and wrists to boot.

The guy is literally designed to swim.  It doesn't surprise me at all that he dominated like he did.

But who knows.  I'm admittedly a huge fan and stranger things have happened.

That's true, and while I admit it could no doubt be possible for him to have done it au natural, it was the way he celebrated his wins afterwards. Obviously anyone would have been pumped to have broken the WRs like he did, but I felt there was just something more to it, this one in particular, perhaps it was the added excitement of his team mate's enthusiasm I really don't know:

1SlxrXT.gif

One of the major side effects of PEDs is Emotional Outbursts, and increased aggression.

In reality though the way he has dominated swimming is very much like how Lance Armstrong dominated cycling for many years. 

2 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Just let the roid's be used... Have two different events at the same time:

Juiced Olympics - let's see what technology is capable of. Anything and everything is allowed if they want to get sick and die for a little sports glory that's their choice. All these athletes would be ineligible to play in the Normal Olympics.

Normal Olympics - Make doping actually a punishable by law offence here. If a country wants to be part of it they have to write it into their laws somehow so that there is some teeth to prevent it from happening. If you're caught doping here or aiding and abedding a doper you go to jail and get massive fines. Wanna dope? Sign up for the Juiced Olympics.

I could be wrong but there was a doping expert from China that I saw interviewed that said 100% he was on some sort of PED in Beijing. Could be sour grapes but I don't think so. 

I would compare it to auto racing where you have open wheel racing and stock car racing. 

Always an amusing thought for me, but lawsuit problems for sure.

It seems incredibly easy to tamper with old samples and bust someone who didn't cheat.

Archived