The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mum ‘Creeped Out’ By Delivery Of Her Favourite Foods After One Date

nuckin_futz

I agree with some posters here. The creepy part was that he sent her the food she'd have as a last meal. I would be concerned about that. But if they were just talking about all time favorite meals or a specific type of food or drink that she couldn't live without, and he sent her that, that wouldn't be creepy. The last meal thing basically screamed danger(to me, at least)

35 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I think it's only creepy because she doesn't like him. I'm sure if she was excited about him she would've loved it and invited him over to cook the dinner. 

I know I'm guilty of finding things creepy or off-putting about guys that aren't cute. The same things are flattering with guys I like. It's a horrible double standard. 

Exactly this.

Its a very uncomfortable feeling as a male to really like someone and try not to show it, obviously this guy was a tad overbearing.

I've thought about doing similar things but after one date, no.

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's really not news worthy, but it is discussion worthy. Which is kind of the purpose of the forum, no?

40 years ago this would have been seen as a kind gesture. Now it's seen by some as creepy. In another 40 years will this get you arrested?

Let me rephrase - I'm disgusted it got printed... you're right its discussion worthy

WARNING:

I should probably preface this with a 'please don't ban me for using sarcasm and humor while trying to have an adult conversation"

If you are easily offended, have no sense of humor or lack the ability to have an adult conversation, please do not open the spoiler. And if you feel the need to open it anyways - go to your local Safe Space first...

So... they talked about their "perfect last meal"...

and now the emphasis is on the 2 words "last meal"... with zero context on how or who actually brought up the topic of conversation... honestly, that's actually a great ermm maybe 2nd or 3rd date question... and I think I might start using it myself...

For me personally, from the guys perspective - I sympathize with emphasizing 2 other word-combinations in that sentence... "perfect meal"... so, given no real context on how the night went, other then the apparent "she's not really into him but doesn't have the balls vagina to tell him so" ( http://quotesgram.com/the-best-quotes-from-betty-white/#5388WDWKH4), it's her own fault for leading him on and making him put himself out there in a creative romantic gesture... yes, on this one, I'm totally "victim blaming"

Why isn't the headline "Man buys food for single mother of young child" ? No one even knows what his intentions were...

It's a tough dating world out there for everyone... and if every time a guy does something that is subjectively beneficial to or for a girl, we get this kind of rubbish news promoted in media, things are only going to get tougher for everyone

please now... someone bring up the fact she's a "young single mother" now...

15 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

On a side note do any of you guys have the problem of women your not attracted to falling for you? 

I swear since I've been single again (which I am thoroughly enjoying) I've had multiple (7) women express interest within the last two months. Personally I'm not interested in any of them but I'm more than willing to give them the D. 

The ages of these women range from 24 to 28 to be more precise and one thing I've noticed is a lot of their friends seem to be getting married so is it just an act of desperation? 

Should I take advantage of this opportunity as I normally would and drag em all along or should I be the noble guy and marry them all? Or just tell em I'd rather be friends

I've found that when I didn't give a $&!#, it was so easy.  When they pick up on the vibe of  indifference it's like they can't get over it and next thing you know your options are many.

For the majority of as at most times we may as well be wearing a tee shirt that says desperate in red capitals across the front.

As soon as that vibe is gone you're made.

13 hours ago, Apricot said:

I agree with some posters here. The creepy part was that he sent her the food she'd have as a last meal. I would be concerned about that. But if they were just talking about all time favorite meals or a specific type of food or drink that she couldn't live without, and he sent her that, that wouldn't be creepy. The last meal thing basically screamed danger(to me, at least)

I think even without the "last meal" talk, it's very desperate of this guy to do that, especially if she didn't respond to his earlier request.  If they had gone on the date and both had a great time and both were really into each other, she might appreciate it a little more.  I'm getting the vibe that it was honestly a typical first date where there's some awkward chit chat and light conversation for awhile and then they both say goodnight.  He's probably a nice guy who is trying too hard/getting a little too carried away and maybe couldn't read the situation correctly due to inexperience.  Or maybe he's trying to manipulate her into seeing him again? Who knows.  She might also be partly to blame for not being honest about her intentions (she clearly isn't one to say no to a free lunch).  

Why are you complaining about free food? Is this what society has become? You can no longer give people something they like without it being considered creepy. It was a gesture of kindness.

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

The last meal thing is being blown out here.  This is the only information the guy had to go on about some of her favourite things.

I am with you on this one. I read 'last meal' as just another way of saying favourite meal.

But I should point out I am also really good at ridiculously obsessing over someone I really like  :ph34r:

So I am routing for the guy too ::D 

On 5/17/2016 at 11:41 AM, nuckin_futz said:

She added: "It was a nice enough date but purely platonic. I am fiercely adamant that I want to remain single at the moment. I even have a two-date rule.”

Lindsay now plans to eat the food with her 10-year-old son before deleting and blocking her date’s number from her phone.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/romantic-creepy-mum-sent-tesco-114218906.html

The "last meal" thing could be construed as creepy. Though I doubt she sees it that way as she intends to eat the food with her son. If she was really worried wouldn't she call the cops and let them have it tested for whatever? Plus if you are really worried he's a creeper why would you antagonize him by shaming him (albeit anonymously) on the internet.

If she is "fiercely adamant" that she wants to remain single why is she dating at all? Do the guys know ahead of time she has a two date rule where they'll be shunned afterwards?

The guy sounds like a lonely dolt. Who buys groceries for someone they just met once? Maybe don't assume anything until you get confirmation the date went well by getting a 2nd one. Talk about coming on too strong.

On 2016-05-18 at 6:18 AM, riffraff said:

The last meal thing is being blown out here.  This is the only information the guy had to go on about some of her favourite things.

i hope this guy scores her sister.

How so? She had already decided she didn't want to go out with him again and was putting him off and then he sends her the ingredients of her 'last' meal preferences as discussed on their first 'lunch time' date. (That was for the poster who wondered why she'd go out with a stranger. Lunch date -daytime-public place-being safe)

BTW, that 'last meal' discussion is one often recommended by dating experts as a way to break the ice and make conversation about something 'personal' yet neutral.

Unfortunately, this particular guy took it too far and raised a big red flag by doing so. It may not have been anything more than a 'nice gesture' but it's still over the top and gives off a creepy vibe. One date and then the 'last meal' delivery? Nope, just creepy.

If something had happened to this woman at the hands of this man after she received 'a last meal' order from a casual date, everyone would be saying "OMG, shouldn't that have been a red flag????? Why would she have anything to do with him after that? Serves her right for not listening to her gut/intuition" And yet, she did listen to her gut by not wanting to go out with him again, she receives this 'last meal', comments about it and now according to some here she's over-reacting, being silly, having it suggested she'll remain single because she didn't buy into it. She's an 'attention whore' for even mentioning it publicly, called on the carpet for having LUNCH with a perfect stranger in the first place, like she somehow 'deserves' a creep  doing this That she should have been sent a 'd*ck in a box' instead.

I particularly loved this one: that somehow the guy must have been ugly for her to be creeped out by his actions because you know, cute guys can't possibly be creepy or anything. Or DO anything creepy.

And I had an especially big laugh at the post that insinuates that anyone disagreeing with the post has no sense of humour or is incapable of having an 'adult' conversation. Such hubris.  :lol::lol:

On 2016-05-18 at 0:23 PM, Toews said:

With a two date rule I doubt she told him she was a mother. I bet he wouldn't have called for a second date had he known. 

Assumptions and more assumptions. Men date women with children all the time. Why..... *gasp* they even marry them sometimes. Who knew, eh?

On 2016-05-17 at 2:22 PM, LuckyLuciano said:

Di*k in a box would have sufficed in my opinion

And that says all that needs to be said about the author of the comment right there ^^^^

Archived