The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Police Can Now See You Text a Mile Away

nucklehead

8 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

As the son of an incredibly hard-working and well decorated police officer I find this to be easily one of the most ignorant and offensive posts I've seen on these boards.

Ignore travella, he has an advanced case of stupid.

8 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

As the son of an incredibly hard-working and well decorated police officer I find this to be easily one of the most ignorant and offensive posts I've seen on these boards.

kool good for you no one cares  if your a son of a cop not everyone likes them  including me  

3 hours ago, ABNuck said:

WSM: it used to be rare that people didn't respect the police, nowadays it seems to be the norm. I think it's just another example of people deflecting the anger they feel from their own utter failures in life (if a cop shoots me when I pull a knife on a subway then it's the cop's fault)...total bullcrap! All I can say is, do what we can to help those who's job it is to serve us and protect us. Support the police whenever you can, firemen, paramedics, heck how about even the ticket agent at the airline counter when a flight gets delayed...people can be so disrespectful and ignorant. I guess just look out for yourself and your family and be respectful...maybe we can start a movement inthe opposite direction. Who's with me? A new revolution of respect! Can I get a HELL YEAH!

ya well when chicken $&@?" cops kill polish guys in airports and get away with lying and murder  no one  respects them or when cops  get sexual assault charges  like last week   all while they protect their own   meaning they are criminals that hide behind the law and badge   sorry but im not a fan of our police state we live in  its bs 

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

kool good for you no one cares  if your a son of a cop not everyone likes them  including me  

You cannot speak on behalf of everyone as there are people who do care.

Why do you detest cops so much?  Did you have a bad experience with one?

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya well when chicken $&@?" cops kill polish guys in airports and get away with lying and murder  no one  respects them or when cops  get sexual assault charges  like last week   all while they protect their own   meaning they are criminals that hide behind the law and badge   sorry but im not a fan of our police state we live in  its bs 

Sadly that does happen and it gives the police a bad name.  We cannot use this to justify that ALL cops are bad. 

If you hate cops so much, then who would you call for help when you need it?  Say someone is robbing your home and/or threatening your life or when someone does something wrong with you and that person should pay for the consequences?  Don't we need the police to catch that person so that he/she can be brought before court?  Do you have any sense of justice?

I don't really think the debate is even about if cops are good people or bad people.  People on both sides of the debate seem to make it about that and it really distracts from the real issue and prevents a nuanced debate from taking place.  I think most people know that cops have a difficult job and don't want to harm anyone, and that the police are necessary for public safety. I think the issue lies with the fact that the so-called "bad cops" are more unlikely to be held accountable for their actions, and even the "good cops" play a role in that.  I think certain select police departments also have more issues with poor training/culture of poor behaviour than others.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:00 PM, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Suffering through the sea of idiots that are Calgary drivers on daily basis I am amazed that there are not fatalities daily ? The taigating is like a disease. These fools are like wolves fighting over the last piece of meat when a spot just under a car length opens up beside them while racing to the next red light. Shoulder checks are non existent ?

Many think their new car with cameras and lane merging sensors are the best thing since sliced bread. Guess what It has turned them into useless t i t s with no ability to drive and think for themselves. I have seen more people run over garbage cans, parking blocks, kids bikes, pets : (  etc in the last ten years than in my entire life of driving.  The complete and utter laziness of society is a major contributing factor to much of what happens on Canadian roads.

The ethnic drivers have adopted road rage and while utterly comedic to listen and watch it is a very disturbing trend among new out of country drivers.  The driving schools are filled with teachers from other countries ? teaching new citizens how to drive ? LMAO !  Their lack of spacial awareness is mind boggling ?  Sure I understand that it takes time to fully grasp how to drive in other countries, but when you have the blind leading the blind what do you expect ?

Gutless doesn't even begin to describe these people. I had an East Indian lady saying "No habla ingles" to me while I rolled down the window to ask her to at least lube my a55 up before she drives right up in it.   These people are truly lower forms of life. No regard for their own life let alone those around them.

Commercial drivers are at the mercy of these suicide drivers who are clearly insane or want to die and take as many out with them as possible when they feel they have been wronged on the road.  Fours ways ?  Ha ! That is an invitation for an MMA showdown.  Road courtesy is a lost art never to be seen again.

Many have no concept they are operating a loaded weapon in their incompetent hands/control. 

The province is to blame 1000%. They allow these complete morons to operate vehicles. They dont ticket tailgating unless it was during an accident ? They photo radar us instead of setting up cameras to investigate and maybe modify and change high risk areas and intersections.  They literally allow a rolling POS to be driven that would not pass inspection 15 years ago ?  The system is very broken, people truly suck and cars in general are crappy plastic gutless wagons, with more blind spots than an NHL referees eyes.

Buckle up Canada and keep your head on a swivel or you just might find yourself upside down on the side of the road becasue some scum bag needed to be in front of you.

Are you in Calgary also? Yeah I have noticed a definite decline in driver courtesy over the 18 or so years I've been here. The taligating drives me nuts, as does the merge from 14th St to Glenmore.

On 5/19/2016 at 1:24 AM, canuktravella said:

Looking at your avatar, you look like the first person that I'd picture in the back of a police cruiser.

On May 24, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Rocky Balboa said:

Looking at your avatar, you look like the first person that I'd picture in the back of a police cruiser.

good  your opinion  is another i care lil for  the fact that cops are a certain type of people the ones the never mattered in highschool  and power trip because they have tiny peckers   its like mall security guard paul blart pure losers. Cops in canada just screw everyone over  speeding tickets to make their quota so they get paid their salary   and if they cant get you on a speeding ticket they will look at everything on your vehicle this one pig even tried to see if my tint was legal  which it was he was so pissed he couldnt givd me a ticket. Also the cops protect their own  the criminals rcmp personal that tasered that polish guy in the airport  should be in jail for murder and they dont deserve any respect. Actually canada is  becoming more and more a place i dont wanna live i dont agree with being turned into a slave and having corrupt politicuans sell us out to china or a country that gives money to countries like turkey that continually perpetrate genocide on kurds or are allies with saudis who funded 9/11. 

On 2016-05-24 at 2:56 PM, babych said:

Are you in Calgary also? Yeah I have noticed a definite decline in driver courtesy over the 18 or so years I've been here. The taligating drives me nuts, as does the merge from 14th St to Glenmore.

Yup in Cowtown,  the merge from Country hills south onto Deerfoot can be a complete gong show at the drop of a hat.  It is the slow guttless cars that need to stay off the freeway if they cannot maintain highway speeds confidently.    The only real solution is to just move I think lol.

On 5/25/2016 at 4:58 PM, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Stopped reading as soon as you mentioned quotas. These quotas don't exist, it's one of the most ridiculous and overblown myths around.

Weird. I've discussed this with numerous cops and all admit quotas are a part of the job. 

On 05/19/2016 at 0:55 AM, SaintPatrick33 said:

Distracted and impaired drivers are at risk of committing murder, and deserve to be treated as such. 

You can't legislate away accidents. .

We can't keep dulling down life by overstructuring everything 

Over structure causes boredom.  Boredom causes drug use.  Drug use causes over doses and death.  So you are committing murder by over structuring society

1 hour ago, LolClarkson said:

Yep.  The speed limit is too low.  Thats why ppl text .  I'll keep texting and driving.  I don't care

Would you feel the same if someone texting and speeding ended up killing a loved one?

And that same person shows no remorse and laughs about it?

Archived