The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Egypt Air flight vanishes off radar

Humans are truly the architects of our own demise.

It truly shows the gutlessness of these turds to go after those with no hope of defending themselves. They're no better than the massive state sponsored military machines that incur and accept collateral damage.

Leave the innocent out of it, and please just remove each other from the equation.

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not a pilot, just an aviation follower. But the logic of climbing makes no sense. If one of your engines was on fire you'd climb to starve the fire of oxygen to put it out. But if your fuselage was compromised by a bomb, wouldn't you go into a shallow dive to get below 12,000 feet so that you can breathe without assistance? Provided of course you could still fly, and you were still in control of the aircraft.

Given the profit motive of most airlines, it's possible that it was lack of maintenance, or faulty replacement (i.e. knockoffs) parts.

If a large part of the plane is suddenly disconnected from the rest of the plane, the plane will rise because the  flaps and power are set to keep (eg) 35,000lbs at a certain altitude  not say 20,000 lbs. Happens when military or fire fighting water bombers drop their cargo.

16 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It disappeared means it crashed guys. The plane was observed climbing at 37k feet immediately before "disappearing", likely due to explosion on board. 

They recently fired 74 people from Paris Airport due to "terror" links. Not a huge surprise if this was a terrorist act.

CNN guest gave examples of other planes lost to an explosion which climbed immediately before disappearing off the radar. 

Basically immediately after an explosion onboard the plane climbs or pilots try to make the plane climb to keep it in air. 

It should be very early morning there now, "day break" , so the wreckage will be found over the next little while with help of daylight. 

And to put out fires.  Structurally, the planes pretty much fall to pieces, allowing for all the bodies - still strapped to their seats - to be spread over a vast area. Hopefully, the recovery teams can locate them all quickly, while they are still floating.

"We stand corrected on finding the wreckage because what we identified is not a part of our plane," Adel told the news organization. "So the search and rescue is still going on."

Debris found Thursday in the Mediterranean Sea was not from an EgyptAir flight that vanished from radar en route from Paris to Cairo early Thursday, an airline official said.

Ahmed Adel, EgyptAir vice chairman, told CNN Thursday that a statement he made earlier to the network was not accurate.

"We stand corrected on finding the wreckage because what we identified is not a part of our plane," Adel told the news organization. "So the search and rescue is still going on."

Adel's statement added to the mounting questions as to what happened to the Airbus 320 that was carrying 56 passengers and 10 crew members, and turned global attention back to the prospect of potential terrorism.

Earlier, Greek officials disputed Egypt's claim that Greek authorities found floating wreckage, including two life vests, from an EgyptAir flight carrying 66 people that crashed into the Mediterranean early Thursday en route from Paris to Cairo.

EgyptAir said the Egyptian foreign ministry confirmed in a letter to the Cairo government that Greek searchers found the debris near the Greek island of Karpathos. But within an hour of that report, Athanassios Binis, head of Greece’s Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board, told state ERT TV that “an assessment of the finds showed that they do not belong to an aircraft.”

Binis said the determination was confirmed by Egyptian authorities, according to the Associated Press. There was no immediate response or clarification from EgyptAir.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/19/reports-egyptair-flight-may-have-crashed-over-mediterranean-sea/84579066/

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Take your own advice. That comment clearly rattled :lol:

Nope. I'd commend originality if that was there but there's a million of you on reddit, if not more. I'm just impressed that you think it's an original contribution in any way. Pity.

2 hours ago, Flume said:

Nope. I'd commend originality if that was there but there's a million of you on reddit, if not more. I'm just impressed that you think it's an original contribution in any way. Pity.

I never said that nor implied I thought it was in any way. You're trying way too hard.

42 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

FD has a tendency to do that.

What's an FD?

I apologize for the derailment. Thread focus should be on the topic, not the asinine posts here and there. Not your strong suite from what I've seen in my time here with your reckless confrontation in nearly every thread you stick your head into. You'll learn.

Egypt sure has been under fire for the plane crashes happening there recently. It's almost as if someone is deliberately trying to ruin the tourism industry over there. I hope it doesn't turn into another MH370 because that was traumatizing enough for the families. It's been two years and they still don't really have any closure as to what happened. My thoughts go out to the families of the passengers on MS804.

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

hmm. i always had a feeling that flume was a dupe account

;)

Hopefully there is news soon. I can't even begin to imagine what those families are going through right now. And of course, the political ramifications could be huge if/when the cause of the crash is discovered.

8 hours ago, gurn said:

If a large part of the plane is suddenly disconnected from the rest of the plane, the plane will rise because the  flaps and power are set to keep (eg) 35,000lbs at a certain altitude  not say 20,000 lbs. Happens when military or fire fighting water bombers drop their cargo.

That would be the wing or tail surfaces failures yes and provided you're getting thrust? Big difference dumping cargo or water and your fuselage compromised. 

Archived