The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

I loved working there..its been a long time and I have forgotten many things...when I was there they built that mall right across the street...I had a lot of firsts in Rupert...it was very good place to learn..

after you left chtk there was a girl started announcing there,  my wife and i went to hi school with her , gloria makerenko.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, chon derry said:

after you left chtk there was a girl started announcing there,  my wife and i went to hi school with her , gloria makerenko.

yes.. I know Gloria,, she was Miss PNE  and she is a very good broadcaster..met her in 1986 - 87...we were judges together for some band function at a club.

Bill Good jr.. got his start at CHTK as well...there were quite a few that went through its doors..Roy Last was the station manager when I was there and Iona Campagnola the  former Lieutenant Governor was the sales manager.

• Upvote 1
Just now, ShakyWalton said:

yes.. I know Gloria,, she was Miss PNE  and she is a very good broadcaster..met her in 1986 - 87...we were judges together for some band function at a club.

Bill Good jr.. got his start at CHTK as well...there were quite a few that went through its doors..Roy Last was the station manager when I was there and Iona Campagnola the  former Lieutenant Governor was the sales manager.

roy lasts sons are the brothers i was talkin about one was good and one was a haywire roy had pet names for them he'd mention on air , ya gloria and my wife are friends glories mother hung around with my dads crew way back in the day. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Crankin' out some of these guys' live stuff for a least a few hours today.

Just reading that Gord Downey was diagnosed with brain cancer in December.

eta... just noticed your thread on this.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Just reading that Gord Downey was diagnosed with brain cancer in December.

eta... just noticed your thread on this.

Bad news that will affect people, in some capacity, from coast to coast. 

Incidentally, the video I posted has one of the better live versions of Get Back Again that I've come across. Like many songs, I always found it too slow on any of their recorded versions. 

I wonder why some artists don't just up the tempo of their studio tunes a little to give it a bit more energy.

Edited by Green Building
  • Upvote 1

The Collectors from 1968..with Howie Vickers,,Claire Lawrence,,Bill Henderson and the late Glen Miller....previously the C-FUN Classics and also the forerunner of Chilliwack...the poster art is from Burnabys Bob Masse..who did so many classic rock posters back in the day..Bob lives on Saltspring Island now..google him for a trip down memory lane....

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

The Collectors from 1968..with Howie Vickers,,Claire Lawrence,,Bill Henderson and the late Glen Miller....previously the C-FUN Classics and also the forerunner of Chilliwack...the poster art is from Burnabys Bob Masse..who did so many classic rock posters back in the day..Bob lives on Saltspring Island now..google him for a trip down memory lane....

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

after the "opus x album i made my own best of chilliwack tape given i have every album they put out ,and then they came out with one ,lol  mine was more complete. very north west feel to this music!

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 1

One of my favorite "fun" songs.  Just so upbeat, it's hard to not to feel better after listening.

@ShakyWalton, thanks for starting this up, this was a great idea.  When I lived in Canada, the content rules drove me nuts, as it just didn't seem right with some stuff getting airtime just because the artist was Canadian.  But when you consider how we got exposed to so much good music that we might have missed out on, the concept isn't all bad.  Listening to Lydia Purple again just blew me away... I can't even remember the last time I heard that.

It sure is nice to be able to dive into Youtube once in a while, and listen to stuff decades old that you don't get to hear much anymore (or not at all south of the border).  I get good mileage out of my Doug and the Slugs and Powder Blues CDs, and being able to buy digital music makes it easy to gather up all the old faves I couldn't afford when I was younger.

• Upvote 1