The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

LOL at the fact that this brings back fond memories for me.

My brother was the biggest AC fan and we used to drag the stereo out on the deck at the parent's house....we'd grab a ladder and climb up to the roof and hang out there in the sunshine.  Have a "smoke", friends would come over/up there.

One day we heard the needle on the record player SCCCRRRRRRATCH across the record (yep) and this song ended abruptly.  Our neighbour (who obviously didn't like our taste in music) came right into our house, marched upstairs and out to the deck and ripped the needle off the record.  We crawled down from the roof and had "words" with her, then she stomped home and called the police.  They came over, talked to us and then went over to her place and charged her for entering our home!   :towel:

The original Karen.

(and we were awful neighbours but we were teenagers having fun)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, debluvscanucks said:

LOL at the fact that this brings back fond memories for me.

My brother was the biggest AC fan and we used to drag the stereo out on the deck at the parent's house....we'd grab a ladder and climb up to the roof and hang out there in the sunshine.  Have a "smoke", friends would come over/up there.

One day we heard the needle on the record player SCCCRRRRRRATCH across the record (yep) and this song ended abruptly.  Our neighbour (who obviously didn't like our taste in music) came right into our house, marched upstairs and out to the deck and ripped the needle off the record.  We crawled down from the roof and had "words" with her, then she stomped home and called the police.  They came over, talked to us and then went over to her place and charged her for entering our home!   :towel:

The original Karen.

(and we were awful neighbours but we were teenagers having fun)

I see I was in the wrong thread again up there.  lol

These are local locals. (Roddy's from Richmond)

• Like 1