The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blackhawks sign Michal Kempny

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

His last year proved to me that he's nothing special.

The year with Toronto? Or his last year with Detroit? With Detroit you have an old, really old core and no elite player anymore besides zetterberg. He did amazing with what he had. With Toronto he was handed an AHL team and no coach can do anything with that.

Just now, The Great 8 said:

The year with Toronto? Or his last year with Detroit? With Detroit you have an old, really old core and no elite player anymore besides zetterberg. He did amazing with what he had. With Toronto he was handed an AHL team and no coach can do anything with that.

We can talk about it via PM if you'd like. I don't want to hijack the thread. 

Just now, cripplereh said:

Can never have enough good to decent D men but think we have enough as is so not to surprising he did not sign with us!

we can always use more ! we did finish near the bottom of the league didn't we?

15 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hawks don't have a lot of depth on the blueline.  Kempny goes to a strong team where he'll be given a chance to make a contribution.  Good fit for both sides.

You mean because they only have Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson?

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

You mean because they only have Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson?

It's the best top three in the league but Quenville doesn't really trust anyone else in the playoffs.  There's room for someone to step up and claim an important role.

Canucks need some good news. I was happy when they signed Stecher, thought that was a small victory for them. And also happy they signed Demko. But then expected Caggiula to also sign, and he chose EDM instead. Now Kempny decides to sign with CHI. Is there any chance Boeser decides not to sign with VAN as well? I don't blame the players, they want to play on a winner or soon to be winner, not on a team starting their rebuild. Love that we're getting a 5th overall this year, but it'll take time for these picks to come to fruition. Hopefully Benning can sign a big UFA or two to make the team competitive next season.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks need some good news. I was happy when they signed Stecher, thought that was a small victory for them. And also happy they signed Demko. But then expected Caggiula to also sign, and he chose EDM instead. Now Kempny decides to sign with CHI. Is there any chance Boeser decides not to sign with VAN as well? I don't blame the players, they want to play on a winner or soon to be winner, not on a team starting their rebuild. Love that we're getting a 5th overall this year, but it'll take time for these picks to come to fruition. Hopefully Benning can sign a big UFA or two to make the team competitive next season.

A UFA European signing with a team that is a better fit for him has no bearing on our chances of signing our own first rounder.

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

A UFA European signing with a team that is a better fit for him has no bearing on our chances of signing our own first rounder.

This. Every team in the league misses out on free agents they want to sign. It has no bearing on our ability to sign our drafted players - even if you ignore significant facts that point to Boeser turning pro after his 2nd or 3rd year in college and not making it the full 4 years to ever get to UFA.

We were in on him, but we'll be in on any number of others. Hell, the whole league is in on Shipachyov, so whoever doesn't sign him must be in for a tough time with their drafted college players by the previous poster's logic.

Archived