The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Ari

Seems like MTL really like PLD. lets assume they get the 4th overall in some sort of Subban deal. 

Arizona was linked to wanting arizona hometown boy Austin Matthews. They won't get him but there is another hometown kid that could be available at our pick number 5 (Matthew Tkachuk)

To Van:

7th overall+ 20th Overall

To Ari:

5th overall+ 33rd overall

Van then drafts

Jakub Chychrun at 7 

Dante Fabbro at 20

our Blue line is set for the future.

12 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Because Which D would Ari Trade to EDM for 4th overall? thats all EDM wants. THey will not trade OEL. 

Well edmonton would then get a 7th OA to draft a D instead of being at #4 where you almost have to draft a forward

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well edmonton would then get a 7th OA to draft a D instead of being at #4 where you almost have to draft a forward

The problem is that EDM wants a D that can Perform for them now. they have enough prospects. they are more likely willing to trade the 4th outright for a good young ish (23-27) range rather than trade to downgrade their pick and draft a D. 

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

The problem is that EDM wants a D that can Perform for them now. they have enough prospects. they are more likely willing to trade the 4th outright for a good young ish (23-27) range rather than trade to downgrade their pick and draft a D. 

Well then lets trade them Edler and a 3rd for the#4 pick and then trade down to #7

Just now, Alflives said:

They will want Tanev.

And sadly, I would probably trade him. Tanev is a great defensive defensemen but we need some offence on the back end in the years to come. Edmonton would have to throw in a little though, 3rd round pick maybe.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

And sadly, I would probably trade him. Tanev is a great defensive defensemen but we need some offence on the back end in the years to come. Edmonton would have to throw in a little though, 3rd round pick maybe.

Is Tanev's stock any higher than right now - at this draft?  If we could get the Oiler's top pick, then we could take Tkatchuk and Dubois.  

6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

ya a Tkatchuk-Dubois-Boeser line in 2 years sounds pretty nice! But we need to get a number one-two D prospect soon so that he can mature and become a great player for us

Hutton and Tanev make a very good top pairing.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Arizona has already said that they are looking at defenseman in this draft. They desperately need a top 4 LD, which they can get with one of the 3 defenseman in this draft.

Or do they trade with the Oilers to get a local boy in Tkatchuk?  Their GM was on 1040 a week ago and he like Matthews and Tkatchuk and openly said it was good local talent was going so high in this draft.   It was on the ?Sekeres and Price show within the last two weeks.  

I said the exact same trade on someones status a week ago. Great minds think alike :P

But yeah this trade would only work if Edmonton didn't take Tkachuk and PLD isn't available for us to pick. It would be a great scenario IMO. Others also aid Fabbro wouldn't be available at 20th but I think it would be worth it to trade up to get him. I get the feeling that he's going to be among the best D from this draft. 

Either way if this went down I think we would probably be set on D and could focus on our forward group

Jakob Chychrun-Dante Fabbro 

Ben Hutton-Troy Stecher 

That would be pretty good IMO. (Chychrun is super undervalued. GMs will be kicking themselves when he turns out to be another Aaron Ekblad)

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well then lets trade them Edler and a 3rd for the#4 pick and then trade down to #7

Let's face it folks, when Edler is good he's great but he's very inconsistent, it was only 3 seasons ago he had the worst +\- in the league, I watched most of the games last year, he's a give away machine, I highly doubt Edler and a third rounder would get us that #4 pick..

Archived