Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicklas Bo Hunter

(Proposal) Van-Ari

I think Edmonton would be stupid to stay at 4 and take a defenceman - there's just no clear cut # 1 D.

Much wiser for them to take either Tkachuk or Dubois and trade an existing roster player (Eberle, RNH, Yak, etc) for an established defenceman who can play for them now.  Or if they get a great package offer, trade down to another team and gain assets/a defenceman etc.  The other team would then of course takes Dubois or Tkachuk.

Either way, we get the leftovers.  

I'd be really surprised if one of the D gets taken at pick # 4.

If we traded down I would do one D man and one forward..we may have another D posting up next year hopefully or we could use some cap and get a ufa D man for @ 5 mill give or take.

A top forward would help our top 6 hopefully.

Plus these two additions would be bonafide first rounders in this draft.

6 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Seems like MTL really like PLD. lets assume they get the 4th overall in some sort of Subban deal. 

Arizona was linked to wanting arizona hometown boy Austin Matthews. They won't get him but there is another hometown kid that could be available at our pick number 5 (Matthew Tkachuk)

To Van:

7th overall+ 20th Overall

To Ari:

5th overall+ 33rd overall

Van then drafts

Jakub Chychrun at 7 

Dante Fabbro at 20

our Blue line is set for the future.

Where is this Subban trade. He just gave MTL a hospital. A player like Subban goes beyond hockey and is a corner stone to the community. 

and you had me a Dante Fabbro.

Love the trade.

But I don't know if Arizona makes this trade.

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

And sadly, I would probably trade him. Tanev is a great defensive defensemen but we need some offence on the back end in the years to come. Edmonton would have to throw in a little though, 3rd round pick maybe.

Yeah lets trade our 26 yr old, World Championship standout, top pairing defensemen, for a pick that may or may not make the NHL and ceiling is likely the same as Tanevs, but with more offense. 

Not to mention this team is likely the worst team in the league without Tanev, unless we sign a big UFA D

12 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Seems like MTL really like PLD. lets assume they get the 4th overall in some sort of Subban deal. 

Arizona was linked to wanting arizona hometown boy Austin Matthews. They won't get him but there is another hometown kid that could be available at our pick number 5 (Matthew Tkachuk)

To Van:

7th overall+ 20th Overall

To Ari:

5th overall+ 33rd overall

Van then drafts

Jakub Chychrun at 7 

Dante Fabbro at 20

our Blue line is set for the future.

This is a good trade, and has a potential to happen.  Good post OP.