The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

2 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

No matter how much some of you hate canuck fans and the CDC it doesn't make this a good deal.

Yes, we needed a RHD but Benning got fleeced in the process. 

... says that guy until he sees a few TRYAMKIN - GUDBRANSON crushing hits...

The Canucks just got a whole lot tougher.

Few things.

1.We now have one of the biggest defence in the league.

2. Dubois will absolutely replace Jared McCann. It is even much more evident we'll draft him.

3. McCann had the likes of Horvat, Sutter, Granlund, Vey, even H.Sedin to battle with. His chances of making it out of camp next year are severely low. 

4. Florida fans think we've won this trade easily. 

5. Gudbranson is right handed. Alongside Edler, they can be an effective line. A twoway day, and a defensive defenceman, clears the crease, aggresive, shot blocker, and punishing. 

6. This might suggest that Hamhuis will be hitting UFA most likely. (Edler/Gudbranson, Hutton/Tanev, Sbisa/Tryamkin).

7. We kinda needed to give up our 2nd bc Gudbranson was a former 3rd overall pick, only 24, he's got a lot of room to grow. We kind of had to give up the 2nd for him which is worth it. We can easily acquire a 2nd rounder via trade. We have the pieces to do that. And really, a 4th and a 5th round swap is nothing to be afraid of. 

Really, I think this trade, we have the slightest advantage. 

We just acquired a slightly better version of Sbisa except we paid a much higher price.

Benning will do much more harm to this team making trades than he ever will do good from drafting.

We need better scouts and a GM that can make good trades, not one that is only good at scouting.

Just when I thought this would be a good offseason for us...

8 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Tryamkin on one pairing, and Gudbranson on another.. this d corps is looking tough for once. 

Edler - Tanev

Gudbranson - Sbisa

Hutton - Tyamkin

Still hope Hammer comes back.  

Tough yes, but an issue I see is where is the back end offence going to come from? I don't think Edler is enough....Canucks look like there are geared up for a 1-0 or 2-1 games.

Loving this trade. We really needed someone solid to pair up with Hutton.

It's great how Benning knows enough about scouting to know that 95% of draft picks end up busting, always amazes me how few in the league seem to understand this point. We have the 5th overall, you don't trade that pick, but any other pick is about as valuable as a bag of pucks.

8 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

People are upset with this trade now. Wait until you see the extension Benning is going to give him.

10 years, 100 million 

:lol::bigblush:

6 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Come back in a week when you have a calm mind because Gudbranson  bkrings physicality to our defense and also HE'S RIGHT HANDED!

So, he's another Sbisa, except Sbisa is a left-handed defensemen playing in the right side.

Tryamkin is another physical specimen.

Edler from time-to-time, will lay the body.

Gudbranson is good. I don't mind the deal, works for both teams. That bring said he overpaid a little but what's new. 

Should be a wrecking force along side the franchise Luca SBISA! 

WEST COAST WRECKING CREW BABY 

Great trade! Gudbranson is exactly what we need a right handed beast of a top 4 defenceman who is only 24 years old and has 6 years of league experience.

If we resign Hamhuis our D core actually looks great

Edler- Tanev

Hamhuis- Gudbranson

Hutton- Tryamkin

Sbisa- Larsen

Pedan

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We just acquired a slightly better version of Sbisa except we paid a much higher price.

Benning will do much more harm to this team making trades than he ever will do good from drafting.

We need better scouts and a GM that can make good trades, not one that is only good at scouting.

Just when I thought this would be a good offseason for us...

Your player assessment is garbage for someone who parrots the youth movement around here. 

Archived