The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

Just now, shiznak said:

So, he's another Sbisa, except Sbisa is a left-handed defensemen playing in the right side.

Tryamkin is another physical specimen.

Edler from time-to-time, will lay the body.

He clears the puck, he's skilled. And most importantly doesn't fall on his ass. He also stands up for his teammates and had the leadership role in Florida.

Whether this trade works out or not, I just don't get Benning seeming to change his mind so often about players.

Pick up Bonino, season later gone

Pick up Bartkowski, let him walk as a UFA

Select McCann in the first round and sing his praises as a rookie, yup, traded...

Just now, MayRayDown said:

And you don't think Yakupov would fetch McCann, 2nd and a 4th... what exactly is your point?

You do? :lol: 

And my point was clear - just because he was drafted 3rd overall six years back doesn't justify giving this much up for him.. 

This definitely made us better. But arent we overpaying teams a bit.

This will solidify our top 4

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Gudbranson right now is a top 3-4 defenseman and could be a top 2 for us in the future. HES JUST 24 PEOPLE.

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

... says that guy until he sees a few TRYAMKIN - GUDBRANSON crushing hits...

The Canucks just got a whole lot tougher.

I don't hate the player, I don't like the trade. 

I'm sure he will be fine but it doesn't change the fact that we paid too much. 

As I said before. Please for the love of god stop trading prospects and picks. I like Gudbranson but this trade is absolutely awful for where this franchise is. Where the &^@# are the goals going to come from? And adding our 33rd overall? This team is destined to stay mediocre for a very long time

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Your player assessment is garbage for someone who parrots the youth movement around here. 

You're telling me McCann and the 33rd couldn't have got us a better defenseman than Gudbranson?

We'll never learn making trades with Florida. Players always look better in that division.

His foot speed will be exposed playing teams in the West.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Great trade! Gudbranson is exactly what we need a right handed beast of a top 4 defenceman who is only 24 years old and has 6 years of league experience.

If we resign Hamhuis our D core actually looks great

Edler- Tanev

Hamhuis- Gudbranson

Hutton- Tryamkin

Sbisa- Larsen

Pedan

It's unlikely that they sign Hamhuis.  

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Tryamkin

Larsen, Biega as extras

and Pedan in Utica

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Great trade! Gudbranson is exactly what we need a right handed beast of a top 4 defenceman who is only 24 years old and has 6 years of league experience.

If we resign Hamhuis our D core actually looks great

Edler- Tanev

Hamhuis- Gudbranson

Hutton- Tryamkin

Sbisa- Larsen

Pedan

We need an offensive defenceman, someone Ehroff-like

In an era where mobile defensemen are dominating the league the Canucks might field a defensive corp including: Sbisa, Tyramkin, and Gudbranson (possibly Pedan). I understand having a guy or two with size and grit for certain circumstances (PK, against certain teams, etc) but that many guys on one defense core is not going to bode well in a faster more skilled league. 

Because Lucas Johansen obviously doesn't have a higher ceiling than Gudbranson

Developing players is obviously not a huge must have for this team.

You know, why even bother drafting and developing right?  I mean this club didn't just spend tens of millions over the last 5 years buying a team, building a development program for nothing.  We didn't hire what is or was supposed to be the pinnacle of scouting excellence as GM to build this club from the ground up

Nope, instead we need Floridas B defensive player, their potential top 4 guy.

Sorry.  I can see why and where this move takes this club, and it MIGHT pan out in the long run, but seriously, our 2nd this year with the players slated to be within 8 spots of 33rd is absolutely laughable.  Because out of the 8 slated in that area easily 4 of them have a higher potential ceiling than Gudbranson

Decent move for making a moves sake, but wow...short sighted, so VERY short sighted....

Archived