The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

14 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Also wanted to add, hockey is a business. I dont care if you worked hard to get up. If a team wants you, and they offer a deal that Benning likes, you take it. 

We all know hockey is a business and the players also understand it. 

Yea hockey is a business but there's also a respect factor. Hansen's contract and for the amount of work and effort he puts in night in night out is a steal of a deal. I wouldn't trade that away just for a draft pick who might not even pan out.

I really hope Hansen isn't traded for a pick. At best he would bring a late 1st. The majority of late 1st's will never be as good as Hansen is. Jensen, Gaunce, Shink, Schredder, I wouldn't take all of them for one Honey badger let alone just one.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Yea hockey is a business but there's also a respect factor. Hansen's contract and for the amount of work and effort he puts in night in night out is a steal of a deal. I wouldn't trade that away just for a draft pick who might not even pan out.

This is prob a diff scenario but I want to know your opinion on this. 

What do you think of the maple leafs model. The model where you sign them to 1-2 year deal and then trade them at the TDL for draft picks. 

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Because there's actual hockey games to play. 

This isn't just some exercise in collecting assets. And as pointed out the chances of that 2nd turning in to something as good as Hansen, even in~5 years, is quite low. 

He's worth more to the team playing for us than we'd get back in trade. 

Or perhaps we can maybe package him in a deal. I dont know. Only Benning knows. 

Speaking of which, anyone down to trade Miller at the TDL? I dont know if teams want it but maybe if a team offers a decent offer maybe take it? 

1 hour ago, Sweathog said:

Trading Hansen? Only for a massive overpayment, he's too valuable to us otherwise. A 20g tenacious defender that can play up and down the lineup should not be let go of easily.

15th overall pick or higher and I think the Canucks should consider it, if not then it's in the team's best interest to keep him. I don't see a GM offering that kind of deal for Hansen, so it's highly unlikely  (in my opinion) they trade him.

I love Hansen but if you're offered a top 15 pick for him you take it and laugh all the way to the bank. 

43 minutes ago, Pears said:

I love Hansen but if you're offered a top 15 pick for him you take it and laugh all the way to the bank. 

What team would offer a top fifteen for Hansen?  Not a chance that ever happens. He's worth a late second and a third at tops.  IMHAO.

25 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

This is prob a diff scenario but I want to know your opinion on this. 

What do you think of the maple leafs model. The model where you sign them to 1-2 year deal and then trade them at the TDL for draft picks. 

That would only work for guys who want a 1 year contract to prove themselves to the league (aka Shawn Matthias, PA Parenteau). Guys who basically don't have any other option due to their poor performance in previous years and the only team bothering to offer them a contract is a team like Toronto. I personally don't like it because it's kind of operating in bad faith but if both player and management agree and are upfront about it, then so be it. Smart move but otherwise it's something I wouldn't want to do otherwise..

But I can see where Toronto is coming from mainly because they don't have any prospects that can come in to play right away based on last season. Marner and Nylander definitely needed more time in junior and the AHL and outside of those two, they had nobody else. Nobody was ready to play 3rd/4th line minutes so signing those guys to 1 year deals pretty much allowed their prospects to develop.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What team would offer a top fifteen for Hansen?  Not a chance that ever happens. He's worth a late second and a third at tops.  IMHAO.

Jannik Hansen brings move value to the team than he does in a trade. Unless he is packaged with another player, there is no point in trading him.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jannik Hansen brings move value to the team than he does in a trade. Unless he is packaged with another player, there is no point in trading him.

I think it depends if he gets us a second and a third, and which groups of players JB has listed in those spots as potential picks.  If we could get Girard and Benson, then Hansen is GONE.  BYE BYE

3 hours ago, coryberg said:

More proven than Hansen? 

More proven than the prospect.

And a possibility that those players will be top 6 or top 4 players. Kind of like how we swapped McCann for Gudbranson.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think it depends if he gets us a second and a third, and which groups of players JB has listed in those spots as potential picks.  If we could get Girard and Benson, then Hansen is GONE.  BYE BYE

If Hansen can get us Benson <3 

I would pull dat trigger 

52 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I would pull dat trigger 

I agree.  Button has Benson ranked late second round.  That would be exactly where a top team would be picking.  If Hansen was to be traded, it would be very likely he goes to one of the teams that believes they are close - a top team with a pick near the bottom of the second round.  Do it now JB!!!!  Get it done!!!  Alf and DontMessMe have spoken!!!:lol:

do you think he heard us?:rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree.  Button has Benson ranked late second round.  That would be exactly where a top team would be picking.  If Hansen was to be traded, it would be very likely he goes to one of the teams that believes they are close - a top team with a pick near the bottom of the second round.  Do it now JB!!!!  Get it done!!!  Alf and DontMessMe have spoken!!!:lol:

do you think he heard us?:rolleyes:

ahahahaha. Thats interesting. I always thought he would be a early 2nd to mid 2nd round pick. 

Benning get us some more draft picks!!! 

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

I would pull dat trigger 

Suggestion: why don't you go to the armchairs forum, and make a Hansen trade proposal so we don't have to listen to you peddling him in every other thread on CDC.

26 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

ahahahaha. Thats interesting. I always thought he would be a early 2nd to mid 2nd round pick. 

Benning get us some more draft picks!!! 

Bye Bye Hansen!  Bye Bye Edler!  Bye Bye Markstrom!  Bye Bye Gaunce!  Bye Bye Baer!  Bye Bye 5th overall. Hello ????????

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bye Bye Hansen!  Bye Bye Edler!  Bye Bye Markstrom!  Bye Bye Gaunce!  Bye Bye Baer!  Bye Bye 5th overall. Hello ????????

U can say bye bye to hansen and edler and maybe gaunce. I like bear cheese and that 5th OA. 

33 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

I trade Hansen for a 15th overall or better this year, otherwise, keep him

Looks like we're keeping him. Hes not worth 15thOA. 

21 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

He is if you trade him at the deadline for a team battling for a playoff spot that ultimately finishes 15th.

That's when you have the best shot at landing a higher pick for him.

28 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

U can say bye bye to hansen and edler and maybe gaunce. I like bear cheese and that 5th OA. 

Would you still like Baer is we traded him along with pick 20 for pick 12?  (Assuming we get 7 and 20 from Arizona.

Archived