The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not my job to make those calls, it's managments. And they made a bad one. ;)

Also, your obsession with me has gone from flattering to just stalker-ish. 

Is it your job to smugly look down on everything they do, regardless of the outcome?  I don't know how much more thoroughly someone can hammer home an argument, but sure, you get the points, for some reason. 

1 minute ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Is it your job to smugly look down on everything they do, regardless of the outcome?  I don't know how much more thoroughly someone can hammer home an argument, but sure, you get the points, for some reason. 

Management is open to all public criticism, that's the life of a GM.

Don't see the difference between this and every other poster criticizing every trade and draft pick. It's all hindsight for sure, but it's what will make up the GM's body of work in the end.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Management is open to all public criticism, that's the life of a GM.

Don't see the difference between this and every other poster criticizing every trade and draft pick. It's all hindsight for sure, but it's what will make up the GM's body of work in the end.

But you are going to speak just as confidently about the next thing.  Maybe McCann would have had a bad year and not been able to buy us a Dman.  It's utter speculation, and yeah, that is fine, but there is a certain tone of smug certainty that is unfair considering that comes not only with hindsight, but with also with conjecture.  We really don't know if sending him down was the right choice.  We knew he looked good and that there were 19 yr olds all over the league. 

It's true that a GM's legacy is open to criticism after the fact, but you have to be a little more fair about the context of the decisions.  For example, Gillis did hurt us by leaving the cupboard bare, but the context of being a contender has to be noted.  In this case, the need to accelerate development has to be taken into account.  In any case, we sold high, not low. 

1 minute ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

But you are going to speak just as confidently about the next thing.  Maybe McCann would have had a bad year and not been able to buy us a Dman.  It's utter speculation, and yeah, that is fine, but there is a certain tone of smug certainty that is unfair considering that comes not only with hindsight, but with also with conjecture.  We really don't know if sending him down was the right choice.  We knew he looked good and that there were 19 yr olds all over the league. 

It's true that a GM's legacy is open to criticism after the fact, but you have to be a little more fair about the context of the decisions.  For example, Gillis did hurt us by leaving the cupboard bare, but the context of being a contender has to be noted.  In this case, the need to accelerate development has to be taken into account.  In any case, we sold high, not low. 

It's no different than people saying we should have drafted Nylander or we should have drafted Tkachuk.

Questioning the GM in hindsight is a pastime on here. Singling me out for doing something 99% of the posters on here do hardly seems fair either.

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not my job to make those calls, it's managments. And they made a bad one. ;)

Also, your obsession with me has gone from flattering to just stalker-ish. 

Related image

Flatter yourself if you must, but they made the same decision that you clearly stated you would have.

But I get your point - we shouldn't take you seriously because you're not management nor are you accountable -  just a poster here that makes a habit of flip flopping and hindsighting - attempting to one-up management and the coaching staff in the process.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It's no different than people saying we should have drafted Nylander or we should have drafted Tkachuk.

Questioning the GM in hindsight is a pastime on here. Singling me out for doing something 99% of the posters on here do hardly seems fair either.

If you want to jump in with the group of panicky, bipolar and lack of critical thinking users here on CDC, by all means that's your perogative. 

Aiming pretty low though...

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

If you want to jump in with the group of panicky, bipolar and lack of critical thinking users here on CDC, by all means that's your perogative. 

Even you're guilty of that from time to time. It's part of being a fan. ;)

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Even you're guilty of that from time to time. It's part of being a fan. ;)

I've had my own odd moments of weakness (clearly lacking both sleep and coffee ;) ) like most, but it's certainly nothing to strive for or something I'd want to be complacent with. 

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tallon must be just seething. :lol:

Why?  He sounds rather pleased with McCann.  They had him play wing and he initially struggled but has been playing much better lately.  From the Sun-Sentinel:

"We are excited for Nick's return. He is a foundational player for us," Tallon said. "Jared has played very well for us this season, especially on our recent road trip, and is a big part of our future.

"He will be able to receive significant playing time, including special teams opportunities in the AHL, which will allow him to continue to develop into a top-six NHL forward with the Panthers."

13 hours ago, J.R. said:

How is going along with everything the management tells you critically thinking? That's not thinking at all. Hell most of you're responses are just rehearsed and slightly modified Trevor linden quotes. Critical thinking hahaha. 

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Why?  He sounds rather pleased with McCann.  They had him play wing and he initially struggled but has been playing much better lately.  From the Sun-Sentinel:

"We are excited for Nick's return. He is a foundational player for us," Tallon said. "Jared has played very well for us this season, especially on our recent road trip, and is a big part of our future.

"He will be able to receive significant playing time, including special teams opportunities in the AHL, which will allow him to continue to develop into a top-six NHL forward with the Panthers."

What's he going to say?  Bad trade; and McCann's a bust.  

13 minutes ago, mll said:

Check out my homer impression 

Gudbranson is only 24!!!! He is still developing!!!!! 

hahaha McCann a top 6 prospect lololololollolololollllolokllojio:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:B)

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's he going to say?  Bad trade; and McCann's a bust.  

Obviously not but he didn't have to add the part that he will be a top-6 F and a big part of their future.  He could have just said that they want him to play big minutes in all situations. 

27 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

How is going along with everything the management tells you critically thinking? That's not thinking at all. Hell most of you're responses are just rehearsed and slightly modified Trevor linden quotes. Critical thinking hahaha. 

Flaw in your theory: I don't agree with everything management does. That doesn't mean I don't understand their reasoning behind it.

That's how.

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Flaw in your theory: I don't agree with everything management does. That doesn't mean I don't understand their reasoning behind it.

That's how.

Does it mean everyone else cant understand the reasoning? Maybe some people don't agree with the reasoning. Their plan isn't written in some kinda Templar code that only the elite hockey minds can unlock. Teams have been built like this since the 60's. Some people just do not accept the reasoning believe it or not. 

52 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Does it mean everyone else cant understand the reasoning? Maybe some people don't agree with the reasoning. Their plan isn't written in some kinda Templar code that only the elite hockey minds can unlock. Teams have been built like this since the 60's. Some people just do not accept the reasoning believe it or not. 

Who said anything about a plan? What plan are you referring to? I'm merely commenting on a good portion of CDC's temperament. That's not specific or limited to management's 'plan' that I assume you're referring to.

15 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Who said anything about a plan? What plan are you referring to? I'm merely commenting on a good portion of CDC's temperament. That's not specific or limited to management's 'plan' that I assume you're referring to.

I'm referencing everything. I'm just tired of people's intelligence being in question because they don't agree with management. "You just don't get it" for example. 

Archived