The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

At least Nedved played.

That same draft we passed on Brodeur and Tkachuk in order to take Shawn Antoski...

Looking at the Canucks drafting record really is painful.

Wow you somehow made yourself look like the worst and best Canuck fan within 2 sentences...thats not easy to do...tell me..do you still wake up with haunting nightmares of Nathan Lafyettes  post or anything Marchand did in 2011...?

36 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Bennings first 5 draft picks:

virtanen

mccann

demko

tryamkin

forsling

in just 2 years all have played in the NHL or are staring in the AHL (demko)

thats amazing. He just needs to keep his picks and draft 

Anyone can play in the NHL if a team forces the issue. While McCann did look pretty good, both Virtanen and him are in the AHL now. Tryamkin is a #6, Forsling as well. Not saying these werent good picks, but it is too early to tell. If anything, Nylander should have been drafted, and Pastrnak, who is amazing, should have been drafted. 

So Benning's 2014 draft class actually looks pretty below average right now. You saying that it looks good at this moment of time just shows your lack of sense. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

If anything, Nylander should have been drafted, and Pastrnak, who is amazing, should have been drafted. 

Why stop there? how about you redo every single draft with 20/20 vision?

As for pastrnak 24 teams passed on him. This happens in every draft, in many ways its a lottery. It's like saying benning should have picked the gold rush ticket on the right instead of the left.

13 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Anyone can play in the NHL if a team forces the issue. While McCann did look pretty good, both Virtanen and him are in the AHL now. Tryamkin is a #6, Forsling as well. Not saying these werent good picks, but it is too early to tell. If anything, Nylander should have been drafted, and Pastrnak, who is amazing, should have been drafted. 

So Benning's 2014 draft class actually looks pretty below average right now. You saying that it looks good at this moment of time just shows your lack of sense. 

Way to make it personal

On 10/28/2016 at 4:56 AM, Gooseberries said:

Admittedly I was wondering little higher on him. I seen a center version of zuccarello. however I knew we needed to give quality to be able to recieve. gudbranson has been money so far. like those who thought nashville won theweber trade,  people who thought Florida fleeced us seem to have gone into hiding.

Also Let's not forget what Edmonton very up or Larson and Griffin Reinhart. 

speaking of Griff,

What  would it cost to pluck him out of EDM's dungeon as a reclamation project?

48 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Way to make it personal

Yeah, where did that come from?

Insulting strangers on the internet is really odd

I do agree with him about JB and the draft however, JB's drafting skills are all smoke and mirrors so far,

I could have done a better job than him

if Trev had called me up a couple of years ago and said: "Hey why don't you make our picks for the next couple of years Just text us when our pick is up." then Canucks would be a much better team right now,

I have never had anything to do with pro hockey in my life, I play a little rec league that's it.

Why am I a better drafter than our GM?

12 hours ago, coryberg said:

Why stop there? how about you redo every single draft with 20/20 vision?

As for pastrnak 24 teams passed on him. This happens in every draft, in many ways its a lottery. It's like saying benning should have picked the gold rush ticket on the right instead of the left.

And do you know what happens if we draft Nylander and Pastrnak? We're far and away the smallest team in the league. 

On 12/7/2016 at 8:21 PM, DeNiro said:

At least Nedved played.

That same draft we passed on Brodeur and Tkachuk in order to take Shawn Antoski...

Looking at the Canucks drafting record really is painful.

Why are you bringing this up?

The kids don't need to hear about it and us old timers are trying to forget

The Canucks draft record is a true hall of shame, you really get the feeling they didn't scout and just randomly picked names while hungover at the draft table

29 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Yeah, where did that come from?

Insulting strangers on the internet is really odd

I do agree with him about JB and the draft however, JB's drafting skills are all smoke and mirrors so far,

I could have done a better job than him

if Trev had called me up a couple of years ago and said: "Hey why don't you make our picks for the next couple of years Just text us when our pick is up." then Canucks would be a much better team right now,

I have never had anything to do with pro hockey in my life, I play a little rec league that's it.

Why am I a better drafter than our GM?

Because in your world of magical unicorns and elves on hoverboards, anyone with little to no experience can do a better job than an individual who has amassed decades of experience in the NHL. 

Archived