The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson now a Canuck! Excellent move.

wattevr

We outbid the Oilers as well as some other teams I'm sure. This guy was drafted 3rd overall. It takes a Dman 8 years from his draft year to reach his full potential. For those crying about the potential of McCann and 33rd, your forgetting about the potential of what we received.  

Benning just said on 1040 that adding a top 4 d man costs a team. This is a great trade IMO. Eric is a stud. They have effectively rebuilt the d core with Hutton , Nikita , now Eric. They can now focus on forwards. This is awesome news 

Wow, I had a feeling McCann would go, but I'm still surprised and excited to see Gudbranson in. Canucks jersey. Gudbranson and Tryamkin on the backend. Whoo! I am very okay with this trade. The Canucks need size. Now we can let the "take a D with our #5 pick" go.  

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

McCann may end up being a legit top six scorer ( what if ), I don't like the trend of sacrificing picks every year that could be used to find talent but instead are packaged and in this case with young talent to address a team need. Yes Gudbranson is a player the Canucks need but at # 33rd and McCann ? Florida will be reaping the rewards of this trade lol.

In a parralel universe we just handed Florida cody Hodgson. Alexander Mallet and Alex Grenier

15 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Cross between Mitchell and Hamonic.  We havent had a dman like this, maybe ever. 

And he will actually stick up for and defend any of his teammates, without hesitation.  

What about Jovo? That's the comparison that immediately comes to mind for me. I'm excited to see him manhandle the boy bnd that is the Oilers next year! Keep your head up Taylor!

Archived