The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

am i the only Luca Sbisa fan

WalkWithElias

5 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

i feel like I'm the only Luca Sbisa fan, last year i went to the training camp , and he was the last player off the ICE ( was on there for about 30-45 mins) just trying to improve , he knows he has to get better and wants to improve his game, but putting him with players like bieksa (yes i know he is gone )and BARTKOWSKI   , give the guy a break, id like to see you going out there and trying to do what he does , day in day out,

i hope he gets to play with tryamkin next season , he deserves a way better D partner

now you guys can send all the hate you want towards me

NO NO NO NO NO . . .       If I could have given you   10 + + + +    instead of just one, I would have.  Not only does he work really hard and want to be a great D guy which is half the battle he is a great guy.   Having said that I would have given you 10 - - - - for criticizing Bieksa who played injured, he also played with a Ton of Heart.  So, that comment you ought to take back.

I like Sbisa as well. Before the Gudbranson deal, he was the only physical presence we had in the top 4. Tryamkin and Pedan might get there some day, but at present they're bottom pairing guys.

To compete with teams like the Kings, Ducks and Sharks, we need to have a fair amount of physicality on the back end. We're starting to get there....

6 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

i feel like I'm the only Luca Sbisa fan, last year i went to the training camp , and he was the last player off the ICE ( was on there for about 30-45 mins) just trying to improve , he knows he has to get better and wants to improve his game, but putting him with players like bieksa (yes i know he is gone )and BARTKOWSKI   , give the guy a break, id like to see you going out there and trying to do what he does , day in day out,

i hope he gets to play with tryamkin next season , he deserves a way better D partner

I love Sbisa! Really nice guy and solid hockey player, I also never understood the issues with his contract.... works well for me in term and cap! looking forward to next season!

6 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

Definitely not sir. Here's the numbers to back it up: 

A question to ask is how much will GE being in the lineup impact Sbisa's game? I think it will allow Sbisa to amp up his physical game as well. I like the optics off the back end. Offense comes from Edler-Hutton and maybe Larson or Stetcher.

I'm a fan. Certain media members have unfairly targeted Sbsia (Ratford for example) for their own personal gain and it has tainted people's view of him. Not every d-man has to be an undersized puck mover. His contract isn't even bad. You could trade him in a heart beat. That's more than you could say for all the supposedly great contracts the genius Gillman signed.

I don't think he's terrible; the biggest issue is the contract.

If he were getting 2.75 like Adam McQuaid it wouldn't be an issue with him as a 5/6.

Actually, according to Capfriendly.com Sbisa is getting 3.6 AAV. I guess that's not too terrible after all.

The best thing about next year is NO Yanni Weber.

Luca is a good player, and the CDC whipping boy for those that love to jump on the bandwagon of unfounded hatred.

He has improved drastically since his 1st game in a Canucks uniform.  He is punishing on the boards.  He will stick up for his team.  Best of all, he WILL keep improving with good coaching.

Luca Sbisa reminds me of a young Kevin Bieksa. Everyone jumped on kevin coming up before he turned into a serviceable and quite a valuable player. I am a Sbisa fan and with Guddy in the fold i think Sbisa may be a little freer to work on his offence.

Lucas Sbisa is a giveaway king, I said it before and I will say it again, watch him when he is under-pressure, he never makes  a smart play. I dont think he can because he lacks that ability in his game.

Please Please Please trade him, if not I request many of the Sbisa supporters to watch him when he is under pressure from teams with skill. 

9 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

I'd try pretty damn hard if you paid me over $3M a year as well. Doesn't mean he's actually good.

I didn't like him being included in the Kesler trade from the start. Sure, he's physical, but the faults we saw in his first season here were things he had before: bad giveaways, low offensive output, not really great in any area, etc. He mitigated some of those bad qualities with slightly improved or at least safer play this season, but he still isn't a good player for what we pay him, one I'd like so much as to be a fan of.

I'm just happy he's less of a liability so any strengths he does have can be utilized more - he's going to be here awhile after all.

12 minutes ago, Laoag said:

Luca Sbisa reminds me of a young Kevin Bieksa. Everyone jumped on kevin coming up before he turned into a serviceable and quite a valuable player. I am a Sbisa fan and with Guddy in the fold i think Sbisa may be a little freer to work on his offence.

They aren't really the same at all. Sure, they're both physical players, but Bieksa was tougher and more of a two-way, risk taker who could provide offence as well. Sbisa hasn't developed that offensive side and is only tough when it's required of him. He's also not so much of a risk taker as much as a player who makes mistakes through poor play or lack of confidence. Confidence was never a problem of Bieksa's.

Archived