The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tom Nilsson

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Olson? Brisebois? Neill? Also, do we still have McEneny and Cederholm in the ranks?

Brisebois and Olson will still be in junior next season so they won't be call up options.

I doubt the other 3 will have any chance to be call ups either. Cederholm is still signed, but McEneny is an RFA who I doubt will be qualified.

I also just realized Fedun is a UFA so he's probably gone.

With all of the d-men we now have under contract for both Vancouver/Utica I think we are going to see one or two made available on the trade market. My guess is that both Pedan and Sbisa would be shopped for draft picks or non-waiver eligible prospects.

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Can someone make a thread on "Why did JB sign Nilsson", and "Pros / Cons to singing Nilsson" and "Should we package Nilsson to Tampa for Stamkos" and "Where do you see Nilsson fitting in next year" and "Now that we have Nilsson, is Edler expendable"?

:)

You left off, "What breakfast cereal does Nilsson like", "Will Nilsson be the first to raise the cup next summer", and "Is Weber Nilsson's new Stick Boy?"

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Can someone make a thread on  "Pros / Cons to singing Nilsson

Harry could really sing.

Some of my all-time absolute favorites.

On topic:  JB hard at work uncovering prospects; what a boost it must be to our scouts to have someone like Jim come in and just pump it up.

Just now, J.R. said:

But it was such a huge loss, right CDC? :rolleyes:

He had a tough time this year managing to be anything other than a top 6 D for Toronto.

That speaks more than anything.

14:27 TOI/per game which ranks 24th out of all the 43 players that suited up for a game for the Leafs.

Signing Nilsson

Pros                                                                                                                                               Cons

Feel like someone is going to get moved on D. We already have 7 players on 1 way contracts as it stands. 

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Tryamkin 

Biega 

Then factor in Larsen, Pedan who still needs to be signed (RFA) and now Nilsson. Unless they plan on trying to keep 3 of these guys in Utica - but Larsen and Pedan are waiver eligible. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone know why the Leafs gave up on him?

For a team that isn't exactly deep on the blueline it's kind of strange for them to give up on a 22 year old.

Maybe Corrado bumped him? 

On on a serious note, why is Benning signing/trading for defencemen that the Oilers and Leafs gave up on? Seems like the opposite way to improve the D

2 minutes ago, gobi said:

I have to wonder if Larsen will even sign with the Canucks anymore when he sees all these D acquisitions by JB.

Nilsson is a 2way deal, likely Larsen gets a 1way contract. Looks like we could make a trade of a d man for a draft pick ?

7 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Nilsson is a 2way deal, likely Larsen gets a 1way contract. Looks like we could make a trade of a d man for a draft pick ?

I have a suspicion that Sbisa will be traded.

Archived