The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally excited about our defence again

Nucksfansince91

http://www.rosterresource.com/nhl-vancouver-canucks/

I know the "rebuild" has its ups and downs as a fan. But, is anyone else really excitedwhere our defence is going finally? I know we are not there quite yet but we have some excellent peices now with Gudbranson. I like all of our top 6 and the option with have with our free agents, not to mention up and comer Subban.

OLLI JUOLEVI!!

Under contract:

ALEXANDER EDLER

CHRISTOPHER TANEV

BEN HUTTON

ERIK GUDBRANSON

LUCA SBISA 

NIKITA TRYAMKIN

Minor Leaguers:

PHILLIP LARSON

JORDAN SUBBAN

ALEX BIEGA

ASTON SAUTNER

MACKENZE STEWART

EVAN MCENENY

ANTON CEDERHOLM

TROY STECHER

TOM NILSSON

Free Agents:

DAN HAMHUIS

MATT BARTKOWSKI

YANNICK WEBER

TAYLOR FEDUN

ANDREY PEDAN

Where do you think we go from here with our defence? 

Sorry for the rant. I live in Ottawa and I swear there might be maybe 3 other Canucks fans in the city. 

Just now, Nucksfansince91 said:

The Oilers are very silly but out of all of the teams needing defenceman...it's the oilers. Expect them to take him 4th or swap picks to get him, it would so strange for the oilers to take another forward. 

Won't be the least bit surprised if the Oilers take Tkachuk to do the dirty work and be a finisher for McDavid. It'd actually be pretty smart. They've got a ton of guys they can trade for defensemen

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

Won't be the least bit surprised if the Oilers take Tkachuk to do the dirty work and be a finisher for McDavid. It'd actually be pretty smart. They've got a ton of guys they can trade for defensemen

I have a feeling this draft is going to be very interesting! 

^^^ In my opinion, the Oils will take Dubois if they don't manage to trade down/take a defenseman. They have a whole bunch of smaller guys in Eberle, Yakupov, RNH, and McDavid who isn't huge y any means. 

1 hour ago, Nucksfansince91 said:

http://www.rosterresource.com/nhl-vancouver-canucks/

I know the "rebuild" has its ups and downs as a fan. But, is anyone else really excitedwhere our defence is going finally? I know we are not there quite yet but we have some excellent peices now with Gudbranson. I like all of our top 6 and the option with have with our free agents, not to mention up and comer Subban.

Under contract:

ALEXANDER EDLER

CHRISTOPHER TANEV

BEN HUTTON

ERIK GUDBRANSON

LUCA SBISA 

NIKITA TRYAMKIN

Minor Leaguers:

JORDAN SUBBAN

ALEX BIEGA

ASTON SAUTNER

MACKENZE STEWART

EVAN MCENENY

ANTON CEDERHOLM

TROY STECHER

TOM NILSSON

Free Agents:

DAN HAMHUIS

MATT BARTKOWSKI

YANNICK WEBER

TAYLOR FEDUN

ANDREY PEDAN

Where do you think we go from here with our defence? 

Sorry for the rant. I live in Ottawa and I swear there might be maybe 3 other Canucks fans in the city. 

Absolutely excited, but I don't expect Benning is done. The biggest problem by far has been the defence the last few years. They finally have guys to protect the goalie and clear the front of the net. They still need a good offensive quarterback but the new additions could give guys like Edler and Sbisa more chances to jump up into the play. Even Tanev is starting to show more offense in his game. What happens now if Stamkos gets signed? It could happen.

I'm super excited ....Coilers, and Flamers are going to Be getting a lot of love.

Gudbranson love tap 

Tryankin not even trying to hit hard....just a love tap on the boards

Pedan love tap

And don't forget about Offence Right handed PP guy Philip Larsen,...tho.. not sure if we sign him...or just have his rights.

If I was Benning, I'd be talking to Montreal and Edmonton, as well as to Edler.  If I could convince him to move, I bet we could definitely get another First round pick, and a prospect.  And don't talk about trading in the division, and how hard it would be to play against him.  His value is established, and then we could move and sign Hamhuis for veteran leadership on the backend.  Then if we were lucky, we could get both Dubois and Juolevi

Last season..it was very disappointing that the team,as whole,had no pushback to other teams cheapshotting our rookies and star players..That Anaheim game last season, was a good case in point,(where Getzlaf hacked down Jake V,and Jared McCann was the only one standing up for himself)...

Having Gudbranson (and Pedan) should be a deterrent,and give our guys a lot more space.

yeah our d-fence is looking alot better now, especially without hamuseless. but if we're still in rebuild then i like to see stecher or subban in the nhl full time and trade edler to make room for one of them. tryamkin i think is really gonna be a #1 d-man for us. he plays with ELITE hockey iq and makes good decision offensively with the puck. unlike edler who causes too many unnecessary turn overs..... if edler can play on the canucks and be a -40 player so can stecher and subban. nothing to lose with these young guys except finding out how good they are. we need guys that know how to play offence as much as defence. and you dont really need to produce points but generate easy plays for your forwards so they get a scoring chance.

12 minutes ago, bubbaCHUCK said:

yeah our d-fence is looking alot better now, especially without hamuseless. but if we're still in rebuild then i like to see stecher or subban in the nhl full time and trade edler to make room for one of them. tryamkin i think is really gonna be a #1 d-man for us. he plays with ELITE hockey iq and makes good decision offensively with the puck. unlike edler who causes too many unnecessary turn overs..... if edler can play on the canucks and be a -40 player so can stecher and subban. nothing to lose with these young guys except finding out how good they are. we need guys that know how to play offence as much as defence. and you dont really need to produce points but generate easy plays for your forwards so they get a scoring chance.

There's no room in this league for a defenseman who can't play defense.  

12 minutes ago, bubbaCHUCK said:

Hamuseless?

Tryamkin a #1 dman?

Edler -40? (He was -8)

Have you been smoking shrimp?

Archived