The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Ultimate trade proposal 3 way only Canadian franchises

This is a biggy but all three teams have huge benefits.

To Edmonton: P.K.Subban, Hansen, J.Subban

To Montreal: Eberle, Edmontons 2016 1st(4th overall), Edler, Burrows(Canucks retain half salary)

T   Vancouver: Montreal's 2016 1st(9th overall), prospect Noah Juulsen, Edmontons 2016 3rd(62 overall),Pakarinen

•  

Edmonton gets their Norris trophy D-man a true #1 Defenceman to help their team win now. They also get a good winger who can chip in 15-20 goals and play in all situations. Also a good D prospect.

Montreal gets their #1 RW(Eberle) to play with big Pacioretty, the 4th overall pick(Dubois), a very good defender that will partially fill the void of PK in Edler and the return of hometown boy Burrows.

Vancouver gets the 9th overall and 62nd overall and 26th overall from last year, abbotsford boy Noah Juulsen

Ok, I'm not one to reply to ridiculous proposals much, but you put effort into this so I'll give it a go.

Edmonton Out: Eberle, 4th overall, 3rd round pick, Pakarinen
Edmonton In: Subban, Jr. Subban, Hansen
Analysis: Edmonton takes this and runs! Giving that up just for Subban would be a steal.

Montreal Out: Subban, Juulsen, 9th overall pick
Montreal In: Edler, Eberle, Burrows at 50%, 4th overall pick
Analysis: Montreal takes a step back on defencemen, adds a top line winger, moves up 5 spots in the draft and takes a bottom 6 winger on a *somewhat* reasonable deal (but could be a fringe roster player at 2.25M). Realistically they would get Eberle + Prospect + 1st round pick just for subban, so losing juulsen, subban, and the 9th pick on top of it for edler and burrows Montreal says a hearty No.

Vancouver Out: Edler, Hansen, Burrows (50% retained), Subban jr.
Vancouver in: 9th pick, 62nd overall pick, Juulsen
Analysis: If the player coming back was something that met GMJB's desires, this has all the makings of a typical benning overpayment. Should Edler be in play, canucks will get a first round pick, a top prospect, and a fringe prospect or a mid round pick for him. He's on a very reasonable deal for 2? more years. Hansen is on a great deal and would be worth an early pick (late 1 or 2) or a decent prospect. Burrows and Subban are just throwaway pieces, neither has much value. Subban is a fringe prospect, Burrows just makes too much money even at 50% and is overmatched.... Canucks get destroyed.

Overall Analysis:

Edmonton makes out like bandits, everyone else makes a hearty laugh and hangs up on Chiarelli.

15 minutes ago, Misconduct16 said:

Ok, I'm not one to reply to ridiculous proposals much, but you put effort into this so I'll give it a go.

Edmonton Out: Eberle, 4th overall, 3rd round pick, Pakarinen
Edmonton In: Subban, Jr. Subban, Hansen
Analysis: Edmonton takes this and runs! Giving that up just for Subban would be a steal.

Montreal Out: Subban, Juulsen, 9th overall pick
Montreal In: Edler, Eberle, Burrows at 50%, 4th overall pick
Analysis: Montreal takes a step back on defencemen, adds a top line winger, moves up 5 spots in the draft and takes a bottom 6 winger on a *somewhat* reasonable deal (but could be a fringe roster player at 2.25M). Realistically they would get Eberle + Prospect + 1st round pick just for subban, so losing juulsen, subban, and the 9th pick on top of it for edler and burrows Montreal says a hearty No.

Vancouver Out: Edler, Hansen, Burrows (50% retained), Subban jr.
Vancouver in: 9th pick, 62nd overall pick, Juulsen
Analysis: If the player coming back was something that met GMJB's desires, this has all the makings of a typical benning overpayment. Should Edler be in play, canucks will get a first round pick, a top prospect, and a fringe prospect or a mid round pick for him. He's on a very reasonable deal for 2? more years. Hansen is on a great deal and would be worth an early pick (late 1 or 2) or a decent prospect. Burrows and Subban are just throwaway pieces, neither has much value. Subban is a fringe prospect, Burrows just makes too much money even at 50% and is overmatched.... Canucks get destroyed.

Overall Analysis:

Edmonton makes out like bandits, everyone else makes a hearty laugh and hangs up on Chiarelli.

Montreal get's Eberle a firstline player, the 4th overall pick, Edler and Burr. They love this deal.

Vancouver get's the 9th overall pick(possibly the second or third best Defender in the draft), Juulsen(becomes our best defencman prospect) and highend 3rd pick and a decent young player whom could very well be a younger version of the "Honey Badger", everybody wins

It's not often WE get destroyed in a CDC  trade proposal

EDM? Hells ya

MON Maaaybe depends on a lot of info the public is not in possession of, but it is possible they go for it, very possible

US Noah Juulsen does not appear to be a game changer.....so why are we breaking the bank to get him? We retain half the salaries we dump, and we shouldn't be looking at any long term money signings anyway, so were nor desperate for cap, we move DOWN in the draft......we get some throw away picks.........lose our #1 D man. what am I missing here? what makes us say yes

We get screwed in the 3 way

DP proposal for us

20 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Montreal get's Eberle a firstline player, the 4th overall pick, Edler and Burr. They love this deal.

Vancouver get's the 9th overall pick(possibly the second or third best Defender in the draft), Juulsen(becomes our best defencman prospect) and highend 3rd pick and a decent young player whom could very well be a younger version of the "Honey Badger", everybody wins

The second or third best defender in the draft.... have you seen 1st round defencemen in the draft over history? Hit in miss is being generous. 

As far as Eberle is concerned... I'd say he's a good top 6, not top 3. And edmonton fans generally would agree with that. A franchise defenceman like Subban (whatever you say about his giveaways etc, he is a true #1 D) is worth his weight in gold. History has shown time after time the team that gives away the best player loses a trade and in this deal Montreal gives up the best player by a mile. Replacing one great player with a bunch of good players is not how to improve the team, its by adding complementary players to your great players.

Agreed with ChampStatus... this is more of a devils 3way. 

26 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Montreal does NOT love this trade. They give away a franchise defenceman for a collection of lesser assets.

Subban has put up almost as many points over the last 3 seasons as Eberle has. Eberle is a a nice piece but he's undersized has had injury issues, and has seen his point total trend the wrong direction over the past few years

Edler doesn't come close to replacing what Subban brings, not to mention his consistency and injury issues. Montreal has a glut of bottom 6 players that are better options than Burrows. 

Hard pass from Montreal 

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

It's not often WE get destroyed in a CDC  trade proposal

EDM? Hells ya

MON Maaaybe depends on a lot of info the public is not in possession of, but it is possible they go for it, very possible

US Noah Juulsen does not appear to be a game changer.....so why are we breaking the bank to get him? We retain half the salaries we dump, and we shouldn't be looking at any long term money signings anyway, so were nor desperate for cap, we move DOWN in the draft......we get some throw away picks.........lose our #1 D man. what am I missing here? what makes us say yes

We get screwed in the 3 way

DP proposal for us

Hey Bud, we don't give away our fifth overall we keep it and gain the 9th overall, so we would have 2 top ten picks, Noah Juulsen(a first round from last years draft) and a 3rd rounder and a decent to good prospect(whom plays like a younger Hansen)

8 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

Hey Bud, we don't give away our fifth overall we keep it and gain the 9th overall, so we would have 2 top ten picks, Noah Juulsen(a first round from last years draft) and a 3rd rounder and a decent to good prospect(whom plays like a younger Hansen)

Oh, I mis-read

Meh, How great is whatever's available at #9? I might actually back this, depending on that

Even if it helps us out...I in no way want the Canucks to do anything that benefits Edmonton in gaining back end talent/roster balance.

Every night before I go to bed, I kneel down beside my bed and pray that 29 teams boycott dealing with Edmonton and their clones of soft forwards and bad D.

I wish I had done this for Toronto and their bad contracts but damn Ottawa let them off the hook.

Archived