The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Jannik Hansen for Brenden Perlini. Hear me out

Perlini had a down year, by his standards, and his stock has dropped but still almost a point per game while not playing the top unit PP. The lack of ice time in the post season might indicate the Niagara Ice Dogs not really having much confidence in him. That said he was drafted for all the "Benning" reasons; He's big, a late bloomer, he's a fast skater and he's got a bomb of a shot.

The former 12th overall pick seems to be deep on the Coyotes depth charts. Arizona has been known to be a team unwilling to spend big money on ufa's, etc. Hansen comes with a great contract, not to mention wonderful analytics that would entice their new GM. The analytics on Hanson last season are off the charts. To add, Arizona has a team that might be good enough to make some noise this coming season.

Some of you might think Hansen is worth more... but Perlini has size and skill, plays a solid 2 way game, a couple things Jim likes. Virtanen - Horvat - Perlini combo for a future 2nd line would be BIG and Fast. Not to mention Virtanen had some chemistry with him in the past...WJ tourney. Yes, he's a work in progress but he's got tremendous upside.

Canucks get a former 1st rounder, a guy to help the rebuild. Arizona gets a good contract and a guy that might fit perfectly with Domi.

Y not try and take advantage of the new era analytical type GM? It's obvious Trader Jim doesn't value thus as such.

10 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Don't understand why Arizona would take this deal. He still has upside and they're more of a rebuilding team.

Because they have an analytic GM, Hansens analytics r off the charts and they love cheap contracts... Perlini is still a work in progress, not NHL ready

7 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Hansen played with the Sedins

He never played the PP so his analytics 5 on 5 r huge. Puck possession huge, PK huge, his goals vs shooting % analytically is arguably the best in the league. Arizona is all about analytics... Jim isn't... worth a shot

6 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Hansen is the new Burrows, can do it all, play on lines 1-4, PK and with the Sedins.

If Burrows moves on, then we will need Hansen, who comes cheap and is one of the fastest skaters on the team.

Perlini will be redundant after this years draft anyways. 

Hansen over achieved. Hansen is at the peak of his career. Hansen is getting longer in the tooth.

All reasons to sell high... and to who? An analytic GM whos owner wants cheap contracts

10 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

He never played the PP so his analytics 5 on 5 r huge. Puck possession huge, PK huge, his goals vs shooting % analytically is arguably the best in the league. Arizona is all about analytics... Jim isn't... worth a shot

Well in order for this trade to be accepted 

It would prob have to be hansen and a 2nd (2017) 

Why?

Because its JB and every GM knows he gives 2nd round picks like candy

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Well in order for this trade to be accepted 

It would prob have to be hansen and a 2nd (2017) 

Why?

Because its JB and every GM knows he gives 2nd round picks like candy

Haha... can't argue with that statement. 

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Gross.

Not because I have a hard on for Hansen, but more because Perlini is just, just terrible.

Terrible...? the guy has a cannon, he's big big, a 12th overall pick, a late bloomer,  fast and he's just 19. 

2 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Terrible...? the guy has a cannon, he's big big, a 12th overall pick, a late bloomer,  fast and he's just 19. 

Spoiler Alert: He's not 19. Do your homework on him. His stock has dropped a ton. You know, because he's not good.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Spoiler Alert: He's not 19. Do your homework on him. His stock has dropped a ton. You know, because he's not good.

I took a wild guess at his age... I admit. I did state his stock is dropped in not so many words.

Can't give up on the intangibles. He's had injuries that set him back. Injuries that are now fully healed. He's a good player. I'm no scout but have seen him play a few dozen times. Always has impressed

12 minutes ago, Monty said:
8 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

I took a wild guess at his age... I admit. I did state his stock is dropped in not so many words.

Can't give up on the intangibles. He's had injuries that set him back. Injuries that are now fully healed. He's a good player. I'm no scout but have seen him play a few dozen times. Always has impressed

To add,  if his stock hadn't fallen... no way Hansen fetches close his value

Archived