The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[mafia] All the way up (Game on)

otherwise

Lol you let us invite a TP into the mafia PM and didn't give any warning about Bastard roles? Wow

A double agent is an insanely powerful TP role if the Mafia doesn't have any warning and letting us invite him into the Mafia chat is absurd.

Also considering there were 4/10 TPs being special + Mystery box actions, this game was probably 90/10 in favor of the town. In all honesty, this is probably the most unbalanced game I've ever seen in my mafia career. And I'm not just salty because we lost (we didn't play well at all) but I feel like this needs to be said. 

All that said, several TPs played quite well so gg to you guys.

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

Lol you let us invite a TP into the mafia PM and didn't give any warning about Bastard roles? Wow

A double agent is an insanely powerful TP role if the Mafia doesn't have any warning and letting us invite him into the Mafia chat is absurd.

Also considering there were 4/10 TPs being special + Mystery box actions, this game was probably 90/10 in favor of the town. In all honesty, this is probably the most unbalanced game I've ever seen in my mafia career. And I'm not just salty because we lost (we didn't play well at all) but I feel like this needs to be said. 

this x10000

98/2 in their favour

I knew some crap was up because cmon 3/3 mafia hits.   I played poor but not that badly that i would be 100% deem mafia so early on.

thanks for hosting anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Yeah that role is crazy op.  Reminds me of the Peaches Godfather role.  I had a similar role one but I actually was a sk so keeping the mafia alive helped me.

Taking a long break as I'm dealing with a lot of things in my personal life right now.  I'll be back eventually though.

Bastard Mod

Bastard Mod, usually shortened to Bastard, can ambiguously refer to a type of role, a type of game, or a mod who runs bastard games and/or uses bastard roles.

The exact definition of "bastard" varies from person to person according to their likes and dislikes; however, the following traits are usually common.

• The moderator lies to players, either in their Role PMs (as in False roles) or in their revealed information (as in Death Miller).
  • The game incorporates significant game-changing mechanics (Cult being a notorious example) that affects players who may not know about them.
  • The game incorporates roles that are inconvenient to play with, such as Voteless or Suicidal.

A common shorthand definition of a bastard mod game is that it is designed mostly for the moderator's amusement more than that of the players.

Including a double agent that came up mafia on KP investigation without giving us ANY warning is an absolute no-no imo. 

Otherwise, I don't mean to be attacking you right now but I'm pretty tilted because this game seems like it was setup for the mafia to get destroyed. What a waste of time. 

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah that role is crazy op.  Reminds me of the Peaches Godfather role.  I had a similar role one but I actually was a sk so keeping the mafia alive helped me.

Taking a long break as I'm dealing with a lot of things in my personal life right now.  I'll be back eventually though.

That's too bad. :( I hope everything works out for you.

7 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

lol. I said this game was going to have sugar and spice and a bit of dral insipration.  Why wouldn't you be careful with roles that start outside the mafia PM. I would hate to think what your reaction would've been to "the Departed" themed game we had years ago. The Mafia had TWO players that could mess with the TP and   who could've easily pulled off something similar by fooling the TP.

also lol at your reaction to this vs. this morning when you thought it was really well balanced.

And lastly it was you guys who investigated AV first.

Even though you posted this.

On 2016-06-01 at 5:41 PM, Beluga Whale said:

KH might actually be the lackey trying to get our attention. Might be worth an investigation.

I think this is the most unfair game i've ever participated in. And I've participated in games with Big Mike.

At least with Big Mike there was a little bit of doubt to his claims, but AV there wasn't.
AV was basically like otherwise in this game. Knew every important role with 100% accuracy and was playing.

Not only this, but when THE MAFIA investigated him, he came up mafia.
Sure, it's okay to give false results to the TP with multiple sheriffs since it isn't detrimental to them, but it COMPLETELY is to the mafia.
Not only this, but the host never stated that this was a bastard game which is quite despicable given the extreme power of the role.

The mafia were completely screwed from the start and had I known this, I wouldn't have bothered keeping this "ironman" for this one game.

I may seem harsh but this game is absolutely inexcusable. otherwise is a veteran when it comes to this game and it is easily a Top 3 WOAT game on this forum's history.

1) No precaution for roles
2) Role is horrendously OP. If you don't think so or can't figure out why, you may not have the logical skills needed for mafia.
3) Mafia were mislead with KP investigation. That should NEVER occur as it skews with the game.
4) Terrible mishandling of the DPS. Otherwise didn't lay out any roles and mildly attacked Dral causing him to leave the DPS.

I know my other teammates are more hesitant to go all out, but I may as well say it for them:
Otherwise, you are at complete fault for this game and the time that was wasted by some of us. I don't really care if you give an apology or not, but the LEAST you can do is have some self-awareness and take fault for the game that has occurred over the past three days.

4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Including a double agent that came up mafia on KP investigation without giving us ANY warning is an absolute no-no imo. 

Otherwise, I don't mean to be attacking you right now but I'm pretty tilted because this game seems like it was setup for the mafia to get destroyed. What a waste of time. 

Where is that in the CDC rules I missed it.

2 minutes ago, otherwise said:

lol. I said this game was going to have sugar and spice and a bit of dral insipration.  Why wouldn't you be careful with roles that start outside the mafia PM. I would hate to think what your reaction would've been to "the Departed" themed game we had years ago. The Mafia had TWO players that could mess with the TP and   who could've easily pulled off something similar by fooling the TP.

also lol at your reaction to this vs. this morning when you thought it was really well balanced.

And lastly it was you guys who investigated AV first.

Even though you posted this.

Sugar and spice = most OP'd role in mafia history. Should have known.

And yeah I thought the game was balanced before I knew about the double agent. Why is that lol to you?

On 6/2/2016 at 9:05 PM, Beluga Whale said:

Is there any reason that investigation could be false?

just mean that it's your choice to add, I'm not going to add him.

This is otherwise's response after we investigated AV as mafia. Like how am I suppose to think he's not the lackey we were looking for??

AV WASN'T IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE AT THE START OF THE GAME. JUST LIKE A LACKEY. HE HAD TO BE INVESTIGATED OR PM PEOPLE OF HIS OWN CHOOSING. HE WAS VERY BOLD WITH HIS ROLE AND STARTED A TP ALLIANCE PM AND THEY BELIVED HIM.

chill.

1 minute ago, otherwise said:

AV WASN'T IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE AT THE START OF THE GAME. JUST LIKE A LACKEY. HE HAD TO BE INVESTIGATED OR PM PEOPLE OF HIS OWN CHOOSING. HE WAS VERY BOLD WITH HIS ROLE AND STARTED A TP ALLIANCE PM AND THEY BELIVED HIM.

chill.

We were looking for our lackey. We found mafia. The obvious deduction here is that we found out mafia teammate. 

Unless you gave us FAIR warning it is completely absurd to allow us to invite someone into a mafia PM who may not be mafia. 

I'm not salty because we lost. Our team didn't even play well at all but the objective truth is this game is absolutely broken and completely in favor of the town.

Just now, otherwise said:

AV WASN'T IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE AT THE START OF THE GAME.
JUST LIKE A LACKEY. HE HAD TO BE INVESTIGATED OR PM PEOPLE OF HIS OWN CHOOSING.
HE WAS VERY BOLD WITH HIS ROLE AND STARTED A TP ALLIANCE PM AND THEY BELIVED HIM.

-Just like a lackey should
-Thing was, his mafia investigation came up MAFIA. You were purposely misleading the mafia without any precaution that this was a possibility. Hence, a TP who all of us thought was and SHOULD have been mafia was added.
-When you know all the mafia, who wouldn't spread the news. That's not bold. Heck, it's the opposite of bold. Boldest move would have been for AV to just out it in the thread and end this game earlier.

Obviously, I'm in a position of bias because I was the benefactor of this role but this is far from an otherwise blunder or mistake, IMO (though I recognize the circumstances of my role made it an easy win and I can see the rationalization behind the frustration).

The best comparable situation, IMO, is a game with no PMs, roles aren't known, and the first investigation is the sheriff investigating the KP leader.  Sheriff makes the soft-claim call and says trust whoever the KP is (who they believe is TP ) if they die. Then, you know what happens.

Essentially, I was the TP "KP" this game.

Yeah, spreading the word isn't really a bold play and is the most logical thing to do but I made sure to explain myself well in that PM.  Like otherwise said, those guys could have easily discredited me/not trusted me and this could have backfired in that round.  I was up for the lynch in that round and Fox, the Vig, had been very weary of my play, so I think its very reasonable to assume I would have been a Vig target had he been around on N1

I was also very fortuitous to have not invited Heffy or Dr.S into that PM as they weren't TP.  Again, I had luck on my side with regards to a few decisions and actions that went this game.  Even being investigated first before Heffy was out of my control (although I did have my track on BW for N1 so that would have helped get me in) so again, very fortunate to have had that happened.

Yeah, in hindsight, this was very favorable to the TP, but we can't act like it was a one and done right at the beginning.  I needed to do work and have a lot of things go right.  In this case, it did.  

Also, @otherwise don't leave.  We need out resident City supporter to banter with in the Euro Football thread.

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hope everything is ok.

48 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

game was over before  the first nightfall...

45 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

I think this is the most unfair game i've ever participated in. And I've participated in games with Big Mike.

At least with Big Mike there was a little bit of doubt to his claims, but AV there wasn't.
AV was basically like otherwise in this game. Knew every important role with 100% accuracy and was playing.

Not only this, but when THE MAFIA investigated him, he came up mafia.
Sure, it's okay to give false results to the TP with multiple sheriffs since it isn't detrimental to them, but it COMPLETELY is to the mafia.
Not only this, but the host never stated that this was a bastard game which is quite despicable given the extreme power of the role.

The mafia were completely screwed from the start and had I known this, I wouldn't have bothered keeping this "ironman" for this one game.

I may seem harsh but this game is absolutely inexcusable. otherwise is a veteran when it comes to this game and it is easily a Top 3 WOAT game on this forum's history.

1) No precaution for roles
2) Role is horrendously OP. If you don't think so or can't figure out why, you may not have the logical skills needed for mafia.
3) Mafia were mislead with KP investigation. That should NEVER occur as it skews with the game.
4) Terrible mishandling of the DPS. Otherwise didn't lay out any roles and mildly attacked Dral causing him to leave the DPS.

I know my other teammates are more hesitant to go all out, but I may as well say it for them:
Otherwise, you are at complete fault for this game and the time that was wasted by some of us. I don't really care if you give an apology or not, but the LEAST you can do is have some self-awareness and take fault for the game that has occurred over the past three days.

You should of seen what i sent to lewt.  I don't wanna get banned but ya this is probably a respectful adult like reaction.

I played but u should of asked AV what was happening and if there was an alliance set up.  

45 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Sugar and spice = most OP'd role in mafia history. Should have known.

And yeah I thought the game was balanced before I knew about the double agent. Why is that lol to you?

just mean that it's your choice to add, I'm not going to add him.

This is otherwise's response after we investigated AV as mafia. Like how am I suppose to think he's not the lackey we were looking for??

this 

did you ever think how it would be like for the mafia playing this game? When I hosted I imagined myself as a mafia and tp before the thread was even made and had jazz/bw helping me to make it fair.  

38 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

-Just like a lackey should
-Thing was, his mafia investigation came up MAFIA. You were purposely misleading the mafia without any precaution that this was a possibility. Hence, a TP who all of us thought was and SHOULD have been mafia was added.
-When you know all the mafia, who wouldn't spread the news. That's not bold. Heck, it's the opposite of bold. Boldest move would have been for AV to just out it in the thread and end this game earlier.

This

how on earth are we suppose to not trust AV and not add another mafia player in such a small sided game. Only a mafia team with a bunch of mental idiots would not add AV knowing he was mafia.

37 minutes ago, otherwise said:

I am sorry that I am too dumb to host this game and quite clearly based off of these reactions tonight I will be taking a very long hiatus from this game and this forum.

Don't overreact you are a decent mafia player and I don't wanna know Aladeen without his bae. Just next time be a bit more cautious with twists and turns. You should have asked how things were going with AV or AV should of pm'd you the situation to end the game. The game was over before nightfall #1.

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Obviously, I'm in a position of bias because I was the benefactor of this role but this is far from an otherwise blunder or mistake, IMO (though I recognize the circumstances of my role made it an easy win and I can see the rationalization behind the frustration).

The best comparable situation, IMO, is a game with no PMs, roles aren't known, and the first investigation is the sheriff investigating the KP leader.  Sheriff makes the soft-claim call and says trust whoever the KP is (who they believe is TP ) if they die. Then, you know what happens.

Essentially, I was the TP "KP" this game.

Yeah, spreading the word isn't really a bold play and is the most logical thing to do but I made sure to explain myself well in that PM.  Like otherwise said, those guys could have easily discredited me/not trusted me and this could have backfired in that round.  I was up for the lynch in that round and Fox, the Vig, had been very weary of my play, so I think its very reasonable to assume I would have been a Vig target had he been around on N1

I was also very fortuitous to have not invited Heffy or Dr.S into that PM as they weren't TP.  Again, I had luck on my side with regards to a few decisions and actions that went this game.  Even being investigated first before Heffy was out of my control (although I did have my track on BW for N1 so that would have helped get me in) so again, very fortunate to have had that happened.

Yeah, in hindsight, this was very favorable to the TP, but we can't act like it was a one and done right at the beginning.  I needed to do work and have a lot of things go right.  In this case, it did.  

Also, @otherwise don't leave.  We need out resident City supporter to banter with in the Euro Football thread.

With such a username as you have I would of expected you to play for a draw...

Archived