The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The circumcision thread

Stanky Legs

I just realized that this will be an interesting topic. Each one of us have different views on this. There is no right or wrong position on this. But since it's off-season and I'm a bit tired of the Gudbranson threads, I figure it's nice to have a healthy discussion on Dr. Pollock's specialty.

What is your view on circumcision? There are many facets that affect this view. Maybe religious, cultural, hygiene , etc.

In my case, I am OK with it since I am one of the cut. I also paid for Dr. Pollock's service for my son when he was a baby. It's more of cultural I think. Where I grew up, you'll be the laughing stock if people find out you are not circumcised. There's also the hygiene thing. When I was a kid, my uncles and the men in the family said it stinks if you don't do it.

Respect everyone's opinion, please. Discuss!

Male circumcision is the removal of the foreskin from the human penis. In the most common procedure, the foreskin is opened, adhesions are removed, and the foreskin is separated from the glans. After that, the circumcision device (if used) is placed, and then the foreskin is removed.

It's an odd one for me. I'm a Christian, but I've never really heard it talked about in church or any Bible studies. It seems to be a more traditional thing than a necessary thing in Christian circles. I could be wrong though, as I haven't done much research into it.

"When I was a kid, my uncles and the men in the family said it stinks if you don't do it. "

I'm cut also. it is not a free service the way It was in the 60's when I was born.

It helps if you teach your male child how to wash himself by roll back the foreskin.

I  Imagine you can google it or youtube May have a How to video, they seem to have videos for everything :)

The topic is entirely inconsequential. The pro circumcision side will cite health benefits which seem negligible. The anti circumcision side will cite risks which are minimal. So yeah any discussion seems rather pointless.

3 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

It's an odd one for me. I'm a Christian, but I've never really heard it talked about in church or any Bible studies. It seems to be a more traditional thing than a necessary thing in Christian circles. I could be wrong though, as I haven't done much research into it.

Because traditionally it's not a Christian practice. More common for religious reasons among the Jews and Muslins.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

The topic is entirely inconsequential. The pro circumcision side will cite health benefits which seem negligible. The anti circumcision side will cite risks which are minimal. So yeah any discussion seems rather pointless.

Come on, bro. Pleeeeease support this one. I'm tired of the JB is bad or good GM threads! Let's tal;k about something interesting brah!

13 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

I'm a Christian as well and ya it was the Jews who invented circumcision in the first place as it was originally a sign of being Gods people. However, once the practice began and before we ever had access to modern medicine, it was discovered that it was very hygienic and prevented a lot of infections. It still does prevent a lot of infections, but its not really necessary now that we generally shower everyday and are a lot cleaner in general. More of an aesthetic traditional thing these days.

9 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Come on, bro. Pleeeeease support this one. I'm tired of the JB is bad or good GM threads! Let's tal;k about something interesting brah!

Sorry but I don't find it an engaging topic. We can talk about how Sbisa sucks though. We both seem to want him far away from this team. Let's go halfsies on an airline ticket shipping him off to Siberia.

39 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Perhaps you can spice up the thread by guessing how many Canuck players are circumcised? Then we can discuss whether this procedure enhances your game or not?

Cue the bass solo!

8 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Perhaps you can spice up the thread by guessing how many Canuck players are circumcised? Then we can discuss whether this procedure enhances your game or not?

Cue the bass solo!

You can eliminate the Swedish players as it's only practiced here by Jews and Muslims.

Archived